Video news assignment for May 1st

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

I agree with your opinion

Post  Lee Pilsu on Sat May 10 2008, 07:54

Jung Yoojin wrote:First video on safty cars.

Summary :
There are lots of car accidents and people keep trying to develop a single safty car continuously. They found giant bumper to keep safe when they got the accident and following that they keep trying to invent human electronic brain which can defect accident dangers. Those cars can make sounds in case of drowsy driving and drunken drivings. Cars' technology are developping incessantly to keep people safe.

Opinion :
I am the opinion of that if those cars are invented , they can save lots of people who are exposed by car accidents. I was surprised that electronical human brain can operate cars by themselves. It sounds great~! I think after producing those cars, many people especially for old generation who can hardly operate cars well really eager to buy them. And the car accient rate would be decreased somehow. Because even people can make misoperations while they are driviing but censors can help to keep them safe. But it sounds there would be lots of investing costs. I hope this endeavor could be realized.

Prediction :
Firstly those cars could be very expensive at the first time. As time goes by, those products become popular for the general, then many people would buy them. The car accidental rate started to decrease sharply, and human brain censors become widespread all over the world. However, some car companys which sell only manual ones fall into bankrupt. In near future, conglomeratic car company introduces newly invented human computer operated cars which can be drived by computer censors.


Though reading my one, it seems clumsy writing haha.

I agree that the prices for such cars would be very high in the beginning because there are plenty of excellent equiptment installed in the cars. However, as time goes along, the prices will get lower. I wish I have one in the future. No accidents at all and safe driving for all the people on the road.
avatar
Lee Pilsu
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 58
Join date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reply to Kyung-im

Post  Lee Pilsu on Sat May 10 2008, 08:35

Kyeong-im wrote:summary : Crash test in Sweden takes 2 weeks to set up and it's over very quickly. Their goal is to reduce car accidents by 2020. Although it's common target to do that it is "no accident in the future" that they really want to have. Every year 1.2 million people are killed and more 50 million people are injured. The giant bumper around occupant is used. Also, when the driver is drunk or drowsy the sense sound the alarm.

opinion : I think it's very useful. As you see the news, there're a lot of people who are killed or injured because of car accidents. It may due to careless driving. Sometimes they feel tired, drowsy, or drunk as well as they are in a hurry. When the driving is out of control or they can't notice obstacle, this kind of car/machine is effective.

prediction : My prediction is that it is going to be used widely. It's one way to reduce the rate of car accidents and to protect people. The less car accidents happen the less those who suffer from them are there. I just hope that they suggest reasonable price so that we can afford to buy it.

As you said, "When the driving is out of control and they can't notice obstacle...", many unpredictable things can happen if you are driving. A few weeks ago, my sister-in-law's family and my family got together and went on a picnic. When we were on our way back home, we saw a car crossing the yellow line and moving towards us fast. The car could have crashed us head-on if my brother hadn't honked the horn several times and awakened the driver opposite. We all sighed a relief to avoid car accident. I wish the futuristic car is developed in the near future with a reasonable price.
avatar
Lee Pilsu
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 58
Join date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

An Outstanding Summary, Opinion, and Prediction!!

Post  Lee Pilsu on Sat May 10 2008, 08:45

Han Kyoung Jae wrote:summary - In Sweden, the car company makes a great effort to reduce the rate of car accidents. They conducted a test to improve the safety of cars and protect both of the car and driver in case the car accidents. But their main goal is that the car accidents don't happen any more. So they invented the great device called 'giant bumper' which has a sensor to perceive the danger. For instance, if the driver falls into a doze and doesn't see the object or cars in front of him, the giant bumper is aware that and makes the car stopped by some electronic devices. The people engaged in that test are still making effort to save our lives against the car accidents now.

opinion - I'm of the opinion that the device may play an important role in our daily life. Now many people around the world lost their precious lives and their loved poeple's lives because of the terrible car accidents. In addition, even if they saved their lives, they might live a terrible and as a disabled person. So this effort which many people made for all of us may make the world safer place to live in. Also, we don't need to lose the valuable lives of our loved people any more by sudden and unexpected accidents.

prediction - My prediction is that if we can use the cars which have special devices for our safety, we don't have to suffer from the car accident any more. But I think there might be also side effects. Now there is a strict forbidden law for the drunken driving. However if the special cars are used for the people, they may think that the drunken driving is not dangerous any longer, because of the special cars. And they may think even though I drive the car after drinking, the car may protect me and I can save my life. Then we may need another ridiculous law for those people.The car is an automatic car???? Absolutely not. So we must not completely depend on the machine and care for our life for ourselves.

