Video news assignment for May 1st

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  inmyheart479 on Thu May 08 2008, 04:35

Hi there~^^
It's very interesting you described this society as "eaten or to be eaten" in your writing. I am totally for you. Especially, I, myself, also feel scared living in a dog eat dog world with a lot of competetions Like you said, I think this may have been caused from the lack of moral value which should be guided by parents at home.

bakbann wrote:Summary
High technology has been pointed as one of the main causes that had separated families. Some tech companies, however, now insist high technology can get family back together. For instance, family can play video games with the big screen and have fun together.

Opinion
It would be great that high tech can contribute to improving family relationship. However, I'm of the opinion that these simple gadgets cannot bring separated families back together. The rationale behind this is that there are actually many elements that separated families. In this busy and competitive society, people became much busier, which means there are less time to spend with their families. Children come home late from school or Hagwon. Back home, they need to study to get into a prestige university. Parents are also busy working to survive in this "eat or be eaten" society. The fast changing society widened generation gap as well. Lastly, due to the development of telecommunication and transportation, more and more families live apart. Some children study abroad and some husbands and wives meet only on weekends because of their jobs in different cities. Therefore, I think it won't be easy to get separated families back together by high tech only.

Prediction
My prediction is that this will be selling well. Although it may not keep family relationship closer, this is still eyecatching for children as well as adults. People, let alone tremendous number of passionate fans of Play station and Nintendo, would love this innovative and fun game. Thus, I think this will sell like hot cakes.
avatar
inmyheart479
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 44
Join date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  inmyheart479 on Thu May 08 2008, 04:47

Hi Jin young
I am with you when you said that we don't feel the necessity of talking with each other. As for me, I sometimes don't verbally talk to some of my close friends, time and again to my family members when I can easily take advantage of using hi technology gadgets. In that case, I feel like I am sort of losing human contact which we should feel free to have. What a pity!

Kim Jin-Young wrote:summary : Some tech companies make it sure that hi-tech devices are helpful to bring family together. There are high-definition TV, big screen TV, Nintendo and so on. The previous technology contributes to the separation of individuals, but some companies emphasize the opposite side.

opinion : Various devices have been released at every second. Things like computers or TV which is common at home make all members of family behave respectively. In other words, we don't feel the necessity of talking with each other. I'm of the opinion that advanced devices highly encourage members to get closer by playing games in virtual reality. However, I also think that these kinds of devices can be distributed to the rich due to the relatively high price.

prediction : My prediction is that it will took time for many people to take advantage of these hi tech devices. As a good exemplary case, some of commercial companies will make the most of them in order to attract people's attention. It is also likely that its benefits are only restricted to those who can afford to but it. However, I have no doubt that family will spend great time at home, not going out to the distant suburbs.
avatar
inmyheart479
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 44
Join date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  inmyheart479 on Thu May 08 2008, 04:53

Hi, Pilsu.
The first thing that comes to my mind whenever I read your writings is that you have an awesome writing skill. Thanks for giving me the chance to have read a well-written article.

Lee Pilsu wrote:Summary: The news is about a 73-year-old father who had held his daughter a prisoner at home and made her pregnant several times, giving births to three children, who also had to live as captives for many years. The man reportedly kept his daughter locked in a room and moved her location to basement as she produced their children. The police is determined to investigate the horrible and shocking crime thoroughly. Currently the daughter is receiving medical treatment in hospital while the father is in jailed. (I couldn't catch who wrote the letter and how it was able to be sent to the police.)


Opinion: I think the old man has a severe mental problem as he pretended he was a normal person among friends, and a monster at home torturing his children for 24 years. But I wonder how he was able to control the "prisoners" at home for such a long time. The prisoners could have resisted against him and escaped from him and the house. Maybe they had tried but failed because he must have locked all the windows and doors to prevent them from getting out and threatened them with some tools. More powerfully, he could have overpowered and controlled their minds, defeating them psychologically, so that the victims would just give up the thought of escaping. Well, it's just my imagination. The police will find out more. At any rate, I feel very sorry to his daughter and her children who had to live as a prisoner and without freedom for such a long time. The father almost destroyed their lives.


