Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Mystery of the Red Boss

Post  eunjin39 on Wed Apr 02 2008, 13:27

The Mystery of the Red Boss cherry
Written by Mi-hyun Park, Yunkyoung Hwang, Jeonga Ryu, Bongkyung Park, Pilsu Lee, Haesol Bae, Eunmi Kang and Eunjin Cho

He is always gloomy and quiet. No one knows his real name, so we call him "Red Boss." I don't know when people started to call hime like that. However, one thing that I do know about this is he always has red stuffs like a red hat, a red cane, a red shirt, etc.

He is not insane, though. He just wears red one and has many red things. However, one day, he showed up wearing a pair of white shoes, and the other day, in a blue shirt. After changing all the stuffs that he had one by one, he broke with red.

The boss is not called "Red Boss" anymore. Not only the color of his items but also his personality has changed in a good way. Now he has smile on his face most of the time, and even he kindly say hello to his employees in the morning. How could a person like him turn into a totally different person? Everybody working for him wondered the reason why. However, they still coudn't figure it out. Whatever the reason, people loved him much better than before. What happened to him? It's a mystery.

There was a very important incident that changed his favorite color 'red' to others. One night after finishing work, he went out for drinking with his employees. On that day, he dressed himself with all red. After the gathering, he was walking home when he suddenly saw a cat staring at him on the wall. Since he was drunk and surprised to see the mysterious animal, he tripped over a stone and fainted. He fell into a sleep; he started to have a nightmare.

In his dream, he was in the swimming pool which was full of blood. He was trying to swim forward, but he couldn't because of the sticky blood. He was very sad and miserable. Suddenly, one big guy in rainbow colors came to the pool and started to suck the whole blood. The boss passed out for several hours and woke up at a strange place.

After recovering himself, the boss started to have different feeling toward colors. As soon as he got home, he began to look for the clothes that he put in a warehouse; he put them there because they were not red. Every morning, whenever he tried to wear stuffs in red, he kept thinking of the rainbow guy. After that strange and yucky dream, he changed. The change started to appear by the way he wear clothes and other items; moreover, as his stuffs changed, his personality started to become different.

He is originally a very weak and shy person, but he has been just pretending to be stonger than anyone else in red stuffs. However, after the incident, he made up his mind to admit the way he is. Whether he was frustrated or not, he just faced himself naturally by trying on clothes in various colors. The age of red clothes was gone. He isn't "Red Boss" anymore. He began to be called "Honesty Boss" because he knew how to accept himself. Now the story of the "Red Boss" became a famous legend in his town and it encouraged many people who are shy and quiet. Smile
eunjin39
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The worst happening today in the morning!

Post  jihyun on Wed Apr 02 2008, 17:21

" The worst happening today in the morning! "

by Jeong Seong-Yoon, Ghost writer, Moon Nam-Suk, Kim Young-Ah, Kim Ji-Yong, Park Bo-Yun, Park Ji-Hyun
qqqqqqqqqqqqq (sorry, plz tell me your name)

Yesterday night, As soon as I got home after work, I tried to find some food.

Because I was so starving -at least I felt like that- I tried to make some finger food quickly. However, I couldn't find any clean dishes eventhough I was looking for it for several minutes. Since I hadn't washed the dishes for weeks, there was no containers to cook. Finally I gave up looking for the dishes and washing the dishes, decided to eat out with my friends.

But, unfortunately, I couldn't get in touch with any of my friends. It was getting darker and darker and
I was almost dying for hunger, so I gave up calling and went out alone to find something to eat. I was too exhausted, so that it was very hard to walk properly. Anyway, I walked and walked along the street.
And then...?? I can't remeber anything. When I opend my eyes it was in the morning. I was in a very strange place where I have never seen it before. I looked around carefully and found out it was hospital.
I found myself wearing a cast all over my body. I was so shocked and screamed. But I lost my voice so nobody answered to me.

I tried to organize my thoughts. I could guess something bad had happend to me. Frankly speaking, I am a drug addicted man. To be honest at this monent, I have to admit that what I really needed yesterday was drugs, not food. Several weeks have passed since my drug seller didn't give me any of them. I was insane. I made illusion in my mind and I couldn't recognize real or imaginary situation at that moment. I thought as if I was held in hostage by some stranger. Anyway... Sometime later, a nurse and a doctor came to see me.
But as I said before, I couldn't move my body and make any voice.

I trie to move my face muscles in order to give them some kind of signals. Fortunately I was able to blink my eyes. When the nurse saw my blinking eye, having remembered the similar patients' case shown on the TV, she came back with a sketch book and a pen. She quickly wrote alphabets on it. Then she said, "I'll go over the alphabets and you blink your eyes once when you want me to stop. I'll help you spell words you want to say, alright?" So, we started to talk in this way.

I asked her what had exactly happend to me. She said, I had fainted in the road and a stranger had robbed of my belongings. Then, As it was too dark, a truck hit me by accident. How unlucky I am! The worst thing ever never is I can't remember any of these. A happy thing of a misfortune, somebody discovered me and called 911. She said that's why I am here, hospital. Her telling was a hair-raising story and I got a goose bumps. But do you know what is lucky? I am still alive!!! Also, I realized how wrong I was during my life. I thought god punished me as having been lazy and addicted to drugs. I took his punishment in a humble way. I promised god and myself that I am going to get a medical trement hard and if he gives me another chance to go back to normal life, I will do my best to live a better life. After all of these thinking, I fell in sleep again, but at this time
soundly and happily.

-----------------------------♡Thanks for reading♡-------------------------

Last edited by jihyun on Mon Apr 14 2008, 10:09; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : better looking)
jihyun
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"A Blind Date, how about it?"

Post  Jung Yoojin on Wed Apr 02 2008, 19:47

"A Blind Date, how about it?"

titled by BoYun Park

[with JiHyun Park, HyeJin Lee, Oksun Jeong, SungHan Bae, YuJin Lee, YooJin Jung]

A beautiful and sunny Sunday in spring, there is a female sitting alone at home. Not washing her face and undressed, she just watch TV blanky. It's me who deadly want to have a great boyfriend. Having boyfriend, why don't I have a blind date?

Suddenly I got a call from my best friend J who is good looking and has a very good shape. She told me she wanted to set me up with a rich guy. (Acting J has just broken up with her boyfriend after seeing each other for 2 years. She said she doesn't want to meet any man for a moment.) She asked me to come to R cafe at 6 this Thursday. She suggested me to meet a guy there.

What a fantastic news, isn't it? There was no need to hesitate! The time has come. Today is Monday, I have three days left. How lucky woman I am ! Thanks to J, I could have a blind date! hmm... What should I do first? get a massage on my face? or get a hairdo? get a new clothes? Oh~~I can't wait to see the guy!!

Three days after,
Oh... last night, I have been watching TV a lot, because I can't sleep for worrying the first fantastic impression. Anyway, I went to beauty saloon and I asked hairdresser to make my hairdo as much beautiful as he can. As I couldn't have much sleep last night, I was drowsing and my head started to fall a bit. Few minutes later when I woke up..... oh my GOD! What the XXXX going on my hair????? He cut my hair half long unevenly because of my drowsy knocking!

Oh my godness! Only 30 minutes left. What should I do? As soon as I went out of the beauty saloon, I tried to find store. I nearly could buy one hat which could cover my hair. I just run to the R cafe without thinking. Just not to be late..... When I arrived....

There was a guy sitting in the middle of the restaurant. He was wearing a gloamorous hat. I walked toward him with frustration. When he looked at me, he loved my hairstyle. I wondered why he said like that. hmm... I was curious why he was also wearing hat though. By the time he took off his hat, I saw that. I saw...He was bald!!
That's why he loves my clumsy hairstyle. He likes every person who aren't bald.

That was the last time I ever had a blind date. I never have had a boyfriend since then. It was a horrible time to me and the best experience to me. By virtue of my friend J, I could become two children mother. Yes, even though he was bald, he was rich and humorous. I think I had right choice, don't you think so? Haha, anyway, I am happy now. And I realize that appearance is nothing especially for your spouse. I met my soul mate who is my husband. And I am happy with my family now.
Jung Yoojin
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

what a nice superman~

Post  Jung Yoojin on Wed Apr 02 2008, 19:59

Ryu Jeong A wrote:Bae Sung Han, Lee Kyeong Im, Lee Yu Jin, Jung Yoo Jin, Kim Sun Young, Park Mi Hyun, Hwang Yun Kyung, Ryu Jeong A.

