TEE Poll #2

Go down

Based on what you have seen, learned and experienced in this course (Methodology of Teaching Spoken English Skills), do you think it is possible for students to learn English speaking skills in English (that is, with the teacher teaching only in English)?

Yes - absolutely

Yes - quite possibly

Perhaps - but I'm not sure

No - probably not

No - absolutely not

View results

TEE Poll #2

Post  Jason Renshaw on Tue May 20 2008, 19:06

Please enter your vote above for this poll. It is basically asking, based on your experience in our class, is it possible for Korean students to be taught good speaking skills if the teacher is conducting the class entirely in English?

Managing Director: www.onlinEnglish.Net
Author: http://www.boostskillsseries.com
Weblog: http://jasonrenshaw.typepad.com
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Must be possible!

Post  Jung namsook on Wed May 21 2008, 10:22

If English teachers let have a comfortable class in which students can ask any questions, stuents would be enjoying English class rather than the class conducted in Korean as a language of instruction. From Demo class of David Sohn, it was possible to get a picture about difficult words and phrases because of his dedicated explanation. If a teacher should be steadier and more patient than ever, students can absolutely learn English entirely in English.
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

It is necessary, but difficult!

Post  Young on Wed May 21 2008, 11:30

Of course, it is possible to learn English in English. Today, I had a presentation that conducting English class in English. I was really embarrased because of my poor English speaking proficiency. Before this, actually, I used the same material to some of my students. One group was elementary school students (beginners) and the other group was the second grade of middle schools (intermediate). For beginners, it took much more time to make them understand what I said, but they enjoyed activities a lot. On the other hand, even though middle school students could understand what I said and asked, they hesitated and felt nervous to speak in English just like me. They and I need more exposure of English speaking.

Personally, I totally agree that teaching English in English. For teachers, it is very good way to keep their English speaking and develop English. However, I think we need very useful, effective methods to cover all English areas. From my experience, English grammar was helpful for logical speaking, reading, and writing. The problem is how to teach specific and difficult part of English. We have go through trials and errors, but the true fact is we should try!!
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TEE Poll #2

Post  Kanghoon Jang on Thu May 22 2008, 19:33

I think it would be possible but we need the specific details for understanding. If local teachers even native teachers want to teach speaking skills in English, they would prepare many examples for understanding. Otherwise, it is not going to help and be useful. I think that the good idea is that teachers check students whether they can use exact situations praticing realistic simulation in class. Plus, we need our motivation to get it over and constant efforts to surely mater English in our mind.

Sincerely,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TEE Poll #2

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down