Prediction: It will take many years for the daughter and the children to recover from the nightmare they experienced. It's possible that they will never forget and forgive what the father had done to them because the emotional scar, or trauma, is so deep. However, their scar will be healed as more and more good and caring people who have listened to the news take pity and give a helping hand to them. And the father who is in jail will be suffering from the confusion of his identity that he had maintained divided into good and evil successfully for several decades. In the end, he will go crazy and even crazier the moment he faces death seeing himself in everlasting fire.
avatar
inmyheart479
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 44
Join date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wow~ it's really tough!!

Post  jihyun on Thu May 08 2008, 06:42

1. Drive to produce injury-proof car

One Swedish car company did a "crashed test" , wanting to have no injuries or accidents in the future. Worrying that too many people are injured, they aim to creat
"uncrashable car" with huge electronic brains and minimize the impact on those inside.
They are still working on how to unite mechanical, electronical and human elements in a single safety environments.

I am of the opinion that these kinds of effort are really good start for the world-wide people. Because, as far as I know, We have increasing number of accidents and injuries recently. Once, there exists a car that can not be crashed, that means we can prevent accidets and injuries. I am hoping this invention can be actualized so quickly.

Watching this sort of news, I predict that in the near future, we can have cars which are able to sense the dangerous situations and drunken or drowsing people automatically, with cheaper price. If this kinds of system or technology become commercialize, we can keep our precious people from danger.


Last edited by jihyun on Thu May 08 2008, 11:42; edited 2 times in total
avatar
jihyun
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 68
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  Bae Sung-han on Thu May 08 2008, 06:53

Good point you have got on your opinion.
Car producers are definitely beneficial because a cutting edge of car technology has been done research for a long time and plus they will try to get some money from the car market.
I think there might be someone worrying about the fully-gadgeted cars.
They are insurance companies. All the technological device will reduce the number of car accidents, but someone believing the car which seems perfect doesn't need to join the car insurance. I know everyone has to join the company by force but it might be choiceable near the future after publicly produced the car.
I like reading your article very much.

Lee yujin wrote:summary
The Swedish car testing institution and car makers are trying to develop the cutting-edge technology which would help reduce car accident. Even though it could be really challenging and seem far-fetched. they will put thier all effort to work out this project that probably will result in saving many peolple's lives.

opinion
I'm on the opinion that this effort will eventually bring many benefits to both of the car makers and drivers. Car accident could be thie one of the notorious killers in modern society amd nobody except peolple living in isolated woods can free from the dangers and risks of it.
This smart car, as long as it come to be real, would save many peolple's lives.
I think more govermente-funded researchs about this project should be carried on.

prediction
First the cars with this driver protection technology will be highly expensive, but many people will have intersts in these cars.
Second the death toll caused by car clash will reduce significatly.
Third diriving will be much safer than now.
avatar
Bae Sung-han
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 89
Join date : 2008-03-12
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can Hi-Tech bring families closer?

Post  Ji Young, Kim on Thu May 08 2008, 07:08

As you can see in the title, this news article is about the potential use of high technology to bring families closer and help them spend some quality time together. We usually think that high technology from TV, cell phones to hand-held video games has separated people and put them in their own space, and family life has suffered as a result. But some companies like Samsung and Panasonic are trying to come up with some new ways of using this high technology to bring family members back together around entertainment, education and accessing information.




I'm of the opinion that I definitely like the idea of using high technology to have families get together and ensure quality time for them. We often see very worried parents because their kids are kind of so addicted to computer games or love playing with cell phones so much in their own room that they simply don't want to come out of it and have some conversations with parents. To those parents this news must be a very pleasing one. While doing those fun computer games provided by Nintendo or Samsung together around big screen TV, families can have a good time together. Besides, parents can understand their children better by engaging in activities using cool high tech stuff, which is very crucial and almost indispensable to youngsters' life these days, so they can maintain a better and closer relationship with their children.



