Journal Entry 2

Go down

Journal Entry 2

Post  Kanghoon Jang on Fri Apr 11 2008, 12:16

Introduce to one of the best places to resolve your problems.

I went to Japan for 1 year as an exchange student. I have been to some famous shrines, temples and other places with my friends in Kyoto. Especially, I think that the path of philosophy which is in front of the Ginkakuji is one of the most impressive places I ever went to in Kyoto. I did not know why it is called the path of philosophy, but I finally understood why it is called because I felt to be a philosopher walking along the whole path.

I had problems regarding my future when I visited there first time. I could not connect the dots getting involved with future. Although I had to trust myself, whatever happened to me, I did not at that time. I really did not know why I am in Japan as exchange student. I really expected something before going there. I thought if go there, I could find priceless things which are related with my aspirations. However, I could not find them anymore.
Although I did not want to go the path of philosophy due to my problems, my friends asked me to go together again and again. I could not help going there. However looking back, it was one of the best decisions I ever made in.

When I arrived there, I felt astonishingly peaceful that it could not say. It was something spontaneous and I fell easily into thinking about something. Although because of my problems, I felt I was a real philosopher. Plus a lot of trees, a painter who seated next to the stream, a couple of teddy bears made me relaxed and happy. When I saw the painter who did a sketch freely, I also tried to do a sketch next to him for a while. Moreover, there was a stream in the middle of the path and many trees are surrounding it, it looked like going to countryside. It made me also feel like to fly in the sky. When I walked the whole path, I did my best to try to figure my problems out. At that time, I did not find exactly great solutions about that, but the path of philosophy gave me a kind of reflecting time: What did I do for a month, what will I do during my stay in Japan, how to beat my situation.

Even though there are a lot of places like temples, shrines where it is easy to fall into thinking in Kyoto, based on my personal experiences, that would be the greatest place among them to be relaxed. If you have opportunities to visit the Kyoto in Japan, you should visit there, especially spring season to see beautiful cherry blossoms.
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Journal Entry 2

Post  Younghee choi on Fri Apr 11 2008, 22:07

Thank your for introducing a great place in Japan. The Path of Philosophy sounds like a perfect place to do meditation. I also like the name.
I've never been to Japan except for the Narita airport several times.
I always wish I could go there some day and visit my cousin.
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ju-mi,Im on Sat Apr 12 2008, 09:52

One of my plans is going to Japan.
Japan is considered as the country which is near geographically but far from Korea emotionally, right?

After reading your journal, I decided to write my essay about same topic: the place where I visit when I want to have time to think. Look forward to it, please!

Anyway thank you for good information.
Ju-mi,Im
Flyer
Flyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ji hye Lim on Sun Jun 15 2008, 16:11

I visited Japan two years ago for a trip. I went to Tokyo. Tokyo was really great but I couldn't feel traditional Japan. So I wanted to visit somewhere that I can feel traditional Japan. So I want to visit Kyoto somedays. And I really want to go path of philosophy.
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down