Journal - Teaching Practicum.

Go down

Journal - Teaching Practicum.

Post  Cho Jun-woo on Fri Jun 06 2008, 08:56

I was exciting and nervous at once. I had expecting about students. What kind of thinking they are doing? How they are different? I was having many questions. However, I did't have conviction about teacher as a job. Anyway, it starts with these thinking.

First week, I went to elementary school. I was assigned second grade class. They were so cute. All they look like a baby. However, I didn't know what to say. They are only 8years old and I don't have younger brother or sister. I was confused they can understand what I'm saying. About two days later, we were closed. Students followed very well. At the last day, all most students cried and some teachers cried, too.

From second week, it started at high school. Before I went there, I worried about that do they follow me. However, they greeted with smile. They gave a present and flower at teacher's day. Fortunately, I could have many classes. Students were all good more than I expected.

May 2008, may be I can't forget whole my life. Whatever job I have, this is very precious experience. I saw their purity. I felt many things and changed my mind. Before I went teaching practicum, I thought I'll never be a teacher. However Many years from now I may look back on these days as the most rewarding of my live.
Cho Jun-woo
Mover
Mover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Journal - Teaching Practicum.

Post  Hyun a Ji on Fri Jun 06 2008, 11:37

I already did teachers' practicum a year ago. Even now, I never forget that experience. Your essay reminded me teachers' practicum again. When I had to say goodbye in school, I cried in front of students. I still keep in touch with some students in school. I recommend you also keep in touch with your students. Very Happy
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jung namsook on Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:21

Dating back to my old teaching practicum, it was badly easygoing compared to a current tight and hard working student-teacher's schedule . I would just gave one time lesson while my friend just done with practicum even conducted all lessons in English over ten times. Moreover, she is said to have prepared other paper work as well. However, she looked very excied and happy when I encountered her yesterday. She seemed to have been encouraged though the time just like you. As you said it must be a valuable experience in life and make us be positive about teaching.
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sera Jung on Thu Jun 12 2008, 14:13

Whenever someone tells me the experiences of teaching practicum these days, I can not help but concentrating on their story with interest. Because I might have to go teaching practicum next year. The thing that makes me feel anxious most is from doubt on whether I am prepared and qualified to teach studetns or not. As a year is still left, I shoud try to prepare for it more. Thanks for your interesting story!
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Young on Thu Jun 12 2008, 16:38

I'm jealous of you guys who had teaching practicum since I haven't had. I can imagine how cute 8-year-old students and how you felt with them. Your excitement of feeling and views toward students tells that you are already a good teacher. The experience of teaching practicum will be in your memory as long as you teach. Congratulations on finishing practicum!!
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Through practicum..

Post  Seyoung Yoon on Mon Jun 16 2008, 00:12

Teachers college students learn how to be a good teacher after all. When I was students I have a fantasy about the teachers who came to my school for teacher's practicum. At that time I wanted to do teacher's practicum, but I didn't know that I would really have the chance! Through several essays about practicum, I'm getting nervous about my practicum next year. You also seem to pass a good time for 5 weeks! I hope that will be a backbround for you to be a good teacher!
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down