My prediction is that many parents who want a closer family relationship or are very interested in thinking of more fun ways to spend family time together will definitely welcome this use of high technology. If big screen high-definition TV and some new computer games like Nintendo Wii can guarantee a stronger and happier family life, many parents will not hesitate to spend much money on those hi-tech gadgets. In addition, teachers as well as parents will be interested in using high technology to get kids to participate in group work. As you know, these days young kids spend too much time alone in their own room playing computer games, so there are many who have difficulty in getting along with others or simply are not comfortable being with others. Therefore, some teachers will like the companies' idea to use high-tech stuff in order to get kids together and spend more time with others, not alone.
avatar
Ji Young, Kim
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 46
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  bakbann on Thu May 08 2008, 08:37

Ryu Jeong A wrote:[summary]
Hi-technology experts assert that we will keep more intimate family relationship in the very near future, using the advanced devices like Nintendo Wii which is hot issue these days. Unlike previous devices such as cell phone, laptop computer, or IP pagers which separated people in their own space, this newly introduced devices are expected to bring families together and have quality time in front of the big screen of TV

[opinion]
As the expert said on the news, I am of the opinion that this kind of technology is just a tool, but not the end. I think the treadmill is to our health what the Wii is to the family relationship. So, it is the efforts of the family members that make them have fun together.

[prediction]
My prediction is that the market of hi-tech will grow more than ever before. Unfortunately, however, only after they have that hi-tech device installed in their house, consumers will come to know that this does not guarantee their familyís happiness, just like many people realize that they donít lose any fat or get healthy even after purchasing sports goods.
I love your opinion about this video game. I agree with you. What we need most is our effort to regain closer relationship of family, not simple video game. I think this is one of the most important and fastest way to get families back together. Even if we have no video games like this, I believe if we really want our closer ties of family, we can play badminton or hike the mountain with our own family. Therefore, each member's will and efforts are most essential to strengthen family relationship.


Last edited by bakbann on Thu May 08 2008, 08:41; edited 1 time in total
avatar
bakbann
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 59
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Summary of 3 news

Post  kiera on Thu May 08 2008, 10:59


Summary : A swedish car company sets up a car crash test ,and their ultimate purpose is to produce uncrashable cars with a qualified electronic brain that can senses potential dangers.
Opinion : I think that this kind of technology is helpful not only for drivers but also for pedestrians. For example, the small electronic brain in the injury-proof car can sense the drunken drivers and prevent them from driving. By doing so, I think it can reduce the possibility of car accidents.
Prediction : My prediction is that this injury-proof car will significantly contribute to decreasing the rate of car accidents and of injured people. However, there might be a chance to increase the rate of car accidents since some people give hasty credit to a technology.


Summary
: A horror father kept his daughter and other children in the cellar of his own house. He treated them like prisoners for about 24 years. The government insists than they will investigate what made this shocking crime possible.
Opinion : My opinion is that he should be punished in whatever ways because he destroyed his children's lives. Of course I don't think punishing him could compensate for the happiness of the children, but ,at least, it could function as warning.
Prediction : My prediction is that these kinds of crimes won't be reduced. Maybe, the rate of the crime will increase. As you know, the percentage of divorced family is getting higher and higher. At this very moment, I think we should try to enhance social tie of a community. Each member can do the roles of parents instead of mel-functioning parents and monitor what is happening in that family.


Summary
: Some people think that hi-tech electronics can bring families closer. For example, Nintendo's Wii and Samsung's TV screen can provide virtual games which make people have fun together.
Opinion : I think that hi-technology can provide mutual interaction more, compared to the prior computer games and portable video games. However, it hardly provides direct contacts and more qualified emotional exchange.
Prediction : My prediction is that this kind of technology could be beneficial in compensatory education since it can make up the lack of qualified teachers. For example, students in a remote rural areas can be thought by the teacher through clearly showing HDTV. The clearity of HDTV makes them feel that the teacher is teaching right in front of them.


Last edited by kiera on Thu May 08 2008, 13:37; edited 2 times in total
avatar
kiera
Mover
Mover

Posts : 22
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I agree ~~^^

Post  Oksun on Thu May 08 2008, 11:01

Ryu Jeong A wrote:[summary]
Hi-technology experts assert that we will keep more intimate family relationship in the very near future, using the advanced devices like Nintendo Wii which is hot issue these days. Unlike previous devices such as cell phone, laptop computer, or IP pagers which separated people in their own space, this newly introduced devices are expected to bring families together and have quality time in front of the big screen of TV

[opinion]
As the expert said on the news, I am of the opinion that this kind of technology is just a tool, but not the end. I think the treadmill is to our health what the Wii is to the family relationship. So, it is the efforts of the family members that make them have fun together.

[prediction]
My prediction is that the market of hi-tech will grow more than ever before. Unfortunately, however, only after they have that hi-tech device installed in their house, consumers will come to know that this does not guarantee their familyís happiness, just like many people realize that they donít lose any fat or get healthy even after purchasing sports goods.

