TEE Poll #1

Go down

Based on what you have seen, learned and experienced in this course (Methodology of Teaching Spoken English Skills), do you think you could teach speaking skills in English (that is, with the teacher teaching only in English)?

Yes - absolutely

Yes - quite possibly

Perhaps - but I'm not sure

No - probably not

No - absolutely not

View results

TEE Poll #1

Post  Jason Renshaw on Tue May 20 2008, 19:10

Please respond to the poll - it is basically asking you if, based on what you have experienced in this course, you think you could teach speaking skills to Korean students and use English as the language of instruction (that is, teach the class only using English).

Managing Director: www.onlinEnglish.Net
Author: http://www.boostskillsseries.com
Weblog: http://jasonrenshaw.typepad.com
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

So positive about TEE by Korean!

Post  Jung namsook on Wed May 21 2008, 10:09

I claim that it's considerably possible for Korean teachers to teach English in English as a language of instruction. Even though Korean English teachers are not likely to speak fluently just like a native English speaker, they will cover up the class only if they've readily prepared English skills enough for teaching English. With the teacher's steadier patience, students will be gradually catching up with the class. I'm very positive about Korean teacher's teaching English in English as it's been proved in other countries.
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

English teachers should be risk takers.

Post  Young on Wed May 21 2008, 11:42

I have a lot of stress because of English speaking these days. Sometimes I think how I can be a good English teacher with this poor English speaking proficiency. However, the more we expose ourselves in the context of English, the more we can enhance our English. Of course, there are some people inborn talent of English or who lived abroad for a long time. Also, there are not many Korean English teachers who lived or studied abraod. Therefore, I guess English teachers should be risk taker and try to teach English in English. That is the first step to be a good English teacher.
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TEE Poll #1

Post  Kanghoon Jang on Thu May 22 2008, 19:24

I would have many stresses if I teach English in English. However, I am going to do that because I already experienced how fantastic it is. Of course, it is really difficult in first time. The students would not understand and even that I would not understand what I say. I am sure that it would gradually be better and better because people can embrace their circumstances and have willingness that we have to cope with even if that is the worst cases. Plus, I am going to do my best for teaching English and practice as much as I can. Those things makes get better situations in class.

To be honest, I hope that it would happen in Korea even if it is panic in class.

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TEE Poll #1

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down