I think your summary, opinion, and prediction, all these are very excellent. Your summary contained good detail information. I agree with your opinion that people who got a car accident, if alive, they have to live their rest of life suffering from the injuries. Your prediction is also interesting in that if the uncrushable car should be develop in the future, everybody will not care about safe driving, some might drink and drive, and neglect traffic law, etc. As you said, there could be some side effects on it.
avatar
Lee Pilsu
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 58
Join date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Yeah, he is a public enemy.

Post  Lee Pilsu on Sat May 10 2008, 08:52

Park, Saang-yung wrote:2) Horror Father (2nd Video)

summary

George Fritzel(?), 73 year old father was arrested because he has imprisoned his daughter in a private cellar for 24 years. The daughter was found in the underground extension cellar with her children: 19 year old boy, 19 year old girl, and 5 year old boy. other middle children were adopted by the Horror Father, Fritzel and his wife( stepmother for his daughter). The cruel father enjoyed the sunshine in Thailand even while the children (or grand children) lived there sunshine-off.



Opinion : He is a devil! This story is totally incredible. I wish we couldn't hear this kind of news again.




Prediction : He should be sentenced to death. The brutal man really deserves his execution. The nation, (Austria?) should take good care of the poor daughter and her children. Human societies have to try exellent ways to expel these cruel, absurd and merciless private lives.

I like your strong and straightforward opinion. He is a public enemy No.1. I hope he repents his wrongdoing in the prision.
avatar
Lee Pilsu
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 58
Join date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reply to Bongkyung

Post  Lee Pilsu on Sat May 10 2008, 09:17

bobosbong wrote:summary
An Austrailian Joseph...had kept his daughter in the cellar for about 20 years and fathered quite many children from her. Being discovered by the police, he's in jail now and the eldest daughter is being hospitalized.

opinion
It's really horrible and heartbreaking. I can't understand how a father can commit such a felony. He must be a devil if he isn't mentally insane. I came to know the fact from the other news article that he ran a restaurant or something, which means he lives a life of a normal person, being only sexually disordered. I think this makes him far more unforgiven in that he must know he's wrong morally and socially. While working in a store, he must have felt guilty about his misdeed. He could've been forgiven if he had repented earlier but he took away 20 years of one women's life and left an uncurable scar in her heart. If there's hell, it's where he belongs to! and if I could I would anguish his soul forever.

prediction
The Austrailian government will have a hard time dealing with this case. Whether he's sentenced to death or life imprisonment, all the eyes of the world will focus on the case because this is such a shocking news and it doesn't match the image of a peaceful tourist country.

You used some good words and expressions like, heartbreaking, commit a felony, mentally insane, misdeed, left an incurable scar, anguish, life imprisonment. I learn a lot when I read other students' writings like yours.
avatar
Lee Pilsu
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 58
Join date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I agree with your point.

Post  Lee Pilsu on Sat May 10 2008, 09:39

Ryu Jeong A wrote:[summary]
Hi-technology experts assert that we will keep more intimate family relationship in the very near future, using the advanced devices like Nintendo Wii which is hot issue these days. Unlike previous devices such as cell phone, laptop computer, or IP pagers which separated people in their own space, this newly introduced devices are expected to bring families together and have quality time in front of the big screen of TV

[opinion]
As the expert said on the news, I am of the opinion that this kind of technology is just a tool, but not the end. I think the treadmill is to our health what the Wii is to the family relationship. So, it is the efforts of the family members that make them have fun together.

[prediction]
My prediction is that the market of hi-tech will grow more than ever before. Unfortunately, however, only after they have that hi-tech device installed in their house, consumers will come to know that this does not guarantee their familyís happiness, just like many people realize that they donít lose any fat or get healthy even after purchasing sports goods.

From my experience, usually kids like such technology inventions while elders are not much interested in it. For example, my grandmother, if she is still alive, wouldn't enjoy throwing punches or playing the guitar watching the screen. She just enjoyed a peaceful time and she cared her grandchildren at heart.
avatar
Lee Pilsu
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 58
Join date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reply to Mi-jin

Post  Lee Pilsu on Sat May 10 2008, 09:55

Mi Jin Jeong wrote:Summary:
Fritzel was arrested on imprisoning her daugher in a secret cellar and raping her over 20 years. His daugher has 7 children, who also have been imprisoned with her so far.

Opinion:
How could that kind of thing happen? I cannot believe it. He should be sentenced to a severe punishment. But...what about his daught? I wonder if she can adapt to a society and her new life.
There seems to be many criminals who couldn't realize how cruel and how horrible the crimies that they commited are. I eagerly hope evil people disappear and everyone live happily.

Prediction:
Needless to say, horror father will be punished according to the law. His daught and her children will have hard time living themselves.


As you said, "What about his daughter?" How could she live again in this society? She needs a long time of caring and rehabilitation before she can live among other people. Unfortunately, I don't think evil people will disappear altogether. In this imperfect world we live in, we have a notion of 'good' and 'bad' like we have 'brightness' and 'darkness.' I don't know why the creature made like this way, but I think it is so. But I don't believe in the 100% goodness or 100% evil. Good people sometimes turn bad, and bad people sometimes turn good. I just hope that the "father" repent his crime and try to do more good than harmness.
avatar
Lee Pilsu
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 58
Join date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I hope so^^

Post  Kim Jin-Young on Sat May 10 2008, 20:17

I'm not a driver because I'm much afraid of everything related to a car. Therefore, I have preferred to taking the public transportation at any circoumstances.
My parents recommeded me to get a driver licence though, I denied it. However, these days, my mind is changing a little bit, but I still have a doubt about my capacity.
If cars with no a car accident involved release someday, I would like to try it. Razz



Boyun Park wrote:Summary : Many people are killed and injured in car accidents all over the world. One car company in Sweden is trying out a tough challenge to eliminate numbers of car accidents with special car devices developed. Having no car accidents in the future is their goal.

Opinion : I'm of the opinion that this devices developed by the company will be a big hit and especially in Korea where the traffic is pretty bad. People in car crashes get wounded very seriously and sometimes have tragic ends. I believe this car devices could hinder many accidents in case of dangerous situations such as drowsy or drunk driving. I hope we could save many valuable lives with such developments.

Prediction : My prediction is that the company will succeed in developing all those devices in near future. Seeing their accomplishments, other car companies will also try to come up with new technologies to eliminate car crashes and accidents. Eventually this will prevent many car accidents and the numbers of people being injured.
avatar
Kim Jin-Young
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 60
Join date : 2008-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I entirely agree with you^^

Post  Han Kyoung Jae on Mon May 12 2008, 16:01

bakbann wrote:Summary
A 73 year old father, named Josef Fritzl, is charged with rape and confinement of his own daughter in Austria. He has imprisoned and raped his daughter, Elisabeth, for 24 years. Three of his children, or grandchildren, from Elisabeth were also locked up with her in the secret dungeon in his house. Other three were adopted by him and his wife, and one was dead. This man, so-called "horror father", is now behind bars.

Opinion
I am of the opinion that complicated and rapid changing society is producing terrible criminals who have mental disorder. In the past, criminal purposes were rather simple. Criminal psychologists could find out their purposes and read their minds without much difficulty. However, now, in this complex society, criminal minds are incomprehensible at all. They are way more cruel and insane. Take Fritzl who is definitely a psychopath. He couldn't have committed such an awful crime unless he had been out of his mind. There are many other crazy criminals. Few days ago, a man in Korea killed a random girl in the street with no particular reason and what is worse this is not uncommon worldwide. Therefore, I think more criminals have serious mental problems in this confused society.

Prediction
My prediction is that these lunatic criminals will increase even more. Society is getting complicated, changing, individualized at the highest rate, which remains psycho criminals. Moreover, being overexposed to violence, people see the violence as senseless these days. Criminal psychology points out that all of these environmental factors drive criminals to the extreme. Thus, more and more criminals will be insane, absolutely not understandable and unexplainable by any words.

I completely agree with you. The terrible accidents which happened a few months ago in Korea also made us feel sad. The world is getting more frightening place to live in. Why do the people who have mental disorder commit terrible crimes?? I hope the people don't commit them any more.
avatar
Han Kyoung Jae
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 66
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oh~Thank you^^

Post  Han Kyoung Jae on Mon May 12 2008, 16:05

Thanks for giving me a good reply. I always think there are both good and side effects for everything. So what is important is our attitude to everything. Before we blame something's error, we should think over our attitude and behavior first.

Lee Pilsu wrote:
Han Kyoung Jae wrote:summary - In Sweden, the car company makes a great effort to reduce the rate of car accidents. They conducted a test to improve the safety of cars and protect both of the car and driver in case the car accidents. But their main goal is that the car accidents don't happen any more. So they invented the great device called 'giant bumper' which has a sensor to perceive the danger. For instance, if the driver falls into a doze and doesn't see the object or cars in front of him, the giant bumper is aware that and makes the car stopped by some electronic devices. The people engaged in that test are still making effort to save our lives against the car accidents now.

opinion - I'm of the opinion that the device may play an important role in our daily life. Now many people around the world lost their precious lives and their loved poeple's lives because of the terrible car accidents. In addition, even if they saved their lives, they might live a terrible and as a disabled person. So this effort which many people made for all of us may make the world safer place to live in. Also, we don't need to lose the valuable lives of our loved people any more by sudden and unexpected accidents.

prediction - My prediction is that if we can use the cars which have special devices for our safety, we don't have to suffer from the car accident any more. But I think there might be also side effects. Now there is a strict forbidden law for the drunken driving. However if the special cars are used for the people, they may think that the drunken driving is not dangerous any longer, because of the special cars. And they may think even though I drive the car after drinking, the car may protect me and I can save my life. Then we may need another ridiculous law for those people.The car is an automatic car???? Absolutely not. So we must not completely depend on the machine and care for our life for ourselves.