I agree on your point that hi-tech does not guarantee families' happiness . Instead of spending their time on virtual games, it'll be better to share time on outdoors activites. It will be beneficial for family members to stay fit as well.
avatar
Oksun
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 58
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  Oksun on Thu May 08 2008, 11:22

bobosbong wrote:summary
An Austrailian Joseph...had kept his daughter in the cellar for about 20 years and fathered quite many children from her. Being discovered by the police, he's in jail now and the eldest daughter is being hospitalized.

opinion
It's really horrible and heartbreaking. I can't understand how a father can commit such a felony. He must be a devil if he isn't mentally insane. I came to know the fact from the other news article that he ran a restaurant or something, which means he lives a life of a normal person, being only sexually disordered. I think this makes him far more unforgiven in that he must know he's wrong morally and socially. While working in a store, he must have felt guilty about his misdeed. He could've been forgiven if he had repented earlier but he took away 20 years of one women's life and left an uncurable scar in her heart. If there's hell, it's where he belongs to! and if I could I would anguish his soul forever.

prediction
The Austrailian government will have a hard time dealing with this case. Whether he's sentenced to death or life imprisonment, all the eyes of the world will focus on the case because this is such a shocking news and it doesn't match the image of a peaceful tourist country.

Wasn't it Austria that this crime happened?^^::. Anyway.. Sexual Harassment or something doen't fit the Mozart's country. As everybody knows, Austria is the country that gets lot of revenue from the tourists who rush for the beautiful scenery every year. I was shocked that this horrible crime occured in Austria,which is known for its musical genius Mozart and tourist attractions.,
avatar
Oksun
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 58
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

3. Can Hi-Tech bring families closer?

Post  jihyun on Thu May 08 2008, 11:42

3. Can Hi-Tech bring families closer?

For parents who are worrying about their buying a video, TV or computer to their children, here's a good news. Some technology companies such as Samsung and Panasonic etc made hi-tech devices. Technology which made family separated and their relationship suffer has been changing recently. These companies' new devices use big TV screen and let many people play simultaneously in front of big screen TV. This might bring family together and let family spend time together.

I think that this is really good device for parents who have trouble telling their children not to spend too much time on computer or TV by themselves. We, family need more time to have fun and more things to enjoy together. Actually, when family gather together, there's nothing special to enjoy altogether. Watching this, I think that our technology is turning its direction into good aspect which can help people become happier which is our ultimate goal.

Later, when this kind of game or TV screen equipment become available to normal people, I would like to buy one of them and have fun with my family. As I think, many people may have same ideas. If these devices bring families closer successfully, more and more new equipment and devices will be developed by many technology companies. I hope, thanks to this new HI-Tech, people especially family members get closer and become happier than ever.


Last edited by jihyun on Thu May 08 2008, 12:25; edited 1 time in total
avatar
jihyun
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 68
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

''Horror father's'' double life

Post  Ji Young, Kim on Thu May 08 2008, 12:12

This very shocking news article is about 73-year-old Austrian "Horror Father" who held his daughter captive for 24 years and imprisoned her and her children he had fathered in the basement cellar. While his daughter and her children kept prisoned in a dungeon, he took sunshine holidays to Thailand with some male friends and there enjoyed fresh food and sunshine he deprived his children of. Now the investigation is going on and the "Horror Father" is behind bars.




I'm of the opinion that it is really hard to believe that such a terrible, horrible thing actually happened in the real world, not in crime fiction or hollywood movies. This must be a very shocking news that everyone wouldn't want to accept as truth. Last week when this news was first released I heard many people around me talked about it stunned and raged. As a neighbor said in the report, I don't know what goes on inside people like "Horror Father." How can a person rape and imprison his own daughter?! And how can a person think of taking a trip and having a relaxing time while his own children are being tortured physically and mentally?! Basically I believe human nature is fundamentally good, but whenever I encounter stories about cold-blooded people like "Horror Father," I think I'm so naive that I'm looking at the world through rosy-colored glasses though the world is actually very ugly and cruel. Anyway, "Horror Father" should not be forgiven for any reason, and he will deserve all he gets.




