Journal 6

Go down

Journal 6

Post  Sera Jung on Mon Jun 09 2008, 19:46

Before entering university, I dreamed of exciting college school life full of romance, adventures and new activities. However, the real life of college as fresh man was not same as what I had expected. Rather I felt depressed as I could not handle and manage plenty of time for useful purpose. So I decided to join club with my friend to meet people from various departments and experience new activities in 2nd semester. It was V.I.N.E, English speaking club that I joined and one of seniors in my department recommended me.

Whenever I visited club activities and got along with club members, I felt comfortable. As members had gathered with interests in English, we do not have to think about strict attitudes and manners between seniors and juniors a lot. Also as there are many people from different departments, concerns, school life and interests are not same as what I and my friends have, I could get useful information from various fields.

The first event which I had as viner was athletic meeting and not only our club members but also people from other English speaking clubs in our school such as PTC and ASC participated in this event together. As I had always got used to get along with people from my department, it was not easy for me say hello to others who I meet for the first time. However through various activities such as games, basket ball, arm wrestling and so on, I could feel comfortable and had fun with them. The impression toward members of my club has changed a lot, but still I can recollect how it was vividly. And I usually talked about that with club members and it makes me smile.

The toughest but most valuable memory in my club experiences is when I was in charge of president last year. Sophomores in our club are required to run all the club activities. When considering whole members and activities during a year, it was not easy to manage all of them. By workingas as learder of all club members, there are many things I learned. When I organized the event of time, date, place and so on, I just tried to manage all things on my own , at first. Because I thought it would be more effective reducing time and efforts from other people. But as time passed, work was too much to handle by my self and I got stressful more and more. And I started to assign the work into each member of sophomore. The outcome was much better than what I had expected.As each peopson has their own potential and special feature, they finished the work based on their special ability. The thing I have to do was think how I effectively divide the work considering each person's feature and have lots of communication with them about club activites frequently. Moreover, the warm words from seniors were also great booster for me and I realized the value of people around me.

Though I sometimes felt burden to manage study and club activities at the sametime , the experiences from club gave me great memories and feeling.People who I met though club activities are so valuble and I usually visit clubroom . If there are some freshman who would like to have new and fresh experience, I want to recommend to join club.
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Journal 6

Post  Ju-mi,Im on Mon Jun 09 2008, 20:02

One of my regrets in campus life is not to join the club.
Actually I wanted to join the astronomical club to observe stars in night sky.
It looked nice.
However because of part-time job and other extra activities, I missed the chance.
As you said, I also recommend freshmen or students younger than me to have such an experience as much as possible.
Ju-mi,Im
Flyer
Flyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyun a Ji on Mon Jun 09 2008, 20:30

You are lucky, because you had good chance to join that kinds of club. I think English speaking club is not only learningful but also interesting. Conversation make you meet other people naturally. Your choice was perfect when you are freshman. It seems you have great university life in your life. Very Happy
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inkab on Mon Jun 09 2008, 23:31

I can see the negative point of team teaching in the form of two teachers taking over the same class. Since I don't have any teaching experience with a large number of secondary school students, some of my suggestions presented throughout the Ops now sounds deficient in terms of feasibilty. (Especially your experience seems to tell me that clearly) And I'm a little bit sorry that you met that low quality teacher, but that also must encourage you have more confidence on your self as qualified non native potential English teacher.
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Club activity is the most precious..

Post  Seyoung Yoon on Mon Jun 16 2008, 00:26

I thought about the reason why I don't think university life is interesting.. and I found the answer. That's because I did everything which I would do in college while I was high school students through club activities like M.T. , Festival, and gathering with seniors and juniors. Actually that kinds of activities are not common for high school students, aren't they? However I experienced them all when I was high school students. Thus I was bored at university life. That much, interesting university life experienced through club acitivities. I think you did a great choice to join the club!
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down