People always missed and respected superman, because they were able to learn what justice is, what they should do for their neighbors, etc. Even they sometimes dreamed meeting him in their dreams. Now, it's time for their dreams to come true. One day...

Superman happened to appear in Daegu. He really wanted to explain he wasn't a difficult person to meet. Unfortunately, however, he could speak English only. Whenever he tried to help and talk to Daegu citizens, he was refused because they were afraid to speak in English. So, he thought something went wrong in English education of Daegu.

Later he felt he should renovate English education in Daegu. So, he decided to meet the mayor of Daegu. Meeting him and his aides, superman talked about the seriousness of English education and said he wanted to help them. Then they made an agreement to educate citizens by developing new English education system. For the sake of solving that problem together, superman became a CEO of English Education corporation.

Superman's business was such a success, but he suddenly disappeared. He was seriously thinking about his gender identity. In fact, Superman always admired wonder woman's shinning tiara. So, he decided to get a surgery.

The superman became a woman. Now, superman doesn't exist any longer.

People in Daegu Education Department was very surprised to find that superman had gone. They tried to find him using every possible way. They even made a UCC of finding superman. One day, a woman called to the mayor and told him that she knew where he was and wanted to make an appearance on air.

Finally, the mayor met her on live TV show. Amazingly, she was the very wonder woman and really gorgeous than expected. She said the shocking story to the public, "Actually, superman always said he wanted to be a woman. While helping the others make their dreams come true, he found himself that he also could make his dream of becoming a woman come true and in the end he made it However, as you know, most of the people dislike and disrespect the trans genders. That's why he, no, no, now 'she' can't show up to the public." Even before ending her remark, there came a lot of encouraging messages on the web eagerly hoping the comeback of the super woman. Seeing this, the mayor politely requested her coming back to Daegu, saying, "I think they are already ready to meet and accept the new hero." With a determined look, the wonder woman removed her fake mask and outfits, and then a brilliant figure appears, super woman. 'Superman' returned at last, with a different but more attractive look.
Jung Yoojin
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Day I Met My Love-edited by Lee yujn

Post  Lee yujin on Wed Apr 02 2008, 20:01

Kim jinyoung, Park boyun, Park jihyun,Lee hyejin, Jung oksun, Bea sunghan,
Lee kyungim, Lee yujin

December 2005, I was told to go to a cafe as 3 pm. I was running a little bit late, so took a taxi and hurried myself. The only thing I knew about the man was his name and age. There he was, looking a little bit older than I expected and drinking much water looking quite nervous.

Smiling with gentle, I said hello and sat down. He was trying to say something, but he was a liitle bit shy. So, I asked him some questions about himself. At that moment, my stomach was rumbling, so I was embarrassed. However, that changes all the situations. He laughed and asked me " why don't we get out of this boring cafe and have the most delicious lunch?"

"Yes. Why not?" I said. So he and I got out of there and went to a luxurious restaurant which is nearby the cafe. We sat and looked into each other's eyes. There was a huge and strong spark between us. We both thought we were a perfect match made in heaven. For 5 minutes, we didn't talk anything.

The atmosphere of the restaurant eas so fantastic. I felt so happy. At that moment, I heard a man coming near our table. He was sweating so much, and trying to catch his breath for some time. He said to me "Excuse me but, are you Miss X?"
I said, "Yes?" wondering who this guy was. He said, "Sorry for being late. I'm Mr.Y from TripleX company."

"What the hell....?"said I to myself in low voice 'And who is this guy from?' I probably made come kind of joke or somebody set me up in this situation. There were loads of rational ideas around my head which started to ache a bit. I didn't expect this mess. He asked me to join us, which was getting more awkawd.

We were very embarrassed because of Mr. Y. However, fortunately, gentle man whom I fell in love with understood this situation. He was so generous. Because of his good manner, I opened my heart to him more and more.

I was confused wondering what was really happening here. Mr. Y asked me "who is this guy you are talking with? and why did you move to here without letting me know?"
I finally lost my temper and shouted him" What I really want to ask you is that!, Who are you? Why did you suddenly come up and disturb my date?!." Suddenly the man I met in the cafe hold my arm. He slowly started to say "I'm sorry... I'm not the one you were supposed to meet, " I was totally shocked , "When I saw you running into the cafe, I thought that you were the one I really wanted. I mustn't loose you....so i pretended and acted like Mr. Y you were supposed to meet."
I felt somthing in my heat. He is the one I've been looking for...
Lee yujin
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I think it's a funny story.

Post  Lee yujin on Wed Apr 02 2008, 20:09

Liz wrote:By Jeong Oksun, Bae Sunghan, Lee Kyeongim, Lee Yujin, Jung Yoojin, Kim Sunyoung, Park Mihyun, Hwang Yunkyoung

It was a bright and sunny day. I wouldn't get this kind of weather again in my entire life. It was also the day that I met J. She was sitting next to me and such a sweet girl that I'd always dreamed of. We were sitting in a car to the airport which was decorated with lots of flowers. We were heading for the island which had the most beautiful scenary in the world. My heart was beating rapidly for excitement.

After we arrived at the island, we had a great lunch and enjoyed sunshine walking along the beach. I was so sure that we would fall in love. Everything was so perfect to be true.

Suddenly it started to rain heavily with thunderstorm. We had no place to get away from the rain. She got wet and started to shiver. I came up with an idea of making her a special umbrella. However, no matter how I made them, she threw them right away. She didn't like any of them.

How could she do this to me! I couldn't stand it any longer. I hate people make me angry. So I stabbed her several times with the very knife that I used for making the umbrellas and threw the body away in the ocean. That night, I was arrested by interpol. I couldn't understand how they found me that quickly. We were isolated in this island. Were we not alone?

I would escape from this island! One of the police officers, who was female, fell in love with me at first sight. I knew it wasn't right to use her feeling but I persuaded her to help me run away. However, she was murdered by her co-worker, ex-boyfriend. He was so annoyed to find out that she had feelings for me and lost his temper while they were arguing.

I was locked in a room for days, but they didn't find any evidence of accusing me. Finally, I would get my freedom back, I would be released, today.

Now, I'm home. It took quite a long time to figure out what had happened to me. I thought I was a human but I wasn't. I was just a brand new cyborg which could think and feel. J was my master and I was supposed to protect her. On the contrary, I killed her. Then the alarm system in my body alerted the interpol. That's how they found me. The manufacturer recalled me to find out what caused this fatal error and my body is falling apart into pieces. After all, I survived from the island.

with your excllent editing, this sotry became more intersting
Lee yujin
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What the Rule NO.1 ?

Post  Ji-eun on Wed Apr 02 2008, 20:55

Titled by Jang Deuk-Ju

wrriten by Jung Mi-Jin / Kim Eun-jung / Kim Ji-young / Joo un-jin / Kim bo-yeum / Kim Hyo-jin / Jung Ji-eun

There were two pretty girls at the same class of the same schoo. They always said that they were good friends each other and were together anywhere. And both of them were very popular with other students because of their beauty.

A boy transfered to this schoo. He was tall, handsome, smart and from a very rich family. All of the girls in the school liked him. But he was a little arrogant. Oe of the two pretty girls wanted to be a girl friend of him, and the other hated him because of his arrogance.

Then, the boy, named Tom and the girls, Sally and Cindy cam to attend the same class, so they made friends with each other But there was a problem. Sally liked Tom from the beginning, but it seemed like Tom was not interested in her at all. Rather, Tom was more interested in the other girl, Cindy, who didn't like Tom at first because she thought he was arrogant.

Finally, Tom deciede to propose Cinty, although she wasn't familiar with him. But that day, he overheard his mom say that Cindy was his sister and he was destined to marry Sally. How shocking it was! And what did fortune do to them? He couldn't accept that and told her mom what had happened to him. His mother was shocked also. She wanted to keep it a secret that Tom had another sister.

Even though Cindy is Tom's sister, he couldn't accpet it. It makes him hurt his heard. He cried every night, couldn't eat anything. So his mom also worried about him. Fortunately, his mom suggested good solution to him.

Tom's mom had hard time as well watching his agony. So she suggedted asking Cindy out first and going out with her if she likes him. And in case they got into deel love, they could leave their own contry. Tom agreed to his mom's opinion. He had to find out what was in Cindy's mind.