My prediction is that this news article will raise awareness about child abuse. I know this is a very rare and extreme case, but according to some statistics, the majority of child abuse is committed by parents, not by strangers. So Austrian government will take action to prevent any kind of child abuse, and try to do their best to make sure this kind of thing will never happen again.
avatar
Ji Young, Kim
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 46
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  choi Eun sil on Thu May 08 2008, 12:22

Drive to produce injury-proof car

They did many experiments to prevent car accidents in Sweden. They are also developing one giant bumper not to injure peolple when car accidents take place. One person perdicts that there are no accidents in the future with this technology.

I'm pleased to hear this news, as a driver. In Korea, Every year many people were died or injured because of car accidents. Nowadays I have to drive a long distance, so I am sometimes scared everytime I see car crash happening . If this development sell, the car accidents will decrease. However, The most important thing is that people should drive carefully to drop the number of car accidents.

My prediction is that the number of car accidents will decrease with this technology for a short time. The less car accidents happen, the less people are killed. Still, this impact doesn't last long. As I said, what matters is that people must drive carefully for themselves as well as for other people.
avatar
choi Eun sil
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 38
Join date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Why this news is so tough for me to understand?

Post  jihyun on Thu May 08 2008, 12:31

I have listened this news for several days and several times but I can't still get the
information and details...............Wow~ it's really tough.

2. "Horror father's" double life

One horrible old man imprisoned his own daughter and her children in the cellar of his own house for 24 years. With frige and washing maching, these 'prisoners' have to live without sunshine and fresh foods which this crazy man enjoyed in Tailand with his male friend during his holiday. This unbelievable story is revealed as a truth according to the investigation team. This horror father is now behind the bar, still, investigation team has many things to do.

I am of the opinion that this world become crazy. There happens too many strange and immoral incidents around us. This world is too scary to live. We have to do something to change the world and to protect our children. Until this weired incident was revealed to the people, nobody knows about this situation and this dobule life man. How individualist!! Of course if this had happend near my town, I couldn't have known, either. I think everybody has to care about their neighborhood more. Same as me.

I predict that this man will be imprisoned forever and people will not forgive him, ever never!! And those poor children and the lady will be protected by the police and get treatment by the nation. Hopefully, people might have more attention to their neighbor and their family. There should be developed some laws to prevent this things from happening again in this 'beautiful world'.


Last edited by jihyun on Thu May 08 2008, 13:08; edited 5 times in total
avatar
jihyun
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 68
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

2nd video news

Post  Kim Eun-jung on Thu May 08 2008, 12:32

Summary

More details of 73 year old Josef Fritzl's double life have emerged. He imprisoned his daughter and their children for 24 years, but His neighbors didn't know at all. He built one room prison for his daughter but after she produced more of his children, he built extension on the underground cellar. Three of her children were adopted to Fritzl and his wife after he forced their mother to write letters saying she could no longer cope with them. The investigation is still under way. The oldest daughter is in hospital and horror father is behind the bar now.

Opinion

It's so shocking that I can't believe it. How a father can do this cruel thing to his daughter? He must be a psychopath. These kind of psychopaths cause serious social problem because they commit violent crime without feeling sorry for what they have done, living among normal people. Because they act like a normal person usually, neighbors and even families don't know or can't imagine they commit such a crime. Fritzl seems to be a similar case. He should be segregated and given special treatment from a psychiatrist. It's so horrible to think a psychopath is around acting normal person.

And watching the news, a question arose. Is it possible that his wife doesn't know the fact for 24 years? How could he visit the secret cellar regularly and even build extension on the underground cellar without his wife's notice? It's a mystery.

Prediction

More investigation should be made. New details will emerge, and Fritzl will be given severe penalty. Because many people worldwide were surprised at the shocking news, the authorities will try to prevent similar crimes.

Kim Eun-jung
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 40
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  choi Eun sil on Thu May 08 2008, 12:51

Horror father's double life

Elisabeth, who's 42 years old, was brutally raped by her father in her own house for 24 years old. Her father, who's 73 years old, confessed to imprisoning his daughter in a secret cellar for a lon time. Elisabeth give birth to 7 children. Three of them were adopted and lived with her father and mother. Three of them are locked in a cellar. One of them was died due to the lack of care. Her mother is reported to be unware of this crime. Her father is behind the bar.


