This week's video news #2... (discuss in class March 20)

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Re: This week's video news #2... (discuss in class March 20)

Post  kiera on Thu Apr 17 2008, 09:15

Boyun Park wrote: Smile Opinion : I'm of the opinion that this kind of climate change phenomenon won't slow down unless people really start to acknowledge the reality of nature problem. I'm ashamed to admit that even myself don't really care much about saving the earth except when I hear or read an article something like this. It's true that an individual cannot really feel the small changes in nature. However, if we think about Korea's different four beautiful seasons in the past, spring and autumn seem to have shorten much thesedays. People cannot avoid destroying and using up the nature as we live on, but we can at least try to slow the speed down and think of other ways to save the given nature. If we don't actively try to save the nature from now on, our future generations will have to live in worries everyday.

Smile Prediction : My prediction is that this region in Antarctica will especially warm up fater than other places in near future which will lead to a big nature disaster. Countries that are closed to this region might have to transfer their people to safer spots when the sea level rises. It's also likely that if the glacier keeps melting fast, there soon might be only broken-up chunks of ice floating on the water.

Just like you, I feel sorry whenever I realize the beautiful srping and magnificent fall are getting shorter and shorter. I almost always decide to do something for the better environment but it's not that easy for me to do the action all the time. Well, I feel a little shame ^^;
kiera
Mover
Mover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good point, Ji-Eun!^^

Post  Hyo-Jin Kim on Wed Apr 23 2008, 06:10

I've lately heard of more warnings than ever before from the media and this news is a part of them. As your opinion, the conditions of ice melting seem to be getting worse rapidly. Many people, nevertheless, have a tendency not to take it serious and ignore it because that is not unaccustomed. The point is that they are the very people who caused glacier to melt and have worsen the situation, which means they must take the responsibilities about the faults of their own. The reason why people can pay little attention to the problem might be for they suppose no such a huge disaster would be brought by melted glacier in their generation. How can they leave it kind of homework for descendants? Although most people have plenty of knowledge about the seriousness of ice melting, it is alarming to warn them that they have to put their heads together to find solutions for this problem so that they may avoid getting punished for the destruction of environment anyway in the near future. If we help each other, what will be impossible? It would be best to cooperate worldwide rather than to shrink the responsibility. What a Face

Ji-eun wrote:I'm of the opinion that this situation is getting more serious. Obviously, it is because of envionmental pollution and we can't deny that people have lots of responsibilities about it. This kind of news is not unfamiliar with us, it means it is easy to contact some serious articles of envionmental pollution. Nevertheless, people tend not to consider it seriously. They think, of course, this situation is growing more and more intense, but the disaster never happen in our generation. Through this video, however, i could think that this is the time to move for our envionmen!

My prediction is that we will meet with a calamity if we pass over this situation. As this reporter mentioned, the speed of melting is getting faster. So it can be happen that all Antarctica glacier is melting at all and sea level is going up. Anyone can guess the next situation. What can we see next? I think all of people in the world have some responsibilities about this situation.
Hyo-Jin Kim
Flyer
Flyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Champagne demand fizzing

Post  Hyo-Jin Kim on Fri Apr 25 2008, 16:32

Summary: For the internationally growing popularity of French wine, champagne has reached the maximum of capacity in terms of production and sales today. It has led the vineyards to the legally allowed expansion which used to be restricted by law for a long time. The project to increase service areas of grape crops is set to work in a hurry, while there is a viewpoint of worries simultaneously. Independent producers are much concerned about the quality, so that they remain of the opinion that they will keep trying to make a luxury product with certain rarity and the best possible quality.

Opinion: I wasn't surprised to see the good sales of French wine at all, to be honest. I do not know much about wine, still it smells and tastes awsome for me.

Last edited by Hyo-Jin Kim on Wed May 14 2008, 05:44; edited 1 time in total
Hyo-Jin Kim
Flyer
Flyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

You have a point, but..

Post  Hyo-Jin Kim on Sat Apr 26 2008, 03:36

Hi, Oksun! It was enjoyable reading your ideas. I think you're right in the part that China should open what's going on in Tibet to the world, but I do disagree with your prediction. China has no right to control Tibet in fact. What age do they think they're living in? It is a surprisingly silly idea of another era that a country can be under the control of another with power. Power neither does good at all nor can be an ultimate solution whatever the problem is. Everyobdy is anxious about the world's peace and I don't think China wants to be isolated from everybody again by disturbing it. They should be aware of how hard it is to be cut off from their past experience as a country in the Communist orbit. I don't understand why they made such a choice on Tibet for they seemed to be successfully getting into the democratic society. There must have been a misunderstandings. I expect China to reveal them and figure out the best way to deal with this problem without ruining the good images or relationships with other countries which they have accomplished through a lot of efforts so far. I am of the belief that China will be wise enough to declare Tibet's independence in the near future in order to hold successful Beijing Olympics and avoid lots of possible troubles that can be caused by this situation afterwards.

Oksun wrote:Opinion : I'm of the opinion that, it's imperative for China to let people in other contries know what's happening in Lhasa "objectively". China has shut off Tibet to foreign visitors and is denying requests from foreign journalists to visit the region. Hongkong reporters have been told to leave. I also think that China is going to crack down on demonstrators "without any witnesses".After the failed uprising in 1959, when Dalai Lama, Tibetans' spiritual leader, fled to India, Tibetans have been persistently calling for independence from China. They simply want to keep their own culture and tradition, without any political causes. How humble and naive their wishes are !!
I'm of opinion that China insists on the idea that Tibet is part of China, although no country in the world reaffirms support. Suspect
Prediction : My prediction is that the violence in Lhasa will result in a deathblow to China,which will host the Olympic Games this summer,looking forward to regain its "proper"place in the world. Some human right advocates see the Olympic logo as the symbol of suppressed Tibetans. It's also likely that repression in Tibet could end in demands to boycott the Olympics. Some athletes are reported to consider it already.
The Chinese government has been investing money into Tibet, including the construction of a railroad to connect the region with major cities such as Shanghai and Beijing. Therefore, My prediction is that, as long as China think of Tibet as an area of economic, millitary, and political importance, it WON'T allow Tibet to have independence. Evil or Very Mad
Hyo-Jin Kim
Flyer
Flyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This week's video news #2... (discuss in class March 20)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7