Video news assignment for May 1st

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

the second video

Post  Kyeong-im on Tue May 06 2008, 07:28

summary : A 73 years old father is now behind bars. That's why he deprive daughter and 3 children of freedom for 24 years. He makes daughter to wite a letter to mother that she could no longer cover them. Because of freezer and washing mashine they can survive. Few people know this. like puzzle... The investigation team still has much work to do.

opinion : I'm of opinion that it's impossible to believe this. Is he a father? I really want to know the reasons though they say there's no reason. Unfortunately, nowadays I hear many tragic events which happen in families such as children killing their parents, parents who doing violence to children, brother who raping sister, etc. It's very sad and pity.

prediction : My prediction is that they investigate this throughly and make certain and strict rules about family crime not to happen again. This crime is the worst thing in the world. However, it's impossible, I think, to live ignoring this FATHER. The daughter may take care of him in the future. Blood is thicker than water. Right?
Kyeong-im
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

2nd Vedio

Post  Lee Pilsu on Tue May 06 2008, 08:02

Summary: The news is about a 73-year-old father who had held his daughter a prisoner at home and made her pregnant several times, giving births to three children, who also had to live as captives for many years. The man reportedly kept his daughter locked in a room and moved her location to basement as she produced their children. The police is determined to investigate the horrible and shocking crime thoroughly. Currently the daughter is receiving medical treatment in hospital while the father is in jailed. (I couldn't catch who wrote the letter and how it was able to be sent to the police.)

Opinion: I think the old man has a severe mental problem as he pretended he was a normal person among friends, and a monster at home torturing his children for 24 years. But I wonder how he was able to control the "prisoners" at home for such a long time. The prisoners could have resisted against him and escaped from him and the house. Maybe they had tried but failed because he must have locked all the windows and doors to prevent them from getting out and threatened them with some tools. More powerfully, he could have overpowered and controlled their minds, defeating them psychologically, so that the victims would just give up the thought of escaping. Well, it's just my imagination. The police will find out more. At any rate, I feel very sorry to his daughter and her children who had to live as a prisoner and without freedom for such a long time. The father almost destroyed their lives.

Prediction: It will take many years for the daughter and the children to recover from the nightmare they experienced. It's possible that they will never forget and forgive what the father had done to them because the emotional scar, or trauma, is so deep. However, their scar will be healed as more and more good and caring people who have listened to the news take pity and give a helping hand to them. And the father who is in jail will be suffering from the confusion of his identity that he had maintained divided into good and evil successfully for several decades. In the end, he will go crazy and even crazier the moment he faces death seeing himself in everlasting fire.

Last edited by Lee Pilsu on Tue May 06 2008, 08:05; edited 1 time in total
Lee Pilsu
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

the third video

Post  Kyeong-im on Tue May 06 2008, 08:04

summary : Some challenge the common idea that hi-tech separate people and put them in their own spaces. Using big and clear screen(TV) they bring people bace together. Thier system is degined to respond body movement so no play controls are needed. This kind of game is not yet on the market but Hilton hotel tries to introduce this system. It also makes possible to learn more how people live in the world using high-technology. This provides new ways to have fun together.

opinion : It's a good idea to use big screen and develop eash machine. As technology is developed it's true that the old can't use it because of complication. However, compared with DDR or other easy machine in amusement room, I wonder how many people will enjoy this one.

prediction : There're a lot of people and so are characteristics and interests. To bring all family member together, it's necessary to wide its content from preschooler to the senior to handicapped people. Besides, it's better if this machine protect us from electromagnetic waves. Then it will be used widely.
Kyeong-im
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

the 1st one : Drive to produce injury-proof car

Post  Han Kyoung Jae on Tue May 06 2008, 12:12

summary - In Sweden, the car company makes a great effort to reduce the rate of car accidents. They conducted a test to improve the safety of cars and protect both of the car and driver in case the car accidents. But their main goal is that the car accidents don't happen any more. So they invented the great device called 'giant bumper' which has a sensor to perceive the danger. For instance, if the driver falls into a doze and doesn't see the object or cars in front of him, the giant bumper is aware that and makes the car stopped by some electronic devices. The people engaged in that test are still making effort to save our lives against the car accidents now.