He prepared lots of things for Cindy. He had to get her love for both of them. At that day, they met finally, and Tom said everything to her honestly. Cindy was almost faint at the first time, of course it was really big deal to handle for her. But fortunately, she accepted him, too. They made a decision to leave their own country. They chosed the way to be happy for them. They made their destiny by themsleves and have a happy ending forever.
Ji-eun
Flyer
Flyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

" My Dear Grandmother"

Post  Kang Eunmi on Wed Apr 02 2008, 20:57

Witten by Kim Sunyoung, Park Mihyun, Hwang Yunkyoung, Ryu Jeonga, Park Bongkyung, Lee Pilsu, Bae Haesol, Kang Eunmi

My Dear Grandmother

I have a wonderful grander who is over 100 years old. She is amazingly healthy and young. I like her very much.

If people ask me why I like her, I can give them millions of reasons. But the most important reason is this; She is my grandmother. I'm very happy to have such a wise grandmother. She is my friend, teacher, mother and grandmother.

I still live with my grandma. She still cares for her grandsons and daughters. Sometimes, I and my grandma go to play bingo games. There, many people ask me if she is my mother. Then I tell them just she is my sister.

One day, taking my kids to school, I went back to school expecting a nice happy chat with my grandma. I rang the door bell and opened the front door. There stood a strange woman that I had never seen before. I wondered who this woman was. I asked her " Excuse me, who are you? Have you seen my grandma?" Then the lady answered, "Oh, my sweet little puppy, I'm your grandma. Are you joking? Did you take kids to school?" What had happened to her and to me? I had no idea who she was. Something weird very spooky things must have happened.

So I asked her several questions to see if she is really my grandmother. In the beginning I thought she is a crazy woman saying that she is my grandmother. But as I asked her many family-related questions, she answered them all correctly. She even remember that I had a scar in my leg that I had got from being beaten bu a dog. Amazingly she remembered everything from beginning to the end. I looked at her face closely. Surely, she resembled my mother and me.

But she looked so much younger that her age. I was so confused. Smiling brightly, my grandmother started explaining. The Story was like this; when my mom was killed by the car accident, my grand mother was there too. But both my mom and grandmother got killed. My grandmother and my mom were so sad that they couldn't go to the haven. So they decided to take care of me. That's why there were my mom and my grandmother always. They are ghost!

Actually I know that my story sounds a little weird. But I can feel their love wherever I am like the air. I just feel that I had a sweet dream of them. Even though my mom and grandmother are with me as ghosts, I love them so much. Even, I can trust them more than anyone who are around me. For this reason, I'm the most happiest person in the world. Are you guys with these kinds of people all the time, huh?
Kang Eunmi
Flyer
Flyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

nice writing!

Post  Kim Jin-Young on Wed Apr 02 2008, 20:58

kiera wrote:How to Get Along with a Stranger

by Ji-Hyun Park, Hye-Jin Lee, Ok-Sun Jeung, Sung-han Bae, Kyeong-Jin Lee, Yu-Jin Lee, Yoo-Jin Jung and Sun-Young Kim.

It's really difficult to get along with strangers. The first thing you should do is to memorize some jokes to break the ice between you and a stranger. Once you have some small talk and break the ice with him/her, you'll feel less stressful about getting along with strangers. The second one you should do is to be open-minded. Since we're all human being, we all have something common.

First of all, Start talking with some questions like "What a nice weather!" , "What do you usually do on weekends?"" or "I've been to Japan. Have you ever been to any foreign countries?". This could be one of the safest way to start conversation. Then you can find that the strangers who you are talking with and yourself are getting to feel more comfortable.

However, there is a subtle difference between man and woman in choosing the conversation topics. Here are some additional tips for starting conversation, especially for man. For example, woman and man have different point of views. If man wants to get along with a woman, just start with her favorite things, which man must get information at the beginning of conversation. Relatively, woman are interested in the emotional and detail subjects such as cooking or happiest time, something like that.

Secondly, you should be more open-minded when you first start a conversation with a stranger. Here is an interesting episode. One day, a woman has a chance to get along with a stranger, a beautiful woman. In order to break the ice, she says something emotional. Unfortunately, the beautiful woman doesn't seem to understand what she says and doesn't feel interested at all. She gets embarrassed. Actually, the beautiful girl was man in the past and even worse, she is not able to hear because of illness.

She is really angry with this beautiful girl, because she doesn't know about the girl's secrets. She is so upset, so she hits the girl. The girl calls the police, but it takes a long time for the police to arrive.

So these two people inevitably tries breaking the ice, now in a different way. She finds that the beautiful girl is unable to hear so she apologizes to the girl for hitting her. The girl accepts her apology and introduces herself again through writing. Now, she realizes that the girl is a transgender and she is a good person, and they become friends.

As you can see, breaking the ice is the most important thing when you met a stranger. In order to interact with a stranger better, you should choose normal and safe topics. You can prepare a common jokes or a small talk about weather. In addition, you should be more open-minded since there are various kinds of people in different situations. That is, breaking the ice should be based on understanding with each other. I hope these tips should be helpful for you.

- The End -

This writing is so useful to anyone who wants to be sociable. Actually I'm not that kind of person but just try to be. I think that all men are likely to feel the same way even if there are some degree of individual differences in them. In this respect, all those comments are really beneficial to most students. Thanks for giving it and make it well connected!
Kim Jin-Young
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

good story!

Post  Kim Jin-Young on Wed Apr 02 2008, 21:23

Lee yujin wrote:Kim jinyoung, Park boyun, Park jihyun,Lee hyejin, Jung oksun, Bea sunghan,
Lee kyungim, Lee yujin

December 2005, I was told to go to a cafe as 3 pm. I was running a little bit late, so took a taxi and hurried myself. The only thing I knew about the man was his name and age. There he was, looking a little bit older than I expected and drinking much water looking quite nervous.

Smiling with gentle, I said hello and sat down. He was trying to say something, but he was a liitle bit shy. So, I asked him some questions about himself. At that moment, my stomach was rumbling, so I was embarrassed. However, that changes all the situations. He laughed and asked me " why don't we get out of this boring cafe and have the most delicious lunch?"

"Yes. Why not?" I said. So he and I got out of there and went to a luxurious restaurant which is nearby the cafe. We sat and looked into each other's eyes. There was a huge and strong spark between us. We both thought we were a perfect match made in heaven. For 5 minutes, we didn't talk anything.

The atmosphere of the restaurant eas so fantastic. I felt so happy. At that moment, I heard a man coming near our table. He was sweating so much, and trying to catch his breath for some time. He said to me "Excuse me but, are you Miss X?"
I said, "Yes?" wondering who this guy was. He said, "Sorry for being late. I'm Mr.Y from TripleX company."

"What the hell....?"said I to myself in low voice 'And who is this guy from?' I probably made come kind of joke or somebody set me up in this situation. There were loads of rational ideas around my head which started to ache a bit. I didn't expect this mess. He asked me to join us, which was getting more awkawd.

We were very embarrassed because of Mr. Y. However, fortunately, gentle man whom I fell in love with understood this situation. He was so generous. Because of his good manner, I opened my heart to him more and more.

I was confused wondering what was really happening here. Mr. Y asked me "who is this guy you are talking with? and why did you move to here without letting me know?"
I finally lost my temper and shouted him" What I really want to ask you is that!, Who are you? Why did you suddenly come up and disturb my date?!." Suddenly the man I met in the cafe hold my arm. He slowly started to say "I'm sorry... I'm not the one you were supposed to meet, " I was totally shocked , "When I saw you running into the cafe, I thought that you were the one I really wanted. I mustn't loose you....so i pretended and acted like Mr. Y you were supposed to meet."
I felt somthing in my heat. He is the one I've been looking for...

This story started from me, which means I only wrote the title. With this reason, I feel like to reading it. Actually this title didn't come out of my own idea, but Jason's. I'm glad to read this story. The embarrassed event is so unexpected and unusual.

As my elder sister has been fixed up with a man, I heard from her that a certain guy had several appointments for the purpose of finding out the perfect woman in a day, even in the same cafe! Anyway, if I were the girl, I would meet two guys one by one. Is it somewhat ridiculous? There's no 100% possibility that the right guy is perfect match for you instead of the other guy. As far as I have a chance to, I would do it.
Kim Jin-Young
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jangdj on Wed Apr 02 2008, 22:02

"Why Not ? Who cares? title by Bae hae sol
joined by Kang Eun Mi , Han kyung jae , Kim hyun jin, Yoo bin cha and Park sang young.

I fell in love with a handsome and sexy guy in New York . Actually my parents are very old school even in Korea , so that I coun not see any chance to get a boyfriend so far. bUT as soon as I touched downed in the Big Apple i got reaaly hot one. Who cares ? No survelliance cam from my mom and dad. We jumped into the bed at the very firsrt date. Do you think it's crazy. You may think I am the girl who gives the impression that just got out if everyone's bed. But it's not true , and who cares? We stated to live togther from the very next day we met.

Here is why you should do this. Hey check this out. This isn't something you can learn from the school. If you want to be a cool guy and cool girl in this cosmopolitan city just listen. First, I Had to check whetehr is belong to this planet earth. No wants to have relationship with alien . Next I was penniless . In Nw York, being short of money is no joke.

If you choosed to live alone , you need much money to spend. So sharing the flat with roomate is
good way to save your money. You can spend more time with your be-loved guy as well.
That's the great thing. Unlike Korea, in weatern culture living together is not a taboo . It's part of thier life style and I like it.

Besides these money things, you won't be lonely, because you have someone to talk and someone who is going to listen to you . And you will learn how to cope with typical wife and husband problem.

The another boy I met was not a blue -eyed. He was student of high profile college and koean like me. He was a diffrent from other dudes I met before. I could not take my eyes off him.

So I made up my mind to apprached to him. Yes I came to him . We started to live together in a small apartment. We had lovely days in this city. But , one day I woke up at deep night . I heard somone mummering in the nextroom . I saw him running in the air with his eyes cloesd. He was trying to contact to outside. What the hack.. MIB WAS NOT joke?
jangdj
Mover
Mover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Jason Renshaw on Wed Apr 02 2008, 22:06

Oksun wrote:No More Happy Endings ~!
written by Kim Hyojin,Moon Namsuk, Kim Youngah, Kim Jinyoug,Park Boyun, Park Jihyn and Lee Hyejin

Everybody likes "happy ending"story in real life or even soap operas on TV. It's like everybody's hope in their lives, so we wish main actor and actress can get together even if they met with an accident or some difficulties.

Sometimes we are told the saying,"No pain, No gain." So perhaps many people like "happy ending" much more after they experienced some bad things. But I think "happy ending" is a little boring idea in a movie or soap operas. Even a korean movie "Happy Enging" didn't show real happy ending.

Therefore ,we need something opposite to "happy ending" like pitiful lives or psychotic stories. These kinds of movies really sound interesting to us. Like "Prison Break", there is a movie which has a lot of brutal scenes. Despite those bad things, most of viewers are crazy about it. Many critics question the morality of those topics, though.

By the way, korean TV dramas and movies tend to be made in a quite different way . They let the viewers choose and make the story. Whenever they needed next stories or synopses, they would ask viewers on phones or by internet to make a decision. So all dramas and movies turned out quite crazy , depending on how koreans are feeling or thinking during those votes(votes about the next episode.)

But you know what? People started to blame the writer for being undecisive. Now people want to have a special story which is based on the writer's creative work, not on public opinions. What do you think the writers should do? Which one is better? To keep asking audience or do on their own? We need to find a solution, without spending much money getting that answer. I'm of the opinion that it's up to the writer's creativity.

Yes. Writers should be as creative as possible. When we watch TV dramas or see movies, we can easily notice what's going on, what will happen next ,who will be dead and who will be happy in the end. We don't want to see boring and obvious endings anymore. I mean, we are sick and tired of some thing like " ~~lived happily ever after."

Writers! Try to think outside of the box. You can be very imaginative and amazing writers. Do not rely on featuring famous actors and actresses for making a big hit.

Managing Director: www.onlinEnglish.Net
Author: http://www.boostskillsseries.com
Weblog: http://jasonrenshaw.typepad.com
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

so interesting. :)

Post  Kim Jin-Young on Wed Apr 02 2008, 22:08

Lee Pilsu wrote:"The Best Birthday Party in Life"

(Jung Yoo-jin, Kim Sun-young, Park Mi-hyun, Hwang Yun-kyoung, Ryu Jeong-a, Park Bong-kyeong)

There was a lovely house in a deep forest. It was decorated with very delicious biscuits and chocolate. I had lived there for twenty years with my mom and dad. It was a Sunday morning, and it was also my birthday. All of the animals in the forest came to my birthday party.

Since I was five, I've always wanted to communicate with animals. But it seems to be very difficult to learn animals language. I picked up only a few phrases. But still I couldn't understand a thing when the animals speak each other. My parents, however, were excellent at speaking animal's language. It was a complete mystery to me how come they are good at it while I am not.

It was sad that I couldn't speak animal's language. I was the only one who couldn't. Although all the animals in the neighborhood came over to my place to celebrate my birthday, I couldn't talk with them. They approached to me, giving me presents, saying "blablabla", which I interpreted as "Happy Birthday" from the context of speaking. Although I was so happy to receive gifts from them, I couldn't continue the conversation with them no longer. All the words they were speaking sounded like all the same "blablabla." If I turn this way, I could hear "blabla", and if I turn that way, another "blablabla"

What on earth those "blabla" mean? With no one to talk to, I felt alone. I decided to hide in the closet. When they find that I was missing, they will feel sorry for neglecting me. That's what I thought. I was not just pretending. I was really lonely, indeed. However the closet I was in was so dark and smelled bad. What's worse I found myself locked inside. I got puzzled. I let out a cry and called for help. No one came. Soon I got tired and fell asleep, murmuring to myself "blablablabla"

In my dream, a big black pig came over me and asked me what presents I wanted to be given. So I preyed to him, 'Please, let me also have the special ability to talk with the other animals.' Then surprisingly the big black pig turned to a small white pig. At that moment, I felt somebody shaking me and I woke up. It was just a dream.

It was my mom who found me. I went to the dinner table with my mom. On that table I saw the exactly same white pig that I had seen in my dream. 'What a coincidence,' I said to myself. When my mom was trying to cut the pig with a sharp knife, I called out at top of my voice to my mom, "Please, don't eat it, mom. It's the pig I've seen in my dream. it had promised to give me the power to communicate with animals." After hearing my explanation, my dad who was the best animal language speaker ever, had a surprised look on his face. He was awe-struck, his eyes and mouth wide open. I couldn't get why he was so surprised like that. I continued explaining my dream and now all the animals turned to me with the same shocked expression on their faces. I still couldn't understand why. My mother came to me and said, "How did you become so fluent in animal's language all of sudden?" Now my father said, "You were explaining your dream, or whatsoever, in ANIMAL'S LANGUAGE." Now the animals all chorused rejoicingly, "Miracle Happened. This Kid Now Speaks Our Language"

I was jumping with joy. After several years listening to animal's language, I had thought I failed to learn it. Now all over sudden, it paid off and I can speak the language as well as understanding it. It wasn't for nothing that I was exposed to animal's speaking "blablabla" for the painfully long time.

At 11 in the evening, when every guest returned to their home, I lied down on my stomach on my bed, thinking the unbelievable change in me. I thought about the white pig that changed from the black pig in my dream. Maybe the color "dark" means that I can't understand the animal's language, and "white" means that I got enlightened from my ignorance. Before go to sleep I broke off a white chocolate instead of black one from my bed which was all made of chocolate, and popped it into my mouth and smiled. 'Well, at first I thought today was the worst birthday in my life, but turned out to be the best birthday party in my life.'

It's related to a animal language. I thought the reason this story is so interesting to all of us is that we usually imagine what happened in the story. In other words, it reminds me of cartoons which is just like one I watched every Sunday early morning before my entering elementary school. It was my all during my childhood.

Sometimes, I felt in the same way. I like little kids, specially newly born babies. With holding a baby in my arms, I would like to talk with him or her and understand his murmuring sounds. If it happened, It could be so funny. You know, their sayings are absurd or unexpectable. Anyway it's just my own imagination. It was a fun time to enjoy it!
Kim Jin-Young
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Renshaw on Wed Apr 02 2008, 22:13

kim young-ah wrote:Titled by Kim Ji-Young, Written by Joo Un-Jin, Kim Bo-Yeun, Kim Hyo-Jin,Jung Ji-Eun, Jung Sung-Yoon, Moon Nam-Suk and Kim Young-Ah.

One day, I met a magician. He said, "I'll give you anything that you want. But you must keep it a secret." First I laughed at him and thought he was making fool of me. I just said, "Be my servant." I was just joking , thinking he was very strange. But he was so serious and said, "OK. I will be your servant. But you must not tell it to anybody."

And he said to me, "If you reveal the secret, you have to be my servant and you should do whatever I want." "OK. Sure. No problem." I said. I wanted the magician to make everything that I wanted. As time went by, I felt that the magic was not interesting any more to me, so I decided to become a magician, thinking that I could do anything and get anything including a servant.

So, I called the magician and asked him " Hey, servant! I want to be a magician just like you. Can you help me?" Then, he seemed to be thinking about it for a second and accepted it. But he suggested to me one condition.

"Of course, I can make you a magician. But, you have to go to the HOGWARTS school and study there. You know why? It is the time to follow your destiny. You were destined to be a great magician, Harry Potter!" I couldn't say anything in front of him. Am I Harry Potter?

"Yes. " he said. "Even though I go to HOGWARTS school alone, and if I got the more magic power and I were a magician, it wouldn't matter to me at all." I thought. "OK! I'll try but what if I go there with my best friend. I'm afraid of the loneliness."

"That's one of your duties that you have to overcome." he said. I was quite curious about that, but I wasn't quite sure whether I could handle this situation alone at the same time. Therefore I called my best friend to get her opinion after thinking about it for several days. She said that she'd be willing to go with me because she knew very well how scared I would be in my being alone. Suddenly, the magician appeared, and said "OK. You've my servant from now."

At the moment, I was at a loss. As soon as I became his servant, I was made to catch up with him, to run with a bus, to clean up his laboratory, etc..... Finally, I had the difficulties done, as he ordered. But, without knowing myself, I had already arrived at HOGWARTS school and I had finished the magic course. What happened to my best friend? Nowhere she was. I cried and cried. Just then someone hit my back. She was....
She was.... my MOM. "Why don't you get up and wash your face? Be late for school. Hurry up!" All was a dream. Ha ha ha.

Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Renshaw on Wed Apr 02 2008, 22:20

Bae Sung-han wrote:
Unexpected Day
(titled by Lee Kyeong-im)

(Yu-jin Lee, Yoo-jin Jung, Sun-young Kim, Mi-hyun Park, Yun-kyoung Hwang, Ok-sun Jeong, Sung-han Bae)

I woke up late in the morning, feeling very tired. I called mom, but there was no answer. I also called my brother, no answer, either. I came to realize that there wasn't anyone in the house. I looked up the clock which was hanging in the dining room, but it was gone. I thought someone must have stolen everything in the house except for the bed I had been lying.
HOW IT COULD BE POSSIBLE!

Then, suddenly a handsome and gorgeous guy appeared in front of me. and he asked me, "Would you like to marry me?" How odd he was! At the first sight, he gave me a propose, kneeling before me. My mind tried to say, "No, not at all," but my mouth was moving in a different way I'd like to respond. In a split second, I was saying, "Yes, I would. I'd love to." And I followed him to his place. As a matter of fact, he was the prince of a mysterious world, who was awesome and handsome.

However, something happened to us. it was a bit cloudy all day and at last in the later afternoon it started to rain slightly. And the drops was hitting this windows upon the ceiling. It was after the thunder splashed in the air of dark night. The handsome prince began to scream like the roar of lion and changed into a poorly old, ugly man. He tried to covered his appearance with his arms, stepping backward to avoid my eyes. And then, "I'm so sorry,” said he like he talked to himself. He mumbled, "I, actually, was cursed by a witch who he had dated with." But I could hear him as enough as I said to myself.

Poor prince... I wanted to help him to regain his appearance, so that I firmly told him, "I will meet the witch to figure out what you have got." I, by myself, went to the witch's place where was located in the suburb of the town. It wasn't far way from the castle. It took 2 day horse-riding time for me to get there. The place which the prince directed me to get there wasn't not worse than I had expected. I walked slowly to the door and knocked three times. There was no response and I knocked again. But no answer again. But I could feel something behind. It was a bit spooky somehow, but not bad though. The witch was behind me, clearing her throat and saying to me,
"Who are you? What brought you here?"
I'd like to be straight, so I asked her why she had done to the prince and how much he was suffering.
And then, her response was not different from what I had expected. After discussing, she told me that the prince was a playboy.

And she explained that all he says was lie. She also went through the same experience as mine. Long time ago, when she had woken up in her own house, there had been nothing left in it. And suddenly he had appeared. He even proposed to her. During the conversation, I could feel the anger growing up to my brain and decided to revenge him.

On my way back to the castle, I was thinking about how I could revenge him effectively. The prince appeared and said,
"How did it go? Did you meet the witch?"
"Yes," I said, "Straight with you, I love you but I can't marry you."
"Why not?" he asked me with surprise and suspicion.
"She doesn't want me to get married to you. She still loves you." I mentioned as if I had felt disappointed and there had been nobody helping.
"No way," he cried.
After that, I tried to run away from him, but I couldn't move at all.
At the moment, I heard my mom calling my name.
"Alice, are you still sleeping?"

When I opened my eyes in my own bed, looked around my room and found out what I had dreamt of, I was so relieved. My pyjama was totally soaked with much of sweat and my body seemed to have no energy left, so I put my head on my pillow again. My face was a bit smiling with relief, hearing from mom's calling for me to get up once again. I moved my body up, thinking not to have such a horrible dream and a disgusting man in a real world.
It was a brightly sunny day, with the birds singing around out of the window nearby my bed.

- The End -

Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why did I paint my nails in dark brown?

Post  sunnypine on Wed Apr 02 2008, 22:48

Yoojin Jung, Sunyoung Kim, Mi-hyun Park, Yunkyoung Hwang, JeongA Ryu, Bongkung Park, Pilsu Lee, and Haesol Bae

It was a great day. The sun was shining brightly. However, the sky became gray and it started pouring heavily. On the way to my aunt’s house, I was caught in a shower.

Geez… I hate rain. I decided to go back. When I got home, it became sunny. What a strange day!

Oh my goodness! I forgot to bring my key and my cell-phone has no battery. Things are getting worse and I’m getting angrier. I didn’t know where to go, so I decided to keep walking until it gets dark.

While walking through the deep forest, I found a small cabin that was smashed. The door was open and, in the living room, there was a dark brown liquid on the floor. It was so messy that I thought I had to take off my shoes. The liquid was so sticky when I was wandering around in the cabin. Finally, there I found a squeaky door.

I opened the door. There was a lot more of that dark liquid on the floor. I felt the urge to touch it and figure out what the substance was. Carefully, I tipped the floor with my finger. Oh! The color was so beautiful that I put more of the liquid on my nails. It goes really well with my fingers. It was a natural nail polish. While I was in a rapture satisfied with the color, I heard a “bang!” from behind my back. My heart pounded so loudly, but I couldn’t turn around. I had to…

…look at who hit me from behind, but I instead fainted. When I finally woke up I found myself lying in my bedroom. My parents were looking at me with worrying eyes. I was told that I had been asleep for three days. Was it just a nightmare that I went to a strange house and touched the brown liquid and was hit by someone? I thought I just had a bad dream, but I realized it was real because my clothes were covered with that brown liquid. What happened? Who was it?

I was so curious that I had to ask to my mom. When I asked those questions, my mom looked so worried about me. She said I got hit by a car in the corner of the street. Fortunately, it was not a big accident so I didn’t get hurt so much. But the thing is I didn’t get hurt from the car but I got hurt on my fingers by broken glass pieces when I was lying down on the street because of the accident. I was bleeding from my fingers now it became a brownish color after it dried on my fingers. And I thought that was the sticky brown liquid from the dream. It was still really strange day…

sunnypine
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Renshaw on Wed Apr 02 2008, 23:13

Liz wrote:By Jeong Oksun, Bae Sunghan, Lee Kyeongim, Lee Yujin, Jung Yoojin, Kim Sunyoung, Park Mihyun, Hwang Yunkyoung

It was a bright and sunny day. I wouldn't get this kind of weather again in my entire life. It was also the day that I met J. She was sitting next to me and such a sweet girl that I'd always dreamed of. We were sitting in a car to the airport which was decorated with lots of flowers. We were heading for the island which had the most beautiful scenary in the world. My heart was beating rapidly for excitement.

After we arrived at the island, we had a great lunch and enjoyed sunshine walking along the beach. I was so sure that we would fall in love. Everything was so perfect to be true.

Suddenly it started to rain heavily with thunderstorm. We had no place to get away from the rain. She got wet and started to shiver. I came up with an idea of making her a special umbrella. However, no matter how I made them, she threw them right away. She didn't like any of them.

How could she do this to me! I couldn't stand it any longer. I hate people make me angry. So I stabbed her several times with the very knife that I used for making the umbrellas and threw the body away in the ocean. That night, I was arrested by interpol. I couldn't understand how they found me that quickly. We were isolated in this island. Were we not alone?

I would escape from this island! One of the police officers, who was female, fell in love with me at first sight. I knew it wasn't right to use her feeling but I persuaded her to help me run away. However, she was murdered by her co-worker, ex-boyfriend. He was so annoyed to find out that she had feelings for me and lost his temper while they were arguing.

I was locked in a room for days, but they didn't find any evidence of accusing me. Finally, I would get my freedom back, I would be released, today.

Now, I'm home. It took quite a long time to figure out what had happened to me. I thought I was a human but I wasn't. I was just a brand new cyborg which could think and feel. J was my master and I was supposed to protect her. On the contrary, I killed her. Then the alarm system in my body alerted the interpol. That's how they found me. The manufacturer recalled me to find out what caused this fatal error and my body is falling apart into pieces. After all, I survived from the island.

Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Renshaw on Wed Apr 02 2008, 23:19

Ji Young, Kim wrote:
THE TWO PEOPLE FALLING IN LOVE

(Titled by Han Kyung-Jae. Written by Kim Hyun-Jin, Cha Yoo-Bin, Park Sang-Yong, Jang Deuk-Ju, Jeong Mi-Jin, Kim Eun-Jung, Kim Ji-Young)

The girl and the guy were just friends at first. Maybe they didn't know each other well at the beginning of the semester. One day, the weather was so nice that the girl was reading a book, sitting on a bench by the lake. One of her habits was shaking her legs when she was reading. So, as usual she was shaking her legs, and then one of her shoes accidently fell down into the lake. She was just looking at her shoe without knowing what to do. Then, a guy came to see her situation.

The man was very brave. He jumped into the lake without any hesitation and picked it up for her. The girl said very sweetly "Thank you," and her face became red with shyness. The girl wanted to know more about him.

The guy was tall, strong and handsome. Besides, he seemed to have a good personality. The two came to have a nice conversation about this and that, and at around 6 pm, the guy told her that he should leave her. Actually he had a very important class at 6 on Thursday, which was Jason's Practical English class in KNU.

For her entire life, it seemed like she had no right time for a man. When priority was the matter, making a boyfriend was not in her list. Moreover, she always considered herself 'Ugly Betty,' (and actually she was.) so she never thought of having a boyfriend seriously. But this time was really different. She wanted to make the guy interested in her. "Things should be changed now." Determined, she rushed to the classroom and could find the guy sitting in the very first row. "I'd better move now."

She thought, "It's the right time to put the magic pinky lotion on my face to make him have a crush on me." Actually, she had a magic cosmetic stuff that could make her ugly face really beautiful within a second. She was very excited and took the thing out of her bag in a hurry. And then She applied that lotion over her face.

Immediately she was transformed to a very attractive woman. She approached the guy and said, "Hello." Surprised, he said "I didn't expect to meet you here. Glad to see you again. What about having a cup of coffee in a near cafe after class?" She said, "I'm glad to." She came to a seat in the back and Jason came. During class, she couldn't concentrate on the lecture, thinking of him.

After class, they went to the nearest coffee shop and had a sincere talk over coffee. The guy was so perfect that he seemed like the one that the girl had been waiting for her entire life. And the girl also looked so cool and charming to the guy. However, it was not her pretty face that fascinated him. It was the way she saw the world around her, the way she talked, and the way she smiled. After an hour or so, the guy started thinking, "There is something great about her. I might fall in love with this cute girl."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the end of the story about how the two people first met and fell in love with each other. And there's one more thing to tell you before wrapping up the story. After reading this story, now some of you might wonder, "Where can I find the magic pinky lotion to become an attractive girl (or guy) myself?" Do you want to know the real secret? Actually, there is no such a thing in the world. Then, what really made the girl in the story charming and beautiful? You may already know the answer if you have met the person of your fate.

Actually the two were made for each other, and that's why they looked amazingly attractive to each other. The girl thought that the guy was more handsome than Brad Pitt, and the guy thought he was so lucky to meet a girl who exactly looked like Angelina Jolie. If you find the girl or the guy who is destined for you as in the story, she or he never fails to recognize you and your true beauty. Razz

Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

How beautiful the story is!!!

Post  jihyun on Thu Apr 03 2008, 05:27

Lee Pilsu wrote:"The Best Birthday Party in Life"

(Jung Yoo-jin, Kim Sun-young, Park Mi-hyun, Hwang Yun-kyoung, Ryu Jeong-a, Park Bong-kyeong)

There was a lovely house in a deep forest. It was decorated with very delicious biscuits and chocolate. I had lived there for twenty years with my mom and dad. It was a Sunday morning, and it was also my birthday. All of the animals in the forest came to my birthday party.

Since I was five, I've always wanted to communicate with animals. But it seems to be very difficult to learn animals language. I picked up only a few phrases. But still I couldn't understand a thing when the animals speak each other. My parents, however, were excellent at speaking animal's language. It was a complete mystery to me how come they are good at it while I am not.

It was sad that I couldn't speak animal's language. I was the only one who couldn't. Although all the animals in the neighborhood came over to my place to celebrate my birthday, I couldn't talk with them. They approached to me, giving me presents, saying "blablabla", which I interpreted as "Happy Birthday" from the context of speaking. Although I was so happy to receive gifts from them, I couldn't continue the conversation with them no longer. All the words they were speaking sounded like all the same "blablabla." If I turn this way, I could hear "blabla", and if I turn that way, another "blablabla"

What on earth those "blabla" mean? With no one to talk to, I felt alone. I decided to hide in the closet. When they find that I was missing, they will feel sorry for neglecting me. That's what I thought. I was not just pretending. I was really lonely, indeed. However the closet I was in was so dark and smelled bad. What's worse I found myself locked inside. I got puzzled. I let out a cry and called for help. No one came. Soon I got tired and fell asleep, murmuring to myself "blablablabla"

In my dream, a big black pig came over me and asked me what presents I wanted to be given. So I preyed to him, 'Please, let me also have the special ability to talk with the other animals.' Then surprisingly the big black pig turned to a small white pig. At that moment, I felt somebody shaking me and I woke up. It was just a dream.

It was my mom who found me. I went to the dinner table with my mom. On that table I saw the exactly same white pig that I had seen in my dream. 'What a coincidence,' I said to myself. When my mom was trying to cut the pig with a sharp knife, I called out at top of my voice to my mom, "Please, don't eat it, mom. It's the pig I've seen in my dream. it had promised to give me the power to communicate with animals." After hearing my explanation, my dad who was the best animal language speaker ever, had a surprised look on his face. He was awe-struck, his eyes and mouth wide open. I couldn't get why he was so surprised like that. I continued explaining my dream and now all the animals turned to me with the same shocked expression on their faces. I still couldn't understand why. My mother came to me and said, "How did you become so fluent in animal's language all of sudden?" Now my father said, "You were explaining your dream, or whatsoever, in ANIMAL'S LANGUAGE." Now the animals all chorused rejoicingly, "Miracle Happened. This Kid Now Speaks Our Language"

I was jumping with joy. After several years listening to animal's language, I had thought I failed to learn it. Now all over sudden, it paid off and I can speak the language as well as understanding it. It wasn't for nothing that I was exposed to animal's speaking "blablabla" for the painfully long time.

At 11 in the evening, when every guest returned to their home, I lied down on my stomach on my bed, thinking the unbelievable change in me. I thought about the white pig that changed from the black pig in my dream. Maybe the color "dark" means that I can't understand the animal's language, and "white" means that I got enlightened from my ignorance. Before go to sleep I broke off a white chocolate instead of black one from my bed which was all made of chocolate, and popped it into my mouth and smiled. 'Well, at first I thought today was the worst birthday in my life, but turned out to be the best birthday party in my life.'

When I read this story, it seems like I am reading a fairy tale like the story " Hansel e Gretel ".
You know that they have a house which is made of biscuits and chocolate.

Anyway, as reading more and more, I became that boy who really want to speak animal language.
Everything has a metaphor!! The boy was me, the animal language is English and dreaming with pig is symbol of luck to be a fluent speaker of second language.
When I was a student (of course I am still student!^^;;Wink , one of my teacher said if I can dream my dreams in English, I can speak English fluently from that moment. Since then, I wish I had dreamed in English. unfortunately that incident never happened to me. How unlucky I am!! pale

I think every students have same idea with me. At the end of the story, I almost envy that boy!!
But this story make me have a dream again. From today, I am going to keep precious dream in my mind that on my this year's birthday, I can be a fluent English speaker as I wish. To make my dream come true, I have to
keep studying and practicing hard~ Good luck to me and to everyone!! Very Happy
jihyun
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spiderman Attached to the Airplane

Post  Kim Hyunjin on Thu Apr 03 2008, 05:32

Spiderman attached to the airplane.
written by Ryu Jeong-a,Park Bong-kyung,Lee Pil-su,Bae Hae-sol,Kang Eun-mi,
Cho Eun-jin,Han Kyung-Jae,Kim Hyun-jin

Today is a bid day in the history of human beings on the planet earth. As you know, we have a bunch of animated characters such as Batman, Superman, Zzanngu and so on. We've imagined these characters are in the cartoon only. However, it's reported that quite a lot of them have been witnessed in real life.
Philip was a 12-year-old boy who hated school. he didn't like all the teachers, but Ms Judy, who treated him kind and tried to talk with him whenever he was in trouble. One day, he was scolded by his homeroom teacher, Mr. Watson because he brought a frog hidden in his lunch bow and slipped it into a girl's bag. She found the frog and screamed with surprise.

Because he made his class scared, the teacher asked him to bring something funny as a punishment. He was so worried about his special assignment.
Philip began to think how he could make something funny for the class. Finally, he got the answer. He made his mind to give frogs to each classmates. He ordered morn than 100 frogs on the internet. The frog company sent the frogs by airplane to him in a week. He waited and waited. But the frogs weren't sent to Philip because the spiderman found the frogs when he was in airplane. The spiderman was really starving.

The hungry spiderman spreaded his spider web to catch frogs. The frogs started to sing noisy songs to survive. However, it didn't work well because he was half deaf. When he look at sad and ugly frogs, he lost his appetite, so he decided to kidnap and sell. After kidnapping, the frogs spiderman found something strange from them. They smelled terrible. They started to fart all together. It was super strong fart he had never smelled before.
So the spiderman stoped taking the frogs and let them be sent to the school at which Philip waited. A few days later, Philip got the frogs which he ordered and took them to the school. To make the students feel funny, he gave the frogs to each students. They were happy to get the present.
However, who knew the next thing! Suddenly, all the frogs stated to fart again. The gas is too disgusted to bear. Some children who were so week fainted on their seats and other children began to cry. The frogs made the classroom messy. In the meanwhile, the spiderman wondered how the bad smell frogs were dealt with. It was very hard to go to the school because it positioned quite far from him. As soon as he arrived at the school and saw some of students crying and fainting. He thought that they needed his help. Frankly speaking, he wasn't a kind person but a guilty feeling made him help them. He came to the classroom, stoping breathing and captured all the frogs which gave pain to children. Some noticed the spiderman shouted with pleasure and helped other friends to wake. They regarded him as Philip's something funny, even his homeroom teacher. The spiderman also got happiness which he had forgotten very long time ago. Students and their teacher deeply appreciated his kindness and said hello to him. The spiderman smiled at them, crossed between very tall trees, attached to an airplane and disappeared with the airplane.
Kim Hyunjin
Flyer
Flyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A bus has Kangaroos in the desert

Post  Mi Jin Jeong on Thu Apr 03 2008, 05:45

by Eunmi Kang, Eunjin Cho, Han Kyung Jae, Hyunjin Kim , Yoonbin Cha, Sangyung Park, Deukju Jang

Usually people think kangaroos are kangaroos. they think kangaroos are related to Austraila. Yes, it is. However, there is one thing that people should keep in mind; what they see is not everything. In this world, there are bunches of things that many people never imagined or expected. Would you believe if there is a bus which has kangaroos in desert?
Here is something you've never heard or seen before.

In the desert, there is a special bus which has many kangaroos in it. The bus always carries kangaroos and many other things which can stand for the desert. For example, sands, camels and the special plants thst stand for it. But there really exists...

If you still think that it is unbelievable, search the website, abuskangaroo.com, and you can find many photos of those.

Kangaroos are smart! They act like human beings. One day, boss kangaroo met a beautiful gril in a forest. She was driving her van . The boss kangaroo thought that it was cooool. He wanted to be look cool.

He said to her, "Hey, would you pick me up in your van? I am a handsome guy as you see. May I mave into your van? This bus has too many kangaroos, so it's too crowded and stuffy. Please show me your generiosity!" Then, the woman glimpsed of him.

"Sure, jump in."
In the middle of desert in the middle of day, their relationship has started accidentally.
"Where are you going? Going to family reunion on you got a conference in the west."
"Well, maybe if I make it, I can go to the family reunion.", she repied.
At that time, one big bag in the back seat catched his eyes. Too huge to carry...
"What's that?" Ha asked.
"It's C4."
"What?"
"Composition 4, Plastic bomb, I am going to rob the bank."
Mi Jin Jeong
Flyer
Flyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz on Thu Apr 03 2008, 08:40

eunjin39 wrote:The Mystery of the Red Boss cherry
Written by Mi-hyun Park, Yunkyoung Hwang, Jeonga Ryu, Bongkyung Park, Pilsu Lee, Haesol Bae, Eunmi Kang and Eunjin Cho

He is always gloomy and quiet. No one knows his real name, so we call him "Red Boss." I don't know when people started to call hime like that. However, one thing that I do know about this is he always has red stuffs like a red hat, a red cane, a red shirt, etc.

He is not insane, though. He just wears red one and has many red things. However, one day, he showed up wearing a pair of white shoes, and the other day, in a blue shirt. After changing all the stuffs that he had one by one, he broke with red.

The boss is not called "Red Boss" anymore. Not only the color of his items but also his personality has changed in a good way. Now he has smile on his face most of the time, and even he kindly say hello to his employees in the morning. How could a person like him turn into a totally different person? Everybody working for him wondered the reason why. However, they still coudn't figure it out. Whatever the reason, people loved him much better than before. What happened to him? It's a mystery.

There was a very important incident that changed his favorite color 'red' to others. One night after finishing work, he went out for drinking with his employees. On that day, he dressed himself with all red. After the gathering, he was walking home when he suddenly saw a cat staring at him on the wall. Since he was drunk and surprised to see the mysterious animal, he tripped over a stone and fainted. He fell into a sleep; he started to have a nightmare.

In his dream, he was in the swimming pool which was full of blood. He was trying to swim forward, but he couldn't because of the sticky blood. He was very sad and miserable. Suddenly, one big guy in rainbow colors came to the pool and started to suck the whole blood. The boss passed out for several hours and woke up at a strange place.

After recovering himself, the boss started to have different feeling toward colors. As soon as he got home, he began to look for the clothes that he put in a warehouse; he put them there because they were not red. Every morning, whenever he tried to wear stuffs in red, he kept thinking of the rainbow guy. After that strange and yucky dream, he changed. The change started to appear by the way he wear clothes and other items; moreover, as his stuffs changed, his personality started to become different.

He is originally a very weak and shy person, but he has been just pretending to be stonger than anyone else in red stuffs. However, after the incident, he made up his mind to admit the way he is. Whether he was frustrated or not, he just faced himself naturally by trying on clothes in various colors. The age of red clothes was gone. He isn't "Red Boss" anymore. He began to be called "Honesty Boss" because he knew how to accept himself. Now the story of the "Red Boss" became a famous legend in his town and it encouraged many people who are shy and quiet. Smile
I remember that I have struggled to write the first paragraph. Now, it turned into a very nice story!
Liz
Flyer
Flyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Afer reading this story..

Post  Kim Hyunjin on Thu Apr 03 2008, 08:56

Ji Young, Kim wrote:
THE TWO PEOPLE FALLING IN LOVE

(Titled by Han Kyung-Jae. Written by Kim Hyun-Jin, Cha Yoo-Bin, Park Sang-Yong, Jang Deuk-Ju, Jeong Mi-Jin, Kim Eun-Jung, Kim Ji-Young)

The girl and the guy were just friends at first. Maybe they didn't know each other well at the beginning of the semester. One day, the weather was so nice that the girl was reading a book, sitting on a bench by the lake. One of her habits was shaking her legs when she was reading. So, as usual she was shaking her legs, and then one of her shoes accidently fell down into the lake. She was just looking at her shoe without knowing what to do. Then, a guy came to see her situation.

The man was very brave. He jumped into the lake without any hesitation and picked it up for her. The girl said very sweetly "Thank you," and her face became red with shyness. The girl wanted to know more about him.

The guy was tall, strong and handsome. Besides, he seemed to have a good personality. The two came to have a nice conversation about this and that, and at around 6 pm, the guy told her that he should leave her. Actually he had a very important class at 6 on Thursday, which was Jason's Practical English class in KNU.

For her entire life, it seemed like she had no right time for a man. When priority was the matter, making a boyfriend was not in her list. Moreover, she always considered herself 'Ugly Betty,' (and actually she was.) so she never thought of having a boyfriend seriously. But this time was really different. She wanted to make the guy interested in her. "Things should be changed now." Determined, she rushed to the classroom and could find the guy sitting in the very first row. "I'd better move now."

She thought, "It's the right time to put the magic pinky lotion on my face to make him have a crush on me." Actually, she had a magic cosmetic stuff that could make her ugly face really beautiful within a second. She was very excited and took the thing out of her bag in a hurry. And then She applied that lotion over her face.

Immediately she was transformed to a very attractive woman. She approached the guy and said, "Hello." Surprised, he said "I didn't expect to meet you here. Glad to see you again. What about having a cup of coffee in a near cafe after class?" She said, "I'm glad to." She came to a seat in the back and Jason came. During class, she couldn't concentrate on the lecture, thinking of him.

After class, they went to the nearest coffee shop and had a sincere talk over coffee. The guy was so perfect that he seemed like the one that the girl had been waiting for her entire life. And the girl also looked so cool and charming to the guy. However, it was not her pretty face that fascinated him. It was the way she saw the world around her, the way she talked, and the way she smiled. After an hour or so, the guy started thinking, "There is something great about her. I might fall in love with this cute girl."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the end of the story about how the two people first met and fell in love with each other. And there's one more thing to tell you before wrapping up the story. After reading this story, now some of you might wonder, "Where can I find the magic pinky lotion to become an attractive girl (or guy) myself?" Do you want to know the real secret? Actually, there is no such a thing in the world. Then, what really made the girl in the story charming and beautiful? You may already know the answer if you have met the person of your fate.

Actually the two were made for each other, and that's why they looked amazingly attractive to each other. The girl thought that the guy was more handsome than Brad Pitt, and the guy thought he was so lucky to meet a girl who exactly looked like Angelina Jolie. If you find the girl or the guy who is destined for you as in the story, she or he never fails to recognize you and your true beauty. Razz

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was easy for me to read because the topic was very familar and interesting. Althouge there might be some persons who are sick of happy ending, I love it. This seems like a real story and presnted the specific situation and place such as the class time and professor's name etc. Also, it make me remind when I fell in love with my boyfriend at first. I think the story is consist in contents, though there were some fancy parts.
Kim Hyunjin
Flyer
Flyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forever Love

Post  Boyun Park on Thu Apr 03 2008, 09:22

I love you Forever Love I love you

Titled by BoYeun Kim

Written by HyoJin Kim, JiEun Jung, SeongYun Jeong, NamSuk Moon, YoungAh Kim, JinYong Kim, and BoYun Park

After experiencing a very heartbreaking love when I was young, I didn't get to believe in true love that lasts forever. Since then, my life has been just normal and nothing special. That was until the day I met him for the first time.

I can't forget that very day. Everything bothered and annoyed me so much that I was exhausted and frustrated all day long. Things just got worse and worse. You see, I was on my way back home riding a bus, when I noticed my purse was gone. I "Oh, no!" I cried out loud trying to find it. I almost gave up looking for it when my cell phone rang. It was a fine voice of a man. He told me he found my purse and wants to give it to me. That's how we got to meet each other.

Well that was the first time I met my true love, but wait there, let me tell you another love story of me. I went on a trip to Europe in 1995, when I was a university student. There I came across this beautiful just amazing girl with perfect star-like big eyes. "This is what people say love at first sight!" I couldn't take my eyes off her. I knew she was the one! She's my first true love! Instantly, on my flight to France(my next stop), I wrote to my ex-girlfriend who I had just broken up with couple weeks before on my trip to Europe. (I was a bad boy and had cheated on my ex-girlfriend.)

I told in the letter that I am finally over her and wished her the best luck. Finishing that letter, I went straight to my new love and start going steady with her. Had just marvelous time together and we couldn't stay apart each other. However, back at my hometown, my ex-girlfriend received my heartbreaking letter. She seemed to take it okay after couple months but didn't tell me anything about having my baby back then.

Time just flied. Forgetting completely about my ex-girlfriend, I am still with my girlfriend for 5 years now. I have been living in Italy since then. Currently, I'm selling some sightseeing guidebooks in front of Pompei remains and my girlfriend plays guitar on the street for living. We live poorly and I wonder if there's any love left between us. Is there?

I now realize that any great love cannot exist without money. That chemistry I thought my current girlfriend and I share seems to be vain now. I'm not sure if it's cause I'm too tired of living in foreign country pennilessly or because I just miss my home and past days, but nothing seems to matter to me now. I feel like a guy who have given up his life. I knew I had to make a decision if I want to straighten out my life. I sadly said goodbye to my girlfriend and hoped that everything will work out fine for her from now on. She didn't stop me from going and also wished me good luck. It was hard to call a closure to my 5-year love in Italy but I believe it was the right choice for both of us. So now I'm back on the plane to my hometown writing this story. Keep following my journey.

When I got home, my family greeted me with warm hugs. I have missed them so much! They didn't ask me why I came back or anything yet. Maybe my family were waiting for me to tell them the story when I'm ready. But first, I knew where to head. There was someone I truly needed to see and ask for forgiveness. Her house was just same as before and time seemed to have stopped 5 years ago when she opened the door. Except one change, a cute little boy was standing beside her holding hands. My ex-girlfriend invited me in and told the whole story. I couldn't believe my ears but it was true and she was still waiting for me after I have abandoned her for 5 years. I didn't know how to pay her back nor say sorry to her from bottom of my heart. Maybe this is my one true love or who knows? However, I finally got a chance to make up to her and I'm not going to let her down this time. We started dating again and also made much money after working very hard. Now, I believe we're the happiest couple on earth! I hope our love lasts forever.

Thank you for reading Very Happy
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pink Lady Go?

Post  Yoobin Cha on Thu Apr 03 2008, 09:27

Pink Lady Go

Once upon a time, there lived a woman in a rural area. She was very energetic. She still had a job. She delivered milk bottles in the neighborhood. She was very diligent. She woke up at 5 in the morning and started her work at 5:30. She had been doing the work for her life. She knew all the people and they admired her work. (Lee Pil Su)

However, She had a big problem. Even though she was delivering milk bottles in the town. She couldn't drink milk at all when she smelled milk, she became a pink colored lady.!! That was really shocking but she didn't know how to fix that problem . Once she turned into pink colored lady. She had to wait for 3days to become a normal colored lady. She really wanted to solve this problem.

(Bae Hae Sol)

One day, the pink lady visited the wisest person in her town. She told everything about her secret to hin and wanted to get some advice. However, the wisest man couldn't solve her problem. They started to worry together.

(Kang Eun Mi)

After meeting the wisest man, she felt sadder than before. She even thought of comitting suicide. However, she loved her life she had been leading so far, so she started to cry. While she's crying, full of water in her eyes, she found out U.F.O, in the sky. The flying thing become bigger and bigger, and suddenly landed on her house front yard. She got shocked and fainted.

(Cho Eun Jin)

A few hours later, she got calm down and decide to go to other planet with the aliens. Because she didn't want to show herself in pink any other people, especially her lover, she just left a goodbye note to him, then she got on the U.F.O.

There were many ugly aliens in the U.F.O. Also, nobody was surprised to see her pink face. Then she felt peaceful and free of any other people's eyes.

(Han Kyung Jae)

On her way to journey, she had opportunity to visit a planet. There are so many people like her. They also turn pink colored when they smell milk, so that they had a special to make milk edible. She could taste milk at first.

(Kim Hyung Jin)

It was sour. It was not comfortable place which made her homesick. All foods colors were pink, clothes were pink, Sky was pink .Cars and Taxis, even streets were coverd with pink paint. This world could not permit other colors. She can not
stay in here any more. "Pink"things made her sick and tired. She heartily wanted to go back her own hometown but she could not. She became crazy..She had been waiting
helpers. (Cha Yoo Bin)
Yoobin Cha
Wizard
Wizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next