I'm really schocked to hear this news. How could human beings do such a horrible thing? Is It possible for her mother not to know this truth? Did her mother try to find out her daughter? Jesef Fritzl, her father, ruined her daughter's whole life because of only his sexual desire. I think he is not a human but a monster or an animal. We must not forgive him. Moreover. we should reinforce the law connected with rape.


My prediction is that he will be sentenced to death. He did a cruel thing that people must not do. People also require a more detailed law related to rape and adoption.
avatar
choi Eun sil
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 38
Join date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

on the 1st video news

Post  kim young-ah on Thu May 08 2008, 12:59

summary: In Sweden, car crash-test was conducted by specialists for about 2 weeks. They try to reduce the car crash or car accidents. And they set some huge electronic minimized device in the car. It was a tough challenge but terrific thing. With the sensor and giant bumper, the drivers will be able to prevent the car crash. Their car safety campaign won't stop there. And we wish that there're no accidents in the future.

I'm of the opinion that to have the crash proof device is terrific. If we drive in that car and we do more carefully, there's no serious crash and no more injured people. I wish every car has that electronic brain device not only in Sweden. If possible, in the future, we have no car accidents or we have perfect safety zone from car accidents.
avatar
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-03-13
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  choi Eun sil on Thu May 08 2008, 13:09

Can hi-tech bring families closer?

Many hi-tech , such as cell-phone, computer etc, seperated people from their families or friends. This hi-tech will bring back together, though. Many family participating in this game can share a lot of fun time together and have new reasons to spend time together.


I'm of the opiniom that its popularity will not last long. Some older people don't like playing games and are not used to playing games. Thanks to this tech, of course, people can enjoy the games together and spend much time together at first. However ,peolpe will get tired of it and then the games will be saved in a warehouse.
I think we need more conversation and a common interest .If the family has a common hobby, their relationship will be strengtened.
avatar
choi Eun sil
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 38
Join date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I can't believe it, either.

Post  kim young-ah on Thu May 08 2008, 13:20

After I read your comment,I was more shocked... 7 children...
And the 19-year-old daughter gave birth 7 times... Was that from her father's raping?
I coulnd't understand exactly but the father is bound to die....
How cruel!!!!

Kim Jin-Young wrote:summary : Fritzel is accused of imprisoning and raping his daughter for 24 years. Elizabeth , Firtzel's daughter, gave a birth to 7 children with Fritzel. Three of them are adopted to his wife and him in his groundabove house because he forced Elizabeth to write a letter to ask for committing her three children. However, the youngest child was dead and secretly burn by him to cover something related to his crime. Now she is segregated from his father with great safety and other children are hospitalized because of the lack of oxygen and sunlight.

opinion : I searched the internet to find out more detailed information about this crime. In the first place, I can't give any comments about this because it's so atrocious that his sexual desire ruined one' whole life and give a fatal effects on her irreparable mental states. I'm of the opinion that more flagrant crimes than the past are uncovered to the public such as killing someone. The deaths of unknown persons are apt to be heard through news, and then we become immune to those crimes due to an increasing number of those.

prediction : Authorities concerned in Austria consider fully the seriousness of this crime and all the Austrians feel shameful with knowing that unspeakable event happened in Australia. My prediction is that its police will take a drastic action to reveal how it could be maintained for such a long time. It is also likely that Fritzel will get a fairly heavy sentence and I hope she get overcome it.


Last edited by kim young-ah on Thu May 08 2008, 13:40; edited 1 time in total
avatar
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-03-13
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

about your 1st story opinion ^^

Post  Boyun Park on Thu May 08 2008, 13:29

eunjin39 wrote:Jason, I hope you get well soon! Crying or Very sad
Here's my homework. :-)

Cool Drive to produce injury-proof car

[summary]
Efforts to reduce car crash is made in Sweden with a test. Car crash is worldwide and any people are killed or injured by it. Already some technologies like ignition switch which will not work depending on the driver's condition are developed, but people are still working on the development

[opinion]
I'm of the opinion that people cannot prevent car crash 100 percent. Even though high technologies are developed these days, people should think about who are behind the wheel: human beings. Human beings cannot be controlled easily by scientific technologies no matter how effective the technologies are. I believe the driver's driving ability is sometimes beyond the technologies' influence.

[prediction]
My prediction is that the casualty caused by car crash will decrease in a decade. Many experts are still working on the technology to reduce car crash, and I believe they can achieve something great within ten years.


Evil or Very Mad 'Horror father's'' double life

[summary]
A father, who is 73 years old, kept her daughter and three of her children in a secret room and its underground extention for 24 years. He made his daughter write letter to her mother to adopt her three children. The judge thinks that the story is true, and the investigators are still working on the case. The daughter's daughter stayed in the hospital, which made the police circle the house, and now the father is in the prison.

[opinion]
I'm of the opinion that the father is really crazy to ruin his daughter's and the children's life so miserably. Even though the father is behind bars right now, the mental shock and wound that the victims had will not go away easily. I'm glad that now the daughter is free from his ugly father and can see sunshine as much as she wants to.

[prediction]
My prediction are that the government of the father's country will intensify the law related to child abuse and that the judge will sentence him to 24 years in prison. First of all, this incident is a big shock for most people, and people will easily agree with the thinking that much stronger law should be made. Not every parent is good, so not to have this kind of situation again, a child abuse law should be intensified. Next, the judge will know how big the daughter's suffering is, so he may want the father to experience the pain that his daughter had. This particular sentence may not make the daughter happy, but something should be done for him to realize what he did to his daughter.



cyclops Can Hi-Tech bring families closer? bounce

[summary]
Some hi-technology can make family relationship closer by making family members do things like playing video game with big TV screen together.

[opinion]
I'm of the opinion that the idea that hi-technology can give a family quality time is a good thing. As time goes by, as I grew up, I get to realize that there are not many things that I can share with my parents. We have different interests, and I'm sure that most parents have already given up doing things together with growing children in hi-technology world. Like playing Yutnori together on holidays, I'm definitely sure that new hi-technology will bring harmony to home.

[prediction]
My prediction is that playing video games with family members will be a big hit throughout the world. Nowadays, individualism is spreaded among people, so people easily feel lonely while they are enjoying their private time; I think some part of their heart is empty. Family members should be the closest people in the world for anybody, and most people may not know how to be close to their family. I want to say time will be the solution, and most people need time to spend together with their family. In this point, the hi-technology games will satisfy people.

I didn't think of it that way at first, just thought Smile it would be really helpful and convenient once those devices are on the market. However, reading your opinion made me remember a movie " I Robot" I saw on TV couple days ago. Even though the cars were perfectly injury-proof(no car accidents) since they were all operated by computers and robots, when the human drove the vehicle with his own hands, he couldn't avoid crashing other cars. I agree with you that even with many devices to warn or prevent people from getting in dangerous situation, they cannot control people(the drivers) 100%. And for that reason, there still will be some car crashes in the future.... But companies can work to reduce those numbers, right??!!! Exclamation Very Happy
avatar
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 78
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Drive to produce injury-proof car

Post  Hyo-Jin Kim on Thu May 08 2008, 13:31

Summary: Volvo, a Swedish car company, has been struggling to develop a special car on purpose to keep people all around the world from being killed or injured by its cars. While car experts assume that the tough challenge is only theoretically possible, Volvo has already started offering such specialized cars as can alarm drunken drivers in case of drowsiness. Safety experts and campaigns are also working on mechanical, electronic, and human elements of driving for a single safe environment.




Opinion: I am of the opinion that it is a great trial for people who are exposed to the danger of car accidents all the time worldwide. It is of importance that anybody can suddenly die or lose someone they love for that. Although the safeguards are everywhere, the occurrence of traffic accidents is inevitable in general because it does not happen through lack of knowledge but by a mistake at a moment. The mere mistake could kill or injure fellow passengers and pedestrians as well as the driver. Besides, it brings more sorrow than anything else to their families, which means it can take many people's hopes. As a result, this kind of car and study is urgently needed today.




Prediction: My prediction is that the experts will finally make it possible to develop the special car. But I guess it won't be that easy for the normal to own the car until a few years pass by for its high price as a brand-new product. Once it is generalized by the public someday, it will save lots of lives.
avatar
Hyo-Jin Kim
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 41
Join date : 2008-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Drive to priduce injury-proof car : Safty First !!

Post  Kim Hyunjin on Thu May 08 2008, 13:32

Summary : High technology to prevent form car accidents is developing by many people's effort. They intend to avoid car crash and decrease accidents. As a result of it, some devices which are drunken drivers can hear the warning sounds from the car and the car tries to keep the distance between the bumper of the front car and the driver's car throughout some sensors were developed. They are still studying and hope that there will be no accident in the future.

Opinion : I hear many news of car accidents everyday. In this morning, I watched a sad news about that a bus with high school students on field trip was overturned on TV. I do not know whether the accident was the driver's fault or not, but I think that they might be safer, if the bus might have had the devices. The technology looks very useful and pragmatic. However, it is still developing, so it is not available right now. Therefore, it needs more efforts and time to be popular.

Prediction : Nevertheless, the technology will become popular within 2~3 years, but the price of the injury-proof car might be very high. However, the price will be reduced because of the government's efforts. In the near future, the number of car-accidents may decease by using that kind of tech, but the true that we must not forget is our own effort to keep traffic regulations and safty first in our mind.
avatar
Kim Hyunjin
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 35
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

On the 2nd video news

Post  kim young-ah on Thu May 08 2008, 13:35

summary: First of all, like you, I was very shocked, too. Anyway.....
The 73-year-old man imprisoned and raped his daugher for 24 years. And he left the daugher and her three more children(19-year-old boy and girl, and 5-year-old child: the two children were adopted) in the underground cellar. The freezer and the washing machine could make their life possible for several weeks. For the time being, the cruel father enjoyed his life with his male friends, getting the sunshine in Thailand.
Now, the investigation team has much work to do and the daughter is in hospital. Also the horror father is in prison. And it will take a long time for the children to get better.

My opinion is that the cruel father is not a father but a beast. How could do that? Maybe his childhood was not normal. But if he couln't live normally and happily, he should take care of his children including his grandchildren....at least well. He must be crazy as well as cruel. In the future, the children's mind won't get better easily. Maybe they will suffer from the pain until they die. How poor they are!!!ㅠㅠ
avatar
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-03-13
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Drive to produce injury-proof car

Post  Ji Young, Kim on Thu May 08 2008, 13:48

This news article mainly talks about the efforts and ambitions of the car industry to develop smarter cars which can avoid crashes better and produce safer cars which can minimize the impacts on those inside if collision becomes unavoidable. According to the report, every year car crashes worldwide kill around 1.2 million people and injure 50 million more. That's why car makers like Volvo are trying to work out how to unite mechanical, electronic and human elements in driving in a single, safe environment.




I'm of the opinion that I definitely welcome all those efforts of the car industry to promote safe environment for driving and we should be thankful to all the experts who are trying to realize the dream of producing "injury-proof" car. Now we can't imagine a day without cars, so driving safety is very important. As a driver myself, I had a few car accidents. Fortunately I never hurt myself seriously, but I damaged my not-that-old-car a few times. That's why I have to pay a quite big amount money for car insurance fee every year. -.-;; However, if a safer car comes out in the market like the one by Volvo mentioned in the report whose sensors sound alarm in drowsiness, it will help a lot drivers like me to avoid car accidents.




My prediction is that in order to sell more cars, car makers will compete to produce safer cars than others, so they will invest more money on high technology. And thanks to the efforts of the car industry, in near future we will be able to have "dream cars" which can automatically avoid any kinds of crashes like the ones you can see in the movie, "Minority Report." It sounds very exciting, isn't it??!!
avatar
Ji Young, Kim
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 46
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The 1st news carticle

Post  Lee Hye Jin on Fri May 09 2008, 08:41

Summary
The Swedish are trying to develop injury-proof automobiles. They want to make the world have no more car accidnet in the future. Every year 1.2 million people killed and 15 million are injured by car accident. So they are working on some brilliant cars. With a giant bumper arount the car, it minimizes the impact on those who are inside. Also they are thinking about uncrashable cars with electronic brain that makes the collision is avoidable.

Prediction
Not only the Swedish but every driver in the world will be happy about the news. This is kind of the exact solution for the problems all the drivers have had. Once it is develped and on the market, all the cars will be replaced to the newly invented injury-proof cars.
So the real casualty will be decrease.

Opinion
I think this is very great news. I've always imagined the car that has electronic bain making drivers and pedestrians safe. No one want to have a car accident. I actually think it's a little bit late to invent this kind of cars. We've seen them in the movies or in the TV series. It could have been invented long bofore.
I hope it will be on the market sopn that no body will be the victim of the car accident.
avatar
Lee Hye Jin
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 64
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum