Access to video news articles from Discovery Channel, National Geographic and CNN

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Concerns about the situation in Middle-esat.

Post  Lee yujin on Tue Apr 29 2008, 05:46

I saw the news that a whole family including 15-month child in Gaza was killed by Israeli soliders. I've heard the endless conflict between Palestenian and Israeli, but this news was so heart-breaking anf devastationg. Why they had to be killed ruthlessly?
Last month I read about the story about palestinian girl who lost her father ,brother and her left leg by the bomb attack. She said most of the Palestinian children are accustomed to seeing anf facing this sort of death because every morning they heard people dying and crying. Her story made me really sad about the situation.
What can I do for these children who severly suffer from starvation and war....?
i think they need someone to help
Lee yujin
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Free From Car accident

Post  Lee yujin on Sat May 03 2008, 08:56

summary
The Swedish car testing institution and car makers are trying to develop the cutting-edge technology which would help reduce car accident. Even though it could be really challenging and seem far-fetched. they will put thier all effort to work out this project that probably will result in saving many peolple's lives.

opinion
I'm on the opinion that this effort will eventually bring many benefits to both of the car makers and drivers. Car accident could be thie one of the notorious killers in modern society amd nobody except peolple living in isolated woods can free from the dangers and risks of it.
This smart car, as long as it come to be real, would save many peolple's lives.
I think more govermente-funded researchs about this project should be carried on.

prediction
First the cars with this driver protection technology will be highly expensive, but many people will have intersts in these cars.
Second the death toll caused by car clash will reduce significatly.
Third diriving will be much safer than now.
Lee yujin
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

underwater survival

Post  kim young-ah on Wed May 14 2008, 21:00

just to practice my listening...

In Indonesia, there are many fishes that they have how to survive under water - underwater survival. Unlike human beings, under this ocean, there are 4 examples to survive in their own ways ; the fishes are frog fish, ghost pipe fish, scorpion fish and cackatoo fish (i don't know the exact spelling but I followed its sound). Example 1 frog fish is like a frog face and yellow, sitting down the bottom of the sea. Example 2 ghost pipe fish is like sea grass drifting underwater. Example 3 scorpion fish is like a little pipe fish if it is streched. Example 4 the last one is cackatoo(?) fish and the fish is like a dead leaf. To survive from their enemies under water, the fish hide themselves changing their original appearances in harmony with the underwater condition. Sometimes the lives of fish can be very dangerous but compared with the human beings, the fish are environmental, I think. As for human beings, we change the surroundings according to our conditions, not that we change ourselves like above fish.^^
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

cool jobs:extreme storm surveyor

Post  kim young-ah on Wed May 14 2008, 21:37

The oceanographer and its relevant professor surveyed the impact of the Hurricane in US. When Hurricane was processing in US , particularly West coastal beach, the surveyors checked the before and the after through the pictures to figure out what's going on during the storm, extreme storm. The Hurricane started the gulf of Mexico and it influenced the gulf coast of US. Hurricane cut the coast lines and it's a kind of catastrophe. With the data on the extreme storm, they inform their customers of the sign and the customers can use their signs.
This article reminds me of the old movie, "Twister(s)". In that movie, the main characters surveyed and studied the tornado using many devices at the risk their lives. They failed in surveying several times. Later, they finally succeeded in the survey and lots of data about the tornado accumulated on the computer.
So,many people including customers are likely to get any help with the sign and data in a real life as well as a movie. How thankful the surveyors are.^^
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Why? Tell me why; Eskimo Kisses

Post  kim young-ah on Wed May 21 2008, 23:28

Unlike our knowledge on the Eskimo kissing way, the Eskimo kiss really exists. George P. Charles (director, National Resource Center for American Indian, Alaska & Hawaiian Elders) said about the Eskimo kiss. In Yup'ik culture, there's their unique kiss not mouth freezing together. It's hongi greeting and in New Zealand, this greeting is conducted. As we know, the Eskimo kiss is rubbing nose. But in fact, that kissing way is created by Hollywood because of romantic sides or romatic notions to create movies. The real Eskimo kiss is rubbing facial part, especially cheek not nose. Charles says , as for him , there's never any rubbing noses in greeting. Here we can see the cultural difference. How interesting! Rubbing cheeks rather than noses is more tender, I think. In Korea, rubbing facial parts is not acceptable but nowadays between the parents and their children, hugging and rubbing faces are common. In spite of the cultural differences, let's bring the good things to us.
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Access to video news articles from Discovery Channel, National Geographic and CNN

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3