I think your summary, opinion, and prediction, all these are very excellent. Your summary contained good detail information. I agree with your opinion that people who got a car accident, if alive, they have to live their rest of life suffering from the injuries. Your prediction is also interesting in that if the uncrushable car should be develop in the future, everybody will not care about safe driving, some might drink and drive, and neglect traffic law, etc. As you said, there could be some side effects on it.
avatar
Han Kyoung Jae
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 66
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Yes, You're right about that.

Post  Han Kyoung Jae on Mon May 12 2008, 16:40

choi Eun sil wrote:Can hi-tech bring families closer?

Many hi-tech , such as cell-phone, computer etc, seperated people from their families or friends. This hi-tech will bring back together, though. Many family participating in this game can share a lot of fun time together and have new reasons to spend time together.


I'm of the opiniom that its popularity will not last long. Some older people don't like playing games and are not used to playing games. Thanks to this tech, of course, people can enjoy the games together and spend much time together at first. However ,peolpe will get tired of it and then the games will be saved in a warehouse.
I think we need more conversation and a common interest .If the family has a common hobby, their relationship will be strengtened.

I also think that some time later people want more exciting gadgets. And that's why we have to research and study to develop some more exciting devices which we can use in our daily life. But, as you said above, I think we need not only hi-tech gadgets but some precious time to have conversation with other family members as well. Emotional exchange is more important than any other technological device for the great relationship in family.
avatar
Han Kyoung Jae
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 66
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  Han Kyoung Jae on Mon May 12 2008, 16:49

Boyun Park wrote:Summary : Many people are killed and injured in car accidents all over the world. One car company in Sweden is trying out a tough challenge to eliminate numbers of car accidents with special car devices developed. Having no car accidents in the future is their goal.

Opinion : I'm of the opinion that this devices developed by the company will be a big hit and especially in Korea where the traffic is pretty bad. People in car crashes get wounded very seriously and sometimes have tragic ends. I believe this car devices could hinder many accidents in case of dangerous situations such as drowsy or drunk driving. I hope we could save many valuable lives with such developments.

Prediction : My prediction is that the company will succeed in developing all those devices in near future. Seeing their accomplishments, other car companies will also try to come up with new technologies to eliminate car crashes and accidents. Eventually this will prevent many car accidents and the numbers of people being injured.


Just a few years ago, we couldn't imagine the hi-technological devices which we now think natural things. It's very marvelous that our technology gets development more and more rapidly. Then what kind of devices does appear and what does our world look like a few years later??? I'm very curious about that. And I hope our world will be a good place to live in.
avatar
Han Kyoung Jae
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 66
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

on the 3rd video news...

Post  kim young-ah on Tue May 13 2008, 20:27

First of all, I'm very sorry to reply so late...

summary : A few years ago, many technical things such as computer, pager, cell phone, etc. separated from the family relationships and many parents worried about their children. But now the things are different. Like nintendo wii, interactive games appeared and they were designed to the body movement with the big screen TV. Thanks to the hi-tech devices, many family can enjoy their quality time together. They have new reasons to spend time together. This hi-tech system has new ways for family to have fun together.

I'm of the opinion that the new hi-tech devices are interesting and marvelous. At first, they seem to be strange and hard to handle but as time goes on, they will be parts of our lives like computers. And I don't think that older people mind and hesitate the new hi-technical devices. In my case, for example, my father(74 years old) is interested in the new technical devices and he wants to enjoy them. And he sends e-mails to his friends including me and sometimes he exchanges the text messages with me.^^ It may take much longer time for the older people to adapt themselves to the hi-tech devices but they have rights to enjoy their lives with the hi-tech devices like us young people. Rather, the old people are like children and innocent.^^ Nowadays, every person is very busy and at this time, these hi-tech devices bring family back.
Regardless of the ages, these technical devices can improve the family relationships and they will make the life better in a way. Our imagination will come true. Enjoy our lives!!!!


Last edited by kim young-ah on Tue May 13 2008, 21:07; edited 1 time in total
avatar
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-03-13
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

You did?

Post  kim young-ah on Tue May 13 2008, 20:39

Wow!!! sunnypine~
You did those games with your family????
great~^^ My father is very old(74 years old) but if I tell him the hi-tech devices,he will be interested in them or he may already know them.
sunnypine wrote:3rd video

Summary: The news said high-technology can bring families closer. We used to think high technology such as TV, and computer will make families not closer, but the news said it will not be true. There were several games introduced on the news which will make families bring closer.



Opinion: Actually when I watched this new, I smiled so much. Because Iíve played both games, will and guitar hero, personally I really agree with this news. I really enjoyed those games and so did my family. Thanks to the high-technology stuff, we now have common topic to talk each other, and enjoy together. I think these kinds of games or things which use high-technology will really help us make our lives fun!



Prediction: Recently in Korea, Wii was released last weekend. So now Koreans can enjoy high-technology games. Actually Koreans especially old people are not interested in games, but from now on, Korea will not be able to ignore the power of games in the world.
avatar
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-03-13
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

power of nintendo

Post  kim young-ah on Tue May 13 2008, 21:05

I agree with you...
I know a student, who was in hospital because of the car accident two weeks ago.
Worrying about the student's condition, I visited him several days later since his car accident. But when I arrived at his ward, he wasn't in his bed. Finally, I found him in a resting room and there he was playing with another boy(he's also a patient) with a nintendo. ^^The boys didn't know each other before entering the hospital. But thanks to the nintendo, they could make friends easily. Like this, hi-tech devices can bring unknown people as well as family closer.

Ji Young, Kim wrote:As you can see in the title, this news article is about the potential use of high technology to bring families closer and help them spend some quality time together. We usually think that high technology from TV, cell phones to hand-held video games has separated people and put them in their own space, and family life has suffered as a result. But some companies like Samsung and Panasonic are trying to come up with some new ways of using this high technology to bring family members back together around entertainment, education and accessing information.




I'm of the opinion that I definitely like the idea of using high technology to have families get together and ensure quality time for them. We often see very worried parents because their kids are kind of so addicted to computer games or love playing with cell phones so much in their own room that they simply don't want to come out of it and have some conversations with parents. To those parents this news must be a very pleasing one. While doing those fun computer games provided by Nintendo or Samsung together around big screen TV, families can have a good time together. Besides, parents can understand their children better by engaging in activities using cool high tech stuff, which is very crucial and almost indispensable to youngsters' life these days, so they can maintain a better and closer relationship with their children.



My prediction is that many parents who want a closer family relationship or are very interested in thinking of more fun ways to spend family time together will definitely welcome this use of high technology. If big screen high-definition TV and some new computer games like Nintendo Wii can guarantee a stronger and happier family life, many parents will not hesitate to spend much money on those hi-tech gadgets. In addition, teachers as well as parents will be interested in using high technology to get kids to participate in group work. As you know, these days young kids spend too much time alone in their own room playing computer games, so there are many who have difficulty in getting along with others or simply are not comfortable being with others. Therefore, some teachers will like the companies' idea to use high-tech stuff in order to get kids together and spend more time with others, not alone.
avatar
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-03-13
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

On the 3rd news..

Post  kim young-ah on Tue May 13 2008, 21:18

on the 3rd news...
I agree with you in that there's no emotional exchange with the hi-technical devices.
We focused on the hi-technology and passed the emotional things as human beings, I think.
kiera wrote:
Summary : A swedish car company sets up a car crash test ,and their ultimate purpose is to produce uncrashable cars with a qualified electronic brain that can senses potential dangers.
Opinion : I think that this kind of technology is helpful not only for drivers but also for pedestrians. For example, the small electronic brain in the injury-proof car can sense the drunken drivers and prevent them from driving. By doing so, I think it can reduce the possibility of car accidents.
Prediction : My prediction is that this injury-proof car will significantly contribute to decreasing the rate of car accidents and of injured people. However, there might be a chance to increase the rate of car accidents since some people give hasty credit to a technology.


Summary
: A horror father kept his daughter and other children in the cellar of his own house. He treated them like prisoners for about 24 years. The government insists than they will investigate what made this shocking crime possible.
Opinion : My opinion is that he should be punished in whatever ways because he destroyed his children's lives. Of course I don't think punishing him could compensate for the happiness of the children, but ,at least, it could function as warning.
Prediction : My prediction is that these kinds of crimes won't be reduced. Maybe, the rate of the crime will increase. As you know, the percentage of divorced family is getting higher and higher. At this very moment, I think we should try to enhance social tie of a community. Each member can do the roles of parents instead of mel-functioning parents and monitor what is happening in that family.


Summary
: Some people think that hi-tech electronics can bring families closer. For example, Nintendo's Wii and Samsung's TV screen can provide virtual games which make people have fun together.
Opinion : I think that hi-technology can provide mutual interaction more, compared to the prior computer games and portable video games. However, it hardly provides direct contacts and more qualified emotional exchange.
Prediction : My prediction is that this kind of technology could be beneficial in compensatory education since it can make up the lack of qualified teachers. For example, students in a remote rural areas can be thought by the teacher through clearly showing HDTV. The clearity of HDTV makes them feel that the teacher is teaching right in front of them.
avatar
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-03-13
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

careful driving...

Post  kim young-ah on Tue May 13 2008, 21:29

I like this electronic car but the most important thing is the careful driving by every driver like a defensive driving
choi Eun sil wrote:Drive to produce injury-proof car

They did many experiments to prevent car accidents in Sweden. They are also developing one giant bumper not to injure peolple when car accidents take place. One person perdicts that there are no accidents in the future with this technology.

I'm pleased to hear this news, as a driver. In Korea, Every year many people were died or injured because of car accidents. Nowadays I have to drive a long distance, so I am sometimes scared everytime I see car crash happening . If this development sell, the car accidents will decrease. However, The most important thing is that people should drive carefully to drop the number of car accidents.

My prediction is that the number of car accidents will decrease with this technology for a short time. The less car accidents happen, the less people are killed. Still, this impact doesn't last long. As I said, what matters is that people must drive carefully for themselves as well as for other people.
avatar
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-03-13
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

there're so many good persons , though.

Post  kim young-ah on Tue May 13 2008, 21:51

At first, I also thought that to live in this world is too scary because of the criminals, especially rapists, as a woman myself. And I also worried about the criminals who did the children abuse as a mother that I have two sons.
But let's try to see the bright side of the life...
It's very hard to do so because of this terrible world but there are much more good persons, though.
In this article, the horror father might live his childhood unhappily and he might have no affection from anybody including his parents. Rather, in order not to make another horror father/mother, let's love our children and our students even though I can't take a good care of my own children.

jihyun wrote:I have listened this news for several days and several times but I can't still get the
information and details...............Wow~ it's really tough.

2. "Horror father's" double life

One horrible old man imprisoned his own daughter and her children in the cellar of his own house for 24 years. With frige and washing maching, these 'prisoners' have to live without sunshine and fresh foods which this crazy man enjoyed in Tailand with his male friend during his holiday. This unbelievable story is revealed as a truth according to the investigation team. This horror father is now behind the bar, still, investigation team has many things to do.

I am of the opinion that this world become crazy. There happens too many strange and immoral incidents around us. This world is too scary to live. We have to do something to change the world and to protect our children. Until this weired incident was revealed to the people, nobody knows about this situation and this dobule life man. How individualist!! Of course if this had happend near my town, I couldn't have known, either. I think everybody has to care about their neighborhood more. Same as me.

I predict that this man will be imprisoned forever and people will not forgive him, ever never!! And those poor children and the lady will be protected by the police and get treatment by the nation. Hopefully, people might have more attention to their neighbor and their family. There should be developed some laws to prevent this things from happening again in this 'beautiful world'.
avatar
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-03-13
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Every parent is not a parent...

Post  kim young-ah on Tue May 13 2008, 22:07

Seeing this article, there's no one that hadn't been shocked.
Every parent is not a parent just because they gave birth to the children.How they foster their children is very important ( and in that way, I am a poor mother...)
I think the horror father had a miserable childhood. But thinking his immoral behavior and the daughter and her children's pain, I want him to die ... Am I cruel? so excessive?

Kim Eun-jung wrote:Summary

More details of 73 year old Josef Fritzl's double life have emerged. He imprisoned his daughter and their children for 24 years, but His neighbors didn't know at all. He built one room prison for his daughter but after she produced more of his children, he built extension on the underground cellar. Three of her children were adopted to Fritzl and his wife after he forced their mother to write letters saying she could no longer cope with them. The investigation is still under way. The oldest daughter is in hospital and horror father is behind the bar now.

Opinion

It's so shocking that I can't believe it. How a father can do this cruel thing to his daughter? He must be a psychopath. These kind of psychopaths cause serious social problem because they commit violent crime without feeling sorry for what they have done, living among normal people. Because they act like a normal person usually, neighbors and even families don't know or can't imagine they commit such a crime. Fritzl seems to be a similar case. He should be segregated and given special treatment from a psychiatrist. It's so horrible to think a psychopath is around acting normal person.

And watching the news, a question arose. Is it possible that his wife doesn't know the fact for 24 years? How could he visit the secret cellar regularly and even build extension on the underground cellar without his wife's notice? It's a mystery.

Prediction

More investigation should be made. New details will emerge, and Fritzl will be given severe penalty. Because many people worldwide were surprised at the shocking news, the authorities will try to prevent similar crimes.
avatar
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 83
Join date : 2008-03-13
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  Han Kyoung Jae on Thu May 15 2008, 09:46

I absolutely agree with you.^^
At first, I was very afraid of driving. So when I was asked to get my driving license by my father, I refused to do it. And a few years later I was reluctant to get it and I didn't drive at all of course. But Now I feel that sometimes it's more convenient to drive anywhere at the cost of oil expense. Car is one of the convenient devices for our daily life if we don't need to worry about the terrible result of car accidents any more.

Kim Jin-Young wrote:I'm not a driver because I'm much afraid of everything related to a car. Therefore, I have preferred to taking the public transportation at any circoumstances.
My parents recommeded me to get a driver licence though, I denied it. However, these days, my mind is changing a little bit, but I still have a doubt about my capacity.
If cars with no a car accident involved release someday, I would like to try it. Razz



Boyun Park wrote:Summary : Many people are killed and injured in car accidents all over the world. One car company in Sweden is trying out a tough challenge to eliminate numbers of car accidents with special car devices developed. Having no car accidents in the future is their goal.

Opinion : I'm of the opinion that this devices developed by the company will be a big hit and especially in Korea where the traffic is pretty bad. People in car crashes get wounded very seriously and sometimes have tragic ends. I believe this car devices could hinder many accidents in case of dangerous situations such as drowsy or drunk driving. I hope we could save many valuable lives with such developments.

Prediction : My prediction is that the company will succeed in developing all those devices in near future. Seeing their accomplishments, other car companies will also try to come up with new technologies to eliminate car crashes and accidents. Eventually this will prevent many car accidents and the numbers of people being injured.
avatar
Han Kyoung Jae
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 66
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  Han Kyoung Jae on Thu May 15 2008, 09:58

kim young-ah wrote:First of all, I'm very sorry to reply so late...

summary : A few years ago, many technical things such as computer, pager, cell phone, etc. separated from the family relationships and many parents worried about their children. But now the things are different. Like nintendo wii, interactive games appeared and they were designed to the body movement with the big screen TV. Thanks to the hi-tech devices, many family can enjoy their quality time together. They have new reasons to spend time together. This hi-tech system has new ways for family to have fun together.

I'm of the opinion that the new hi-tech devices are interesting and marvelous. At first, they seem to be strange and hard to handle but as time goes on, they will be parts of our lives like computers. And I don't think that older people mind and hesitate the new hi-technical devices. In my case, for example, my father(74 years old) is interested in the new technical devices and he wants to enjoy them. And he sends e-mails to his friends including me and sometimes he exchanges the text messages with me.^^ It may take much longer time for the older people to adapt themselves to the hi-tech devices but they have rights to enjoy their lives with the hi-tech devices like us young people. Rather, the old people are like children and innocent.^^ Nowadays, every person is very busy and at this time, these hi-tech devices bring family back.
Regardless of the ages, these technical devices can improve the family relationships and they will make the life better in a way. Our imagination will come true. Enjoy our lives!!!!

Is your father really enjoying the hi-tech devices?? That makes me feel that you don't have any generation-gap difficulties in your family.^^ I also have seen many senior people using their text messaging program many times. In western cultures much more senior people use e-mail, text messaging program and other technological devices. However althogh nowadays the number of the senior people using them is on increase in our culture, there are less people using the hi-tech devices than those of western cultures yet. No matter how many negative effects the devices may have, they also have much more positive effects on our daily life. Yes, let's enjoy our lives in a happier manner.
avatar
Han Kyoung Jae
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 66
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I like your prediction of 2nd video!

Post  Kim Hyunjin on Fri May 16 2008, 13:26

[quote="eunjin39"]Jason, I hope you get well soon! Crying or Very sad
Here's my homework. :-)

Evil or Very Mad 'Horror father's'' double life

[summary]
A father, who is 73 years old, kept her daughter and three of her children in a secret room and its underground extention for 24 years. He made his daughter write letter to her mother to adopt her three children. The judge thinks that the story is true, and the investigators are still working on the case. The daughter's daughter stayed in the hospital, which made the police circle the house, and now the father is in the prison.

[opinion]
I'm of the opinion that the father is really crazy to ruin his daughter's and the children's life so miserably. Even though the father is behind bars right now, the mental shock and wound that the victims had will not go away easily. I'm glad that now the daughter is free from his ugly father and can see sunshine as much as she wants to.

[prediction]
My prediction are that the government of the father's country will intensify the law related to child abuse and that the judge will sentence him to 24 years in prison. First of all, this incident is a big shock for most people, and people will easily agree with the thinking that much stronger law should be made. Not every parent is good, so not to have this kind of situation again, a child abuse law should be intensified. Next, the judge will know how big the daughter's suffering is, so he may want the father to experience the pain that his daughter had. This particular sentence may not make the daughter happy, but something should be done for him to realize what he did to his daughter.

=================================================================

Yes, my prediction of the father is that the goverment will take a action to prevent the same cases from taking place again. Even, our goverment also try to keep from it as well as that contury does. In addition, people need to pay attention to their neiborhoods, too. A lot of people sometimes are quite indifferent to their next-to-door person in these days. The people who have lived around the father might be indifferent, or he completely digused himself with kindness or something reliable.
Anyway, this kind of case is never happened again and we need to have more attention to others than now do we.
avatar
Kim Hyunjin
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 35
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can Hi-Tech bring families closer?