opinion - I'm of the opinion that the device may play an important role in our daily life. Now many people around the world lost their precious lives and their loved poeple's lives because of the terrible car accidents. In addition, even if they saved their lives, they might live a terrible and as a disabled person. So this effort which many people made for all of us may make the world safer place to live in. Also, we don't need to lose the valuable lives of our loved people any more by sudden and unexpected accidents.

prediction - My prediction is that if we can use the cars which have special devices for our safety, we don't have to suffer from the car accident any more. But I think there might be also side effects. Now there is a strict forbidden law for the drunken driving. However if the special cars are used for the people, they may think that the drunken driving is not dangerous any longer, because of the special cars. And they may think even though I drive the car after drinking, the car may protect me and I can save my life. Then we may need another ridiculous law for those people.The car is an automatic car???? Absolutely not. So we must not completely depend on the machine and care for our life for ourselves.

Last edited by Han Kyoung Jae on Wed May 07 2008, 09:59; edited 1 time in total
Han Kyoung Jae
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

2nd Video: Horror father's double life

Post  Oksun on Tue May 06 2008, 13:14

Summary: A 73-year-old man, Fritzl kept his daughter and her three children imprisoned for 24 years. He rebuilt a prison in his house for his daughter and extension to underground cellar for her children. More details about the old guy's double life emerged. Police say he took a holiday to Thailand with his male friends and there enjoyed fresh food and sunshine he had deprived children of for 24years. There were a freezer and washing machine that precisely made it possible for people to live there for several weeks. No one really knew what was going on inside. There were three children -19-year-old boy, 19-year-old girl, and the youngest five-year-old boy, who were adopted by Fritzl and his wife after he forced their mother to write a letter saying she could no longer cope with them.Police presumed that the story they were told was true. The investigation team still have much work to do. With his daughter hospitalized, the horror father is behind bars.

Opinion: I'm of the opinion that it's mentally -disordered people like this old guy that cause troubles. He is" a beast with a human face".How could that happen? Couldn't believe it! The mentally disordered people are required to have intensive checkups.This news raised a sort of widespread alarm with child-abuses by its real parents. To my sadness, the problem is that "a seemingly normal "man commits crimes with no one recognizing.

Prediction: This horror father will be punished severly like life-imprisonment so that it could be a good example in handling criminals. Austrian government should take an action for the innocent victims to go back to their normal life with thier minds cured.

Last edited by Oksun on Tue May 06 2008, 19:27; edited 2 times in total
Oksun
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can Hi-Tech bring families closer?

Post  inmyheart479 on Tue May 06 2008, 18:17

Summary: Some tech companies are working on providing new ways for families to have quality time all together.

Opinion: Nobody can predict how further high technology will stretch out in the future. When I was aged aroubd 10 or so, little did I drem that we could talk to each other on the move by means of hand held devices like cellur phones or pda. Something that seems unlikely to happen appears just in front of us while we are wishing. The other day, I watched the Wii advetised on CNN and felt like buying it on the sput of the moment.

Prediction: Playing video games is not welcomed by parents but the situation might be changed if they find out how much hi-tech can foster the integration among families. Once the bring-families-closer high technology is getting into the market with a successful marketing strategy, it will become one of the necessities for families to have fun together.
inmyheart479
Flyer
Flyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Great idea!

Post  Hyo-Jin Kim on Wed May 07 2008, 05:53

I was pleased with reading your thoughts. Very Happy
It seems that you have a good point to make a relation between public transportation and the car introduced from the news. Honestly, a lot of public transportations do not guarantee their safety and they sometimes cause serious accidents, which have a great number of people injured or even dead at the same time. It doesn't only bring such a big sorrow to many families, but let them suffer from the hurt for long. Therefore, this kind of car should be really welcomed as long as there is a possiblility to make it working sooner or later because it will save plenty of lives.

Kim Jin-Young wrote:summary : Swedish car giant Volvo sets a target to eliminate death and injury in its vehicles by 2020. Car safety expert says that it is partly possible when special bumpers as well as other special devices are applied around occupants. Detailed specifications are not revealed though, cutting edge technology will make a great contribution toward avoidance of drunken or drowsy driving.

opinions : The fortified plans as for car safety have been considered for a long time. Accidents involving cars, trains, or plains might give passengers a fatal wound, or even death. These kinds of public transportations should be taken good care of because accidents arise from carelessness and cause many unexpected casualties, which gives people a feeling of insecurity in using public transportation. In this aspect, I think that the efforts to take an drastic action should be kept up and supported.

prediction : The critical aim is to reduce the number of car crashing accidents, as its car company said. I think that it would be an astonishing chances to sell its company cars if this project comes true in the near future. I hope that the day will come when no accidents happen in relation to public transportation.
Hyo-Jin Kim
Flyer
Flyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  billy on Wed May 07 2008, 08:43

On the 1st Video Clip

Summary: Volvo, a Swedish car marker, has a long-term goal to produce cars with zero casualties or accidents. It also tries to minimize the impact on the driver and passengers when the accident is unavoidable. Volvo, offering already a special ignition switch that can sense whether the driver is drunken and send sound alarm when he or she is drowsy, is faced with the task of uniting the mechanical, electronic and human elements of driving in a single safe environment.

Opinion: As a private car driver, I underwent three minor car accidents in the past. One of them was my fault and the other two were not mine. Watching this video, I was a bit surprised to hear that every year around 1.2 million people die and more than 50 million people get injured from car accidents. I thought Volvo should invent those accidents-free cars as soon as possible to save precious lives in the world.

Prediction: One of the best inventions man made is an automobile. However, like other human inventions, it also has a harmful side-effect: casualties in the car accidents. My prediction is that Volvo, a Swedish car maker, or other world-famous car markers including GM, Toyota, or Hyundai will be able to invent a new car which will reduce the accident rate on the highway to almost zero, excluding the minor fender-bender accidents that may happen in the alley.
billy
Flyer
Flyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bae Sung-han on Wed May 07 2008, 09:31

I know what you mean that killed anmimals are on traffic roads. It seems to me to feel uncomfortable whenever I see them dead or rather I feel disgusting. I know it is very diffcult to escape them from hitting annimals which come up suddenly. Whenever I drive, I am a bit worried because even if I am carefully drving on the roads, accidents will be happened to me by other drivers. Apparently that is not my fault. However, I might be hurt by the helpless drivers. Almost two years ago, after honeymoon, I and my wife were going to E-Mart to get something. On my way there, all of sudden a car hit my car. We didn't get any injuries from the accident but our feelings were hurt. It was the most terrible experience in our lives and we hope you will not get any kind of this for the rest of the time.
Hopefully, we no longer remember anything and after that my wife was preganant. Now we have a daughter who is so much giving happiness to us. We are so lucky to have her!

Lee Pilsu wrote:Summary: The car company in Sweden is striving to eliminate car accidents that take away 1.2 million people's lives and leave another 50 million injured worldwide. They are trying to develop a giant bumper that surrounds the people in the car the moment car accidents occur. However, the ultimate goal is to make no car accidents at all. What they called 'uncrushable cars' has various preventive functions that make the car unoperatable if the driver is drunk and send out a sound alarm in case the driver is drowsy.

Opinion: Whenever I hear of car accidents, it makes me creepy and scared. If it is just fender-bender accidents, it's not a big deal. However, in case of car-crash accidents many people get wounded severely and even killed. In Korea, hundreds of thousands people lose their lives and suffer from injuries due to car accidents. If the safety devices protecting the people in the car and preventing the accidents should be developed in the future, people will not lose their precious lives on the road because of car accidents. That's a great news for taxi drivers, bus drivers, and truck drivers, who have to spend most of their time driving on the road everyday.

Prediction: I'm optimistic about the possibility of the automobile company making such devices as prevent the car accidents from happening. By 2020, the percentage of people who get injured or killed due to the accidents will be much lower than now. Also, they will develop devices that make the car stop before hitting any small animals such as pigeons, cats, and dogs that lose their lives from the traffics on the road.
Bae Sung-han
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bae Sung-han on Wed May 07 2008, 09:44

I agree with 100 % on your opinion.
It actually reminds me of the movie, called " identity."
As you see the movie, the story is a bit strange. Some time later, you will know what's going on.
One man has a multiple of characters which is not normal to average persons becasue it is kind of difficult to have them altogether. And in the movie, I don't know if he would willingly change his identities, but as he is changed, his voice and character are also changed. The problem is, however, that he has a murderer's identity who kills other people.
And the movie doesn't give any reason why he has it.
We just imagine that he might have been brought up by horrible parents.

"No reason for this"
"I just want to do this."
Extremely frightening to me.
I sometimes, whenever hearing the news from mess media, think it over whether I would have another baby or not. I am not sure about that.

bakbann wrote:Summary
A 73 year old father, named Josef Fritzl, is charged with rape and confinement of his own daughter in Austria. He has imprisoned and raped his daughter, Elisabeth, for 24 years. Three of his children, or grandchildren, from Elisabeth were also locked up with her in the secret dungeon in his house. Other three were adopted by him and his wife, and one was dead. This man, so-called "horror father", is now behind bars.

Opinion
I am of the opinion that complicated and rapid changing society is producing terrible criminals who have mental disorder. In the past, criminal purposes were rather simple. Criminal psychologists could find out their purposes and read their minds without much difficulty. However, now, in this complex society, criminal minds are incomprehensible at all. They are way more cruel and insane. Take Fritzl who is definitely a psychopath. He couldn't have committed such an awful crime unless he had been out of his mind. There are many other crazy criminals. Few days ago, a man in Korea killed a random girl in the street with no particular reason and what is worse this is not uncommon worldwide. Therefore, I think more criminals have serious mental problems in this confused society.

Prediction
My prediction is that these lunatic criminals will increase even more. Society is getting complicated, changing, individualized at the highest rate, which remains psycho criminals. Moreover, being overexposed to violence, people see the violence as senseless these days. Criminal psychology points out that all of these environmental factors drive criminals to the extreme. Thus, more and more criminals will be insane, absolutely not understandable and unexplainable by any words.
Bae Sung-han
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

the 2nd one : Horror father's double life

Post  Han Kyoung Jae on Wed May 07 2008, 09:58

summary - There's a horror father who has a double-life in the underground in Austria. he had kept his daughter underground secret cellar for 24 years. Even he has other 7 children with his daughter and made the daughter write a letter to her mother for adopting her 3 children among them. Now the horror father is in prison and the children are in a hospital. The investigators keep on searching to find out why the man did like that.

opinion - I'm of the opinion that he is really cruel and inhuman. How he could kidnap and keep his own daughter underground for 24 years? Does it really make sense? I seriously feel hatred that kind person. Perhaps he may have mental problem in his mind. And I totally understand the neighbor's feeling who had interview. I also feel frightened if I live with that kind person. Furthermore we even don't know about other people living the neighborhood. So it makes me feel scared that there may be inhuman people living around us. Nowadays we think individualism is getting more important and we don't like other people to interfere in our private matters. I think that makes much more opportunities to break out those frightening incidents. WHy don't we get interested in other people around us and make the world a peaceful place to live together.

prediction - My prediction is that the trend of mutual distrust may be much more prevalent. The father kidnapped and kept his own daughter underground for 24 years. Then how could we trust one another? In addition, there may be more unmarried people because they may think they can't believe the partner of their life sincerely. And we may spend more time in the private places due to the horrible incidents than before.
Han Kyoung Jae
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

3rd video:"Can High-tech bring families closer?"

Post  Oksun on Wed May 07 2008, 10:08

Summary: Parents tend to worry if they buy a computer or video games for their children, family ties would suffer. However, a high-tech company asserts the opposite. Samsung is working with reactive system to create Nintendo Wii-like interacting technology for big screen TVs. Their system is designed to respond to body movement. This game is not yet on the market, but Hilton Hotel plans to introduce this system. Panasonic get started a program called "living in High-Definition ". New high-tech gives families a new reason to spend time and have fun together.
Opinion: I'm of the opinion that high-tech gadgets have been accelerating indiviualism trend. I'm not sure of high-tech providing a new way to have quality time with family, even if children are crazy about new high-tech things like Nitendo or interactive,virtual devices.
Prediction: Anyhow, this new program will draw people's -especially children's attention and will be a big hit. Youngsters are hooked on high-tech gadgets so it will be welcomed by them.

Oksun
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oksun on Wed May 07 2008, 10:21

Kim Jin-Young wrote:summary : Some tech companies make it sure that hi-tech devices are helpful to bring family together. There are high-definition TV, big screen TV, Nintendo and so on. The previous technology contributes to the separation of individuals, but some companies emphasize the opposite side.

opinion : Various devices have been released at every second. Things like computers or TV which is common at home make all members of family behave respectively. In other words, we don't feel the necessity of talking with each other. I'm of the opinion that advanced devices highly encourage members to get closer by playing games in virtual reality. However, I also think that these kinds of devices can be distributed to the rich due to the relatively high price.

prediction : My prediction is that it will took time for many people to take advantage of these hi tech devices. As a good exemplary case, some of commercial companies will make the most of them in order to attract people's attention. It is also likely that its benefits are only restricted to those who can afford to but it. However, I have no doubt that family will spend great time at home, not going out to the distant suburbs.

I nodded my head to see your prediction that it would take time people to get used to these hi-tech devices. As for me, I'm not technology-oriented person so I definitely need time to get used to taking advantage of them. Actually, I don't see why people are crazy about those virtual games .However, there is no accounting for taste.
Oksun
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

the 3rd one : Can Hi-Tech bring families closer?

Post  Han Kyoung Jae on Wed May 07 2008, 10:35

summary - So far technological machinery has a negative effect on the family unit but some people who make hi- technological devices insist that they can have a great positive effect on the family who want to spend much more time together. Many industries such as samsung, panasonic, show their new hi-technological gadgets to bring family closer.

opinion - I think everything in the world has both positive and negative effects at the same time. And so far we admire the new technological devices at the beginning but some time later we just focused on the negative effects of the technological devices. However the most important thing is how we can take advantages of the devices. If we develop the positive points of the devices, we can enjoy them much more and take more benefits than now. In order to have a great time with family by using hi-tech, above all parents shoul not concentrate on their jobs but care about their children and make some time to enjoy the hi-tech all together.

prediction - A few days ago it was a children's day in Korea. And I noticed many parents just bought their children some game machines. What all of the children around the world want most is the time with their parents i think. My prediction is that if all the people can take benefits by using the hi-tech gadgets, the industries of that field may also get benefits and the result can give the unemployed more chances to work. Then the result may give the happiness all the families around the world. Moreover, if the children can have time with their parents, they can free from terrible accidents such as copycat crimes, child prostitution, child abuse and mental problems caused by violent computer games.
Han Kyoung Jae
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

3rd Vedio

Post  Lee Pilsu on Wed May 07 2008, 11:20

Summary: People say technology is harmful in uniting family members because each individual spends time alone, separated from other family members, using such devices as a computer or a cell phone. However, the newly developed technology perhaps work the opposite: it can bring family together and spend time together. For example, Guitar Hero is a music game on the TV screen in which family members can play the music together with the different instruments of their choice. Another technology introduced to bond family relationship is a punch game on the TV screen in which you and your partner standing a few feet from the screen and throw punches in the air and the animated characters on the screen will react to your punches. These are new inventions designed to bring family closer together.

Opinion: It might be fun to play the music together watching the TV screen. But I don't like the punch game, to be honest, because I feel like I will be bored if I do it just three or four days. Generally I am rather skeptical on how long the positive effect the technology creates can last. Surely people will laugh and dance for a couple of hours. But what will happen after that? I think they will be so tired out that they want to take a rest or nap without talking so much among them. I think what they really need in order to have a bond among family members, they need to talk and have a conversation on certain topics.

Prediction: In a few years' time the machines will be popular in many countries including Korea. Many people will buy the machines in the hope of uniting family members together or because their children want to try them. But I predict those who purchased the machines will use it for about a year and store them in the basement or attic with dust piling up on them because people will get tired of them easily. Am I too negative on this new technology?
Lee Pilsu
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1) Injury-proof Car

Post  Park, Saang-yung on Wed May 07 2008, 12:27

summary : Volvo, Swedish Car company have had car crash tests as you see the above video clip. Their long term ambition is no accident with vehicles in the future. Car crashes worldwidely cause about 1.2 million people killed and 50 millions injured in a year. Volvo's experiment is aiming at "uncrashable cars" and the safety experts and safety campaign doesn't stop to develop there: Some sensor or electronic brain will maintain the distance from the bumper of the front car and send a sound alarm against drowsiness and drunken drivers, including recognizing human elements in car crash.

Opinion : I like the challenge for no car accidents. The Giant Bumper will be more helpful than air bags and current safety devices. I really wish that Volvo and other companies could make much safer cars in the future.

Prediction : Nowadays we consider car accidents as common things. In 20 years(?) we will see a revolution in SAFETY TECHNOLOGY in all industrial products, needless to say car safety. I hope so...^^
Park, Saang-yung
Mover
Mover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

2nd Video

Post  Park, Saang-yung on Wed May 07 2008, 13:22

2) Horror Father (2nd Video)

summary

George Fritzel(?), 73 year old father was arrested because he has imprisoned his daughter in a private cellar for 24 years. The daughter was found in the underground extension cellar with her children: 19 year old boy, 19 year old girl, and 5 year old boy. other middle children were adopted by the Horror Father, Fritzel and his wife( stepmother for his daughter). The cruel father enjoyed the sunshine in Thailand even while the children (or grand children) lived there sunshine-off.

Opinion : He is a devil! This story is totally incredible. I wish we couldn't hear this kind of news again.

Prediction : He should be sentenced to death. The brutal man really deserves his execution. The nation, (Austria?) should take good care of the poor daughter and her children. Human societies have to try exellent ways to expel these cruel, absurd and merciless private lives.
Park, Saang-yung
Mover
Mover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Park, Saang-yung on Wed May 07 2008, 13:46

I have read your response all the time. What does it mean, "Bakbann"? 백반? interestin nickname^^ have a nice day!

bakbann wrote:Summary
A 73 year old father, named Josef Fritzl, is charged with rape and confinement of his own daughter in Austria. He has imprisoned and raped his daughter, Elisabeth, for 24 years. Three of his children, or grandchildren, from Elisabeth were also locked up with her in the secret dungeon in his house. Other three were adopted by him and his wife, and one was dead. This man, so-called "horror father", is now behind bars.
When I reply to my classmates, can't i remove my previous statement? It's real bothersome. Anyway, Your summary is good...

Opinion
I am of the opinion that complicated and rapid changing society is producing terrible criminals who have mental disorder. In the past, criminal purposes were rather simple. Criminal psychologists could find out their purposes and read their minds without much difficulty. However, now, in this complex society, criminal minds are incomprehensible at all. They are way more cruel and insane. Take Fritzl who is definitely a psychopath. He couldn't have committed such an awful crime unless he had been out of his mind. There are many other crazy criminals. Few days ago, a man in Korea killed a random girl in the street with no particular reason and what is worse this is not uncommon worldwide. Therefore, I think more criminals have serious mental problems in this confused society.

Prediction
My prediction is that these lunatic criminals will increase even more. Society is getting complicated, changing, individualized at the highest rate, which remains psycho criminals. Moreover, being overexposed to violence, people see the violence as senseless these days. Criminal psychology points out that all of these environmental factors drive criminals to the extreme. Thus, more and more criminals will be insane, absolutely not understandable and unexplainable by any words.
Park, Saang-yung
Mover
Mover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

3) video 3

Post  Park, Saang-yung on Wed May 07 2008, 14:47

3) The 3rd Video

Usually, Hi technology separated people and family with PC, internet, and TV. Now some companies such as Samsung and Panasonic are trying to be the opposite. Some video games with big screen can provide more fun to all the family members and bring people together. Panasonic experience with High Definition (HD) TV will show you how people live Hi Tech.

Opinion : Truly, I don't like video games. electronic companies will try every way to attract people to sell the products. But in my case, I would rather take a walk with my children and wife. I hate Hi-Tech convenience because it will give Hi-Tech nuisance equally.

Prediction : This video looks like another commercial. The companies have to invent other fresh hi tech devices if they want to go bankrupt... The devices are not new and original...(@@ My opinion is too cruel to the inventors....)
Park, Saang-yung
Mover
Mover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1st video

Post  Boyun Park on Wed May 07 2008, 17:10

Summary : Many people are killed and injured in car accidents all over the world. One car company in Sweden is trying out a tough challenge to eliminate numbers of car accidents with special car devices developed. Having no car accidents in the future is their goal.

Opinion : I'm of the opinion that this devices developed by the company will be a big hit and especially in Korea where the traffic is pretty bad. People in car crashes get wounded very seriously and sometimes have tragic ends. I believe this car devices could hinder many accidents in case of dangerous situations such as drowsy or drunk driving. I hope we could save many valuable lives with such developments.

Prediction : My prediction is that the company will succeed in developing all those devices in near future. Seeing their accomplishments, other car companies will also try to come up with new technologies to eliminate car crashes and accidents. Eventually this will prevent many car accidents and the numbers of people being injured.
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

2nd video

Post  Boyun Park on Wed May 07 2008, 18:11

Summary : 73-year old man's double life! He imprisoned his daughter and her children in underground cellar for 24 years while he enjoyed going abroad to travel. The man is now arrested and the investigation is still ongoing.

Opinion : I'm of the opinion that this horrible man should be punished very much! I couldn't believe my ears at first when I heard the news on TV. This man ruined all his children's lives and also shocked so many people over the world with such a inhuman crime. I surely hope nothing like this will ever occur again.

Prediction : My prediction is that the man will be sentenced to death and this crime will be talked about for quite long time. His daughter and children will be treated well after long harassment and find freedom at last.
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

3rd video

Post  Boyun Park on Wed May 07 2008, 19:22

Summary : Some people tend to think hi-technology separates family and hinders them from spending time together. However, there's a positive side of this hi-technology. Companies present new games and instruments that all family can play. It will not only bring family together but also let them have fun and enjoy their time.

Opinion : I'm of the opinion that this new hi-technology will be a way for future families to get together for entertainment. People are busy and living in time where there aren't many spare time left for family gatherings. These games, HDTV, and etc will bring them together to share time and have some conversation. I personally thought the punching game with animated picture on screen(it was a Panda?)looked very fun and can't wait till it's on the market. Hope it won't be too expensive!!

Prediction : My prediction is that more companies will develop and produce hi-technology games and instruments that whole family members can enjoy. This could become a new trend of family gatherings. However, the cost of these hi-tech will be high at first that not so many people can afford to buy them. The price might drop eventually after some years.
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

horror father's double life

Post  bobosbong on Wed May 07 2008, 19:32

summary
An Austrailian Joseph...had kept his daughter in the cellar for about 20 years and fathered quite many children from her. Being discovered by the police, he's in jail now and the eldest daughter is being hospitalized.

opinion
It's really horrible and heartbreaking. I can't understand how a father can commit such a felony. He must be a devil if he isn't mentally insane. I came to know the fact from the other news article that he ran a restaurant or something, which means he lives a life of a normal person, being only sexually disordered. I think this makes him far more unforgiven in that he must know he's wrong morally and socially. While working in a store, he must have felt guilty about his misdeed. He could've been forgiven if he had repented earlier but he took away 20 years of one women's life and left an uncurable scar in her heart. If there's hell, it's where he belongs to! and if I could I would anguish his soul forever.

prediction
The Austrailian government will have a hard time dealing with this case. Whether he's sentenced to death or life imprisonment, all the eyes of the world will focus on the case because this is such a shocking news and it doesn't match the image of a peaceful tourist country.

Last edited by bobosbong on Wed May 07 2008, 20:36; edited 1 time in total
bobosbong
Flyer
Flyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

the first report

Post  Joo Un-jin on Wed May 07 2008, 20:02

Drive to produce injury-proof car

summary: Every year car crashes worldwide kill more than 1.2million people and injure 50 million people. Several efforts are being made to reduce car accidents by car makers. They use mechanical electronic human elements of driving. For example Volvo put switches for sound alarm in case of drivers' drowsiness.

opinion: I'm of the opinion that it is very hopeful. Too many people are killed or injured by car accidents. Although cars are really useful, sometimes they can do damage to us. Everything has pros and cons. It is good to supplement the damage by the help of high technology. Car makers have to try harder to improve technology on safety. But we have to be careful more. We must not too rely on the technology. The help of the technology must be the second. The first thing we have to do is to be cautious when driving.

prediction: The developed technology will help reduce the car accidents absolutely. In accordance with it, the price of cars will soar. It may be too far, but something occurred to me. The rich people afford to buy safer cars which protect them from car accidents, but the poor don't. So the rich are likely to have less accidents.

Anyway, going back to the point, there will not be no car accidents. People may rely too much on the safety devices of the cars, so they can be loose. They are not careful. And there can be another kinds of accidents due to the new technology. For example, there are some cases that people are stifled by air bags and die although the are not common. We must not be overcredulous on new technology.
Joo Un-jin
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

the second report

Post  Joo Un-jin on Wed May 07 2008, 20:03

“Horror father's" double life

summary: A 73-year-old father lived a double life having imprisoned his children in a room and a cellar. But he enjoyed a happy life with delicious foods and beautiful sunshine. He put a fridge, a freezer and a washing machine for people to live for several weeks. No one knew his crazy behavior which made people shocked. His first daughter is in hospital and he is in prison now.

opinion: I can't understand him. How can a father imprison his children? In the world, there are so many people for people not to understand. They seem to have no moral norms and not to know what is right or wrong. I have to conclude that he is crazy. Normal people can't do such a cruel thing. There are even people who adopt children and raise them well with heartful love. Moreover some people care for a pet as they do to their children. He has to be punished strongly. But before that, he has to be diagnosed by a psychiatrist and we have to know what led him to such a cruel behavior. His poor children's mental and physical illness by their cruel father must be cured. Then a good social nursery must care for them or they can be adopted to new families.

prediction: He will be punished strongly. During that, he will counsel with a psychiatrist. The government will try to cure his mental illness and not to make this kind of crime happen again. It may take so long to treat his children's mental illness and make them adjust to society. Most of the medias will cover this shocking news. It may be a gossip to some people. But absolutely more and more people will pay attention to children's welfare.
Joo Un-jin
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next