Post  Kim Hyunjin on Fri May 16 2008, 14:20

Parent worried if their children do computer or video game player and it cause that family relations are suffered. However, some tech company try to assert to the opposite in recently. They think family will get closer throughout games such as nintendo and other video games. They will feel more familiar by enjoying the game together while they spend their time in their isolated space before. Also, some techniques like as big screen TVs will acerate these phenomenon.

I'm opinion of that it is really good thing to have fun with family. Most people like to play game. Furthermore, it will be a lot of fun with their family. Nowaday, there are not many chances to exercise, talk to family and even take a rest. Especially, it looks more serious in Korea. Mothers in Korea always worry and scold to prevent their kids from playing computer games. Also, plenty of children force to study in their room. In these circumstances, the relationship between parent and kid might get bed. They need help to recover. I think this technology is good for the family. As vice president from panasonic in North America said, they will feel more familiar by enjoying the game.

My prediction is that it become so popular within a few years. Now, the game player like nintendo is used to many kids for game or education. My only concern is that people think like how people live without high technology. Although technology makes our lives rich, we should not depend on it too much. Also, with the technology, we should try to find something quality with their family.
avatar
Kim Hyunjin
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 35
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  Bae Sung-han on Sat May 17 2008, 09:18

Whenever I imagine that, which I must compete with others in order to keep my status and make money, I am not comfortable with the fact.
I don't know what I have to do in this world, in this competive society. What would they say if I were not good enough to make huge money for my family?
I heard that my granny yelled at my grandfa due to his inability in his business and the anger came to my mom hysterically. She must have been depressed at that time. There was no one to help her. She was the eldest among the sisters. At 17 years old, she was forced to earn money away from home. While listening it, I was so angry that I couldn't stand it. It passed already more than 40 years.
While listening it from my second elder sister, my past behavior to my granny came up to my mind. I was thinking I was so happy that I had my granny. But I didn't know my mom had suffered from my granny.
This story is not only my mom's story, but also most of korean mom's.
How can I say about it?
My granny passed away 10 years ago. When dying, she was saying to the rest of family who was serving her, she wanted to see me. I don't know why, but I can guess that she might have tried to say to me to treat her daughter, my mom well.
Sad

bakbann wrote:Summary
High technology has been pointed as one of the main causes that had separated families. Some tech companies, however, now insist high technology can get family back together. For instance, family can play video games with the big screen and have fun together.

Opinion
It would be great that high tech can contribute to improving family relationship. However, I'm of the opinion that these simple gadgets cannot bring separated families back together. The rationale behind this is that there are actually many elements that separated families. In this busy and competitive society, people became much busier, which means there are less time to spend with their families. Children come home late from school or Hagwon. Back home, they need to study to get into a prestige university. Parents are also busy working to survive in this "eat or be eaten" society. The fast changing society widened generation gap as well. Lastly, due to the development of telecommunication and transportation, more and more families live apart. Some children study abroad and some husbands and wives meet only on weekends because of their jobs in different cities. Therefore, I think it won't be easy to get separated families back together by high tech only.

Prediction
My prediction is that this will be selling well. Although it may not keep family relationship closer, this is still eyecatching for children as well as adults. People, let alone tremendous number of passionate fans of Play station and Nintendo, would love this innovative and fun game. Thus, I think this will sell like hot cakes.
avatar
Bae Sung-han
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 89
Join date : 2008-03-12
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Second news

Post  Ji-eun on Wed Jun 04 2008, 20:33

I love you Summary

A father arrested for imprionment of his daugher and her three children. He made a secret cellar in the basement and let them place under the house arrest for 24years. And nobody knows why he did this. He lets his daughter write a letter to mother for adopting her children. This misearable father is in the prison and investigation team is figuring out this terrible accident.


I love you Opinion

How terrible is this!!! Actually some days ago, from my co-worker, i heard this news and i thought it is extremely crazy and crazy and crazy thing!! Can you dare image it? How the very father confine his daughter and his grandson!! I really want to ask him WHY! I think he must be a mentally deranned person. And at this point, i just get one curious point. She has three children, right? and then where is her husband? and what did he do? Anyway this terrible father must be punished. I think.


I love you Prediction

I feel so pity for this daughter and her children. Do they guilty? Why did they experience this misearable 24 years. I think Even she has released from this terrible prison in her house, maybe she can't overcome those terrible 24 years. It must be remained trauma. If she has to hate her father... it is so sad, either. right?
avatar
Ji-eun
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 31
Join date : 2008-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum