Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Ji-eun on Tue Apr 15 2008, 10:55

Ryu Jeong A wrote:Bae Sung Han, Lee Kyeong Im, Lee Yu Jin, Jung Yoo Jin, Kim Sun Young, Park Mi Hyun, Hwang Yun Kyung, Ryu Jeong A.

People always missed and respected superman, because they were able to learn what justice is, what they should do for their neighbors, etc. Even they sometimes dreamed meeting him in their dreams. Now, it's time for their dreams to come true. One day...

Superman happened to appear in Daegu. He really wanted to explain he wasn't a difficult person to meet. Unfortunately, however, he could speak English only. Whenever he tried to help and talk to Daegu citizens, he was refused because they were afraid to speak in English. So, he thought something went wrong in English education of Daegu.

Later he felt he should renovate English education in Daegu. So, he decided to meet the mayor of Daegu. Meeting him and his aides, superman talked about the seriousness of English education and said he wanted to help them. Then they made an agreement to educate citizens by developing new English education system. For the sake of solving that problem together, superman became a CEO of English Education corporation.

Superman's business was such a success, but he suddenly disappeared. He was seriously thinking about his gender identity. In fact, Superman always admired wonder woman's shinning tiara. So, he decided to get a surgery.

The superman became a woman. Now, superman doesn't exist any longer.

People in Daegu Education Department was very surprised to find that superman had gone. They tried to find him using every possible way. They even made a UCC of finding superman. One day, a woman called to the mayor and told him that she knew where he was and wanted to make an appearance on air.

Finally, the mayor met her on live TV show. Amazingly, she was the very wonder woman and really gorgeous than expected. She said the shocking story to the public, "Actually, superman always said he wanted to be a woman. While helping the others make their dreams come true, he found himself that he also could make his dream of becoming a woman come true and in the end he made it However, as you know, most of the people dislike and disrespect the trans genders. That's why he, no, no, now 'she' can't show up to the public." Even before ending her remark, there came a lot of encouraging messages on the web eagerly hoping the comeback of the super woman. Seeing this, the mayor politely requested her coming back to Daegu, saying, "I think they are already ready to meet and accept the new hero." With a determined look, the wonder woman removed her fake mask and outfits, and then a brilliant figure appears, super woman. 'Superman' returned at last, with a different but more attractive look.


I think it is really enjoyable and funny! and the title is so novel, isn't it? The Superman returned the Wonder woman. Wow! Who can think like this? As they said above, the gender is nothing. it's not important to help people, ha? ^^ and this point that Superman started to teach English for Daegu citizen is interest point for me, too!

Anyway THANK YOU for making this fantastic story! Very Happy
avatar
Ji-eun
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 31
Join date : 2008-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Kim Hyunjin on Tue Apr 15 2008, 11:19

sunnypine wrote:

Yoojin Jung, Sunyoung Kim, Mi-hyun Park, Yunkyoung Hwang, JeongA Ryu, Bongkung Park, Pilsu Lee, and Haesol Bae



It was a great day. The sun was shining brightly. However, the sky became gray and it started pouring heavily. On the way to my aunt’s house, I was caught in a shower.



Geez… I hate rain. I decided to go back. When I got home, it became sunny. What a strange day!



Oh my goodness! I forgot to bring my key and my cell-phone has no battery. Things are getting worse and I’m getting angrier. I didn’t know where to go, so I decided to keep walking until it gets dark.



While walking through the deep forest, I found a small cabin that was smashed. The door was open and, in the living room, there was a dark brown liquid on the floor. It was so messy that I thought I had to take off my shoes. The liquid was so sticky when I was wandering around in the cabin. Finally, there I found a squeaky door.



I opened the door. There was a lot more of that dark liquid on the floor. I felt the urge to touch it and figure out what the substance was. Carefully, I tipped the floor with my finger. Oh! The color was so beautiful that I put more of the liquid on my nails. It goes really well with my fingers. It was a natural nail polish. While I was in a rapture satisfied with the color, I heard a “bang!” from behind my back. My heart pounded so loudly, but I couldn’t turn around. I had to…



…look at who hit me from behind, but I instead fainted. When I finally woke up I found myself lying in my bedroom. My parents were looking at me with worrying eyes. I was told that I had been asleep for three days. Was it just a nightmare that I went to a strange house and touched the brown liquid and was hit by someone? I thought I just had a bad dream, but I realized it was real because my clothes were covered with that brown liquid. What happened? Who was it?



I was so curious that I had to ask to my mom. When I asked those questions, my mom looked so worried about me. She said I got hit by a car in the corner of the street. Fortunately, it was not a big accident so I didn’t get hurt so much. But the thing is I didn’t get hurt from the car but I got hurt on my fingers by broken glass pieces when I was lying down on the street because of the accident. I was bleeding from my fingers now it became a brownish color after it dried on my fingers. And I thought that was the sticky brown liquid from the dream. It was still really strange day…


I really enjoyed your story. This story made me remind Alice in Wonderland. Smile At first, I wondered what the dark liquid is and why the liquid was on the floor. I couldn't the reasons. But it's okay because it was so interesting without any reasons.
avatar
Kim Hyunjin
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 35
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Ji-eun on Tue Apr 15 2008, 19:03

Oksun wrote:No More Happy Endings ~!
written by Kim Hyojin,Moon Namsuk, Kim Youngah, Kim Jinyoug,Park Boyun, Park Jihyn and Lee Hyejin

Everybody likes "happy ending"story in real life or even soap operas on TV. It's like everybody's hope in their lives, so we wish main actor and actress can get together even if they met with an accident or some difficulties.

Sometimes we are told the saying,"No pain, No gain." So perhaps many people like "happy ending" much more after they experienced some bad things. But I think "happy ending" is a little boring idea in a movie or soap operas. Even a korean movie "Happy Enging" didn't show real happy ending.

Therefore ,we need something opposite to "happy ending" like pitiful lives or psychotic stories. These kinds of movies really sound interesting to us. Like "Prison Break", there is a movie which has a lot of brutal scenes. Despite those bad things, most of viewers are crazy about it. Many critics question the morality of those topics, though.

By the way, korean TV dramas and movies tend to be made in a quite different way . They let the viewers choose and make the story. Whenever they needed next stories or synopses, they would ask viewers on phones or by internet to make a decision. So all dramas and movies turned out quite crazy , depending on how koreans are feeling or thinking during those votes(votes about the next episode.)

But you know what? People started to blame the writer for being undecisive. Now people want to have a special story which is based on the writer's creative work, not on public opinions. What do you think the writers should do? Which one is better? To keep asking audience or do on their own? We need to find a solution, without spending much money getting that answer. I'm of the opinion that it's up to the writer's creativity.

Yes. Writers should be as creative as possible. When we watch TV dramas or see movies, we can easily notice what's going on, what will happen next ,who will be dead and who will be happy in the end. We don't want to see boring and obvious endings anymore. I mean, we are sick and tired of some thing like " ~~lived happily ever after."

Writers! Try to think outside of the box. You can be very imaginative and amazing writers. Do not rely on featuring famous actors and actresses for making a big hit.


Due to your writing, i had a chance to think about HAPPY ENDING so deeply! Thanks! Smile Actually, especially for me, the word, "happy ending" is really sweet! Everyone wants to have a happy ending with their lover, family or their own future. Of course, i am the one of them. But as you said before, in drama or movie, happy ending is really bored theme. So far, we saw a lot of happy ending even though the characters have lots of serious problems or situations. Rolling Eyes

And this point that in thesedays, the viewers have a power to control story of drama is really interesting. Yes, it is! Some drama writers tend to follow viewers' opinion too much. Of course it is good to follow them, but sometime they just want to satisfy viewers not make their own story, so it makes some problem, too. Anyway, in a short time, with just one word topic, you guys make a wonderful essay! so it is really impressive to me!

Anyway, i hope all of us will have a HAPPY ENDING for our LIFE! ^-^
avatar
Ji-eun
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 31
Join date : 2008-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Ji-eun on Tue Apr 15 2008, 19:10

Yoobin Cha wrote:Pink Lady Go



Once upon a time, there lived a woman in a rural area. She was very energetic. She still had a job. She delivered milk bottles in the neighborhood. She was very diligent. She woke up at 5 in the morning and started her work at 5:30. She had been doing the work for her life. She knew all the people and they admired her work. (Lee Pil Su)





However, She had a big problem. Even though she was delivering milk bottles in the town. She couldn't drink milk at all when she smelled milk, she became a pink colored lady.!! That was really shocking but she didn't know how to fix that problem . Once she turned into pink colored lady. She had to wait for 3days to become a normal colored lady. She really wanted to solve this problem.

(Bae Hae Sol)





One day, the pink lady visited the wisest person in her town. She told everything about her secret to hin and wanted to get some advice. However, the wisest man couldn't solve her problem. They started to worry together.

(Kang Eun Mi)





After meeting the wisest man, she felt sadder than before. She even thought of comitting suicide. However, she loved her life she had been leading so far, so she started to cry. While she's crying, full of water in her eyes, she found out U.F.O, in the sky. The flying thing become bigger and bigger, and suddenly landed on her house front yard. She got shocked and fainted.

(Cho Eun Jin)





A few hours later, she got calm down and decide to go to other planet with the aliens. Because she didn't want to show herself in pink any other people, especially her lover, she just left a goodbye note to him, then she got on the U.F.O.

There were many ugly aliens in the U.F.O. Also, nobody was surprised to see her pink face. Then she felt peaceful and free of any other people's eyes.

(Han Kyung Jae)





On her way to journey, she had opportunity to visit a planet. There are so many people like her. They also turn pink colored when they smell milk, so that they had a special to make milk edible. She could taste milk at first.

(Kim Hyung Jin)



It was sour. It was not comfortable place which made her homesick. All foods colors were pink, clothes were pink, Sky was pink .Cars and Taxis, even streets were coverd with pink paint. This world could not permit other colors. She can not
stay in here any more. "Pink"things made her sick and tired. She heartily wanted to go back her own hometown but she could not. She became crazy..She had been waiting
helpers. (Cha Yoo Bin)


I was really enjoy reading this story! Wow, Pink lady! and you know? i really feel pity for poor pink lady, so i want to give some milk for her!!! Haha, Anyway story is getting serious and finally it finished not a happy ending. The Pink world... oh, no. of course i really like pink, but i don't want to live in a pink world. Let's imagine! If the water are pink... OH,NO! I will never drink pink water, +_+
avatar
Ji-eun
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 31
Join date : 2008-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Nam-suk on Tue Apr 15 2008, 21:24

Lee Pilsu wrote:"The Best Birthday Party in Life"

(Jung Yoo-jin, Kim Sun-young, Park Mi-hyun, Hwang Yun-kyoung, Ryu Jeong-a, Park Bong-kyeong)

There was a lovely house in a deep forest. It was decorated with very delicious biscuits and chocolate. I had lived there for twenty years with my mom and dad. It was a Sunday morning, and it was also my birthday. All of the animals in the forest came to my birthday party.

Since I was five, I've always wanted to communicate with animals. But it seems to be very difficult to learn animals language. I picked up only a few phrases. But still I couldn't understand a thing when the animals speak each other. My parents, however, were excellent at speaking animal's language. It was a complete mystery to me how come they are good at it while I am not.

It was sad that I couldn't speak animal's language. I was the only one who couldn't. Although all the animals in the neighborhood came over to my place to celebrate my birthday, I couldn't talk with them. They approached to me, giving me presents, saying "blablabla", which I interpreted as "Happy Birthday" from the context of speaking. Although I was so happy to receive gifts from them, I couldn't continue the conversation with them no longer. All the words they were speaking sounded like all the same "blablabla." If I turn this way, I could hear "blabla", and if I turn that way, another "blablabla"

What on earth those "blabla" mean? With no one to talk to, I felt alone. I decided to hide in the closet. When they find that I was missing, they will feel sorry for neglecting me. That's what I thought. I was not just pretending. I was really lonely, indeed. However the closet I was in was so dark and smelled bad. What's worse I found myself locked inside. I got puzzled. I let out a cry and called for help. No one came. Soon I got tired and fell asleep, murmuring to myself "blablablabla"

In my dream, a big black pig came over me and asked me what presents I wanted to be given. So I preyed to him, 'Please, let me also have the special ability to talk with the other animals.' Then surprisingly the big black pig turned to a small white pig. At that moment, I felt somebody shaking me and I woke up. It was just a dream.

It was my mom who found me. I went to the dinner table with my mom. On that table I saw the exactly same white pig that I had seen in my dream. 'What a coincidence,' I said to myself. When my mom was trying to cut the pig with a sharp knife, I called out at top of my voice to my mom, "Please, don't eat it, mom. It's the pig I've seen in my dream. it had promised to give me the power to communicate with animals." After hearing my explanation, my dad who was the best animal language speaker ever, had a surprised look on his face. He was awe-struck, his eyes and mouth wide open. I couldn't get why he was so surprised like that. I continued explaining my dream and now all the animals turned to me with the same shocked expression on their faces. I still couldn't understand why. My mother came to me and said, "How did you become so fluent in animal's language all of sudden?" Now my father said, "You were explaining your dream, or whatsoever, in ANIMAL'S LANGUAGE." Now the animals all chorused rejoicingly, "Miracle Happened. This Kid Now Speaks Our Language"

I was jumping with joy. After several years listening to animal's language, I had thought I failed to learn it. Now all over sudden, it paid off and I can speak the language as well as understanding it. It wasn't for nothing that I was exposed to animal's speaking "blablabla" for the painfully long time.

At 11 in the evening, when every guest returned to their home, I lied down on my stomach on my bed, thinking the unbelievable change in me. I thought about the white pig that changed from the black pig in my dream. Maybe the color "dark" means that I can't understand the animal's language, and "white" means that I got enlightened from my ignorance. Before go to sleep I broke off a white chocolate instead of black one from my bed which was all made of chocolate, and popped it into my mouth and smiled. 'Well, at first I thought today was the worst birthday in my life, but turned out to be the best birthday party in my life.'


This is quite unique story..I haven't ever imagined story like this ... It's really well written I think..although it looked weird in a way...lol And to me.. the whole process of learning the animal language looked exactly same with that for learning the second language for us...Also that part that people could master other language even though it took long time relieved me in a way.,,lol.. That's still good..
avatar
Nam-suk
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 45
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a hilarious story!!

Post  Ji Young, Kim on Tue Apr 15 2008, 21:59

We were supposed to write a "twisty-and-turny" story and it seems like you got your job done very successfully because there are reallly unexpected "twists and turns" in your story. It's very hilarious to imagine that Superman would turn into Wonderwoman. The story is very funny but at the same time I think it's a good story that can give students a lesson that homosexuals and transgenders are the people we should embrace and respect, not abhor or detest. (Am I going too far??)

Ryu Jeong A wrote:Bae Sung Han, Lee Kyeong Im, Lee Yu Jin, Jung Yoo Jin, Kim Sun Young, Park Mi Hyun, Hwang Yun Kyung, Ryu Jeong A.

People always missed and respected superman, because they were able to learn what justice is, what they should do for their neighbors, etc. Even they sometimes dreamed meeting him in their dreams. Now, it's time for their dreams to come true. One day...

Superman happened to appear in Daegu. He really wanted to explain he wasn't a difficult person to meet. Unfortunately, however, he could speak English only. Whenever he tried to help and talk to Daegu citizens, he was refused because they were afraid to speak in English. So, he thought something went wrong in English education of Daegu.

Later he felt he should renovate English education in Daegu. So, he decided to meet the mayor of Daegu. Meeting him and his aides, superman talked about the seriousness of English education and said he wanted to help them. Then they made an agreement to educate citizens by developing new English education system. For the sake of solving that problem together, superman became a CEO of English Education corporation.

Superman's business was such a success, but he suddenly disappeared. He was seriously thinking about his gender identity. In fact, Superman always admired wonder woman's shinning tiara. So, he decided to get a surgery.

The superman became a woman. Now, superman doesn't exist any longer.

People in Daegu Education Department was very surprised to find that superman had gone. They tried to find him using every possible way. They even made a UCC of finding superman. One day, a woman called to the mayor and told him that she knew where he was and wanted to make an appearance on air.

Finally, the mayor met her on live TV show. Amazingly, she was the very wonder woman and really gorgeous than expected. She said the shocking story to the public, "Actually, superman always said he wanted to be a woman. While helping the others make their dreams come true, he found himself that he also could make his dream of becoming a woman come true and in the end he made it However, as you know, most of the people dislike and disrespect the trans genders. That's why he, no, no, now 'she' can't show up to the public." Even before ending her remark, there came a lot of encouraging messages on the web eagerly hoping the comeback of the super woman. Seeing this, the mayor politely requested her coming back to Daegu, saying, "I think they are already ready to meet and accept the new hero." With a determined look, the wonder woman removed her fake mask and outfits, and then a brilliant figure appears, super woman. 'Superman' returned at last, with a different but more attractive look.
avatar
Ji Young, Kim
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 46
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This is very interesting.^^

Post  Han Kyoung Jae on Tue Apr 15 2008, 22:06

kim young-ah wrote:Titled by Kim Ji-Young, Written by Joo Un-Jin, Kim Bo-Yeun, Kim Hyo-Jin,Jung Ji-Eun, Jung Sung-Yoon, Moon Nam-Suk and Kim Young-Ah.

One day, I met a magician. He said, "I'll give you anything that you want. But you must keep it a secret." First I laughed at him and thought he was making fool of me. I just said, "Be my servant." I was just joking , thinking he was very strange. But he was so serious and said, "OK. I will be your servant. But you must not tell it to anybody."

And he said to me, "If you reveal the secret, you have to be my servant and you should do whatever I want." "OK. Sure. No problem." I said. I wanted the magician to make everything that I wanted. As time went by, I felt that the magic was not interesting any more to me, so I decided to become a magician, thinking that I could do anything and get anything including a servant.

So, I called the magician and asked him " Hey, servant! I want to be a magician just like you. Can you help me?" Then, he seemed to be thinking about it for a second and accepted it. But he suggested to me one condition.

"Of course, I can make you a magician. But, you have to go to the HOGWARTS school and study there. You know why? It is the time to follow your destiny. You were destined to be a great magician, Harry Potter!" I couldn't say anything in front of him. Am I Harry Potter?

"Yes. " he said. "Even though I go to HOGWARTS school alone, and if I got the more magic power and I were a magician, it wouldn't matter to me at all." I thought. "OK! I'll try but what if I go there with my best friend. I'm afraid of the loneliness."

"That's one of your duties that you have to overcome." he said. I was quite curious about that, but I wasn't quite sure whether I could handle this situation alone at the same time. Therefore I called my best friend to get her opinion after thinking about it for several days. She said that she'd be willing to go with me because she knew very well how scared I would be in my being alone. Suddenly, the magician appeared, and said "OK. You've my servant from now."

At the moment, I was at a loss. As soon as I became his servant, I was made to catch up with him, to run with a bus, to clean up his laboratory, etc..... Finally, I had the difficulties done, as he ordered. But, without knowing myself, I had already arrived at HOGWARTS school and I had finished the magic course. What happened to my best friend? Nowhere she was. I cried and cried. Just then someone hit my back. She was....
She was.... my MOM. "Why don't you get up and wash your face? Be late for school. Hurry up!" All was a dream. Ha ha ha.


First of all, I really enjoyed the story. As I read this story, I felt that the people who already had enough things for them wanted to get more than they needed. The main character may have enough advantages by making the magician her servant. But she got fed up the magic soon. She wanted magician's whole ability, and she had to go somewhere by herself. That's because she was too much greedy. If she felt satisfied with what she had now, she didn't need to go there by herself. In my opinion, the story has a leeson for our lives : Too mush is as bad as too little. And I also think that being satisfied with what we have now is very important for the healthy life. Also, I felt that keeping the secret is a very difficult thing. As she told the secret to her best friend, she had to become a servant for the magician!! That episode reminded me of the saying : Walls have ears. There may be no secret in the world. That means it is very difficult to keep a secret I think. Anyway all the things proved to be a dream. ^^ During and after reading this story, I feel I should always bear several lessons in mind once again. Thank you for the interesting story.
avatar
Han Kyoung Jae
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 66
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Great mystery story!!

Post  Ji Young, Kim on Tue Apr 15 2008, 22:17

The ending was really unexpected! You guys made up one great mystery, crime, sci-fi short story!! With scientific and technological advances, there are many movies and novels that deal with cyborgs, so although not in the near future, I think it might be possible that we human beings would live together with cyborgs. But it's quite scary to imagine that incidents like the one in the story might also happen in reality, which must be a big tragedy both to humans and cyborgs.

Liz wrote:By Jeong Oksun, Bae Sunghan, Lee Kyeongim, Lee Yujin, Jung Yoojin, Kim Sunyoung, Park Mihyun, Hwang Yunkyoung


It was a bright and sunny day. I wouldn't get this kind of weather again in my entire life. It was also the day that I met J. She was sitting next to me and such a sweet girl that I'd always dreamed of. We were sitting in a car to the airport which was decorated with lots of flowers. We were heading for the island which had the most beautiful scenary in the world. My heart was beating rapidly for excitement.

After we arrived at the island, we had a great lunch and enjoyed sunshine walking along the beach. I was so sure that we would fall in love. Everything was so perfect to be true.

Suddenly it started to rain heavily with thunderstorm. We had no place to get away from the rain. She got wet and started to shiver. I came up with an idea of making her a special umbrella. However, no matter how I made them, she threw them right away. She didn't like any of them.

How could she do this to me! I couldn't stand it any longer. I hate people make me angry. So I stabbed her several times with the very knife that I used for making the umbrellas and threw the body away in the ocean. That night, I was arrested by interpol. I couldn't understand how they found me that quickly. We were isolated in this island. Were we not alone?

I would escape from this island! One of the police officers, who was female, fell in love with me at first sight. I knew it wasn't right to use her feeling but I persuaded her to help me run away. However, she was murdered by her co-worker, ex-boyfriend. He was so annoyed to find out that she had feelings for me and lost his temper while they were arguing.

I was locked in a room for days, but they didn't find any evidence of accusing me. Finally, I would get my freedom back, I would be released, today.

Now, I'm home. It took quite a long time to figure out what had happened to me. I thought I was a human but I wasn't. I was just a brand new cyborg which could think and feel. J was my master and I was supposed to protect her. On the contrary, I killed her. Then the alarm system in my body alerted the interpol. That's how they found me. The manufacturer recalled me to find out what caused this fatal error and my body is falling apart into pieces. After all, I survived from the island.
avatar
Ji Young, Kim
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 46
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Han Kyoung Jae on Tue Apr 15 2008, 22:35

Boyun Park wrote:I love you Forever Love I love you


Titled by BoYeun Kim

Written by HyoJin Kim, JiEun Jung, SeongYun Jeong, NamSuk Moon, YoungAh Kim, JinYong Kim, and BoYun Park


After experiencing a very heartbreaking love when I was young, I didn't get to believe in true love that lasts forever. Since then, my life has been just normal and nothing special. That was until the day I met him for the first time.


I can't forget that very day. Everything bothered and annoyed me so much that I was exhausted and frustrated all day long. Things just got worse and worse. You see, I was on my way back home riding a bus, when I noticed my purse was gone. I "Oh, no!" I cried out loud trying to find it. I almost gave up looking for it when my cell phone rang. It was a fine voice of a man. He told me he found my purse and wants to give it to me. That's how we got to meet each other.


Well that was the first time I met my true love, but wait there, let me tell you another love story of me. I went on a trip to Europe in 1995, when I was a university student. There I came across this beautiful just amazing girl with perfect star-like big eyes. "This is what people say love at first sight!" I couldn't take my eyes off her. I knew she was the one! She's my first true love! Instantly, on my flight to France(my next stop), I wrote to my ex-girlfriend who I had just broken up with couple weeks before on my trip to Europe. (I was a bad boy and had cheated on my ex-girlfriend.)


I told in the letter that I am finally over her and wished her the best luck. Finishing that letter, I went straight to my new love and start going steady with her. Had just marvelous time together and we couldn't stay apart each other. However, back at my hometown, my ex-girlfriend received my heartbreaking letter. She seemed to take it okay after couple months but didn't tell me anything about having my baby back then.


Time just flied. Forgetting completely about my ex-girlfriend, I am still with my girlfriend for 5 years now. I have been living in Italy since then. Currently, I'm selling some sightseeing guidebooks in front of Pompei remains and my girlfriend plays guitar on the street for living. We live poorly and I wonder if there's any love left between us. Is there?


I now realize that any great love cannot exist without money. That chemistry I thought my current girlfriend and I share seems to be vain now. I'm not sure if it's cause I'm too tired of living in foreign country pennilessly or because I just miss my home and past days, but nothing seems to matter to me now. I feel like a guy who have given up his life. I knew I had to make a decision if I want to straighten out my life. I sadly said goodbye to my girlfriend and hoped that everything will work out fine for her from now on. She didn't stop me from going and also wished me good luck. It was hard to call a closure to my 5-year love in Italy but I believe it was the right choice for both of us. So now I'm back on the plane to my hometown writing this story. Keep following my journey.


When I got home, my family greeted me with warm hugs. I have missed them so much! They didn't ask me why I came back or anything yet. Maybe my family were waiting for me to tell them the story when I'm ready. But first, I knew where to head. There was someone I truly needed to see and ask for forgiveness. Her house was just same as before and time seemed to have stopped 5 years ago when she opened the door. Except one change, a cute little boy was standing beside her holding hands. My ex-girlfriend invited me in and told the whole story. I couldn't believe my ears but it was true and she was still waiting for me after I have abandoned her for 5 years. I didn't know how to pay her back nor say sorry to her from bottom of my heart. Maybe this is my one true love or who knows? However, I finally got a chance to make up to her and I'm not going to let her down this time. We started dating again and also made much money after working very hard. Now, I believe we're the happiest couple on earth! I hope our love lasts forever.

Thank you for reading Very Happy



What a beautiful mind the girl has!! She really loves him and it's very lucky for him to come back to her and know her sincere love. However, if I were a the girl in that situation, I couldn't forgive him. How could I forgive the man who left me alone and cheated on me. I think that trust between two lovers is more important than just love. Yes, if we don't have any love for each other, the relationship between the two would be hard to keep. But we must have trust under the love. And I consider the trust as more important thing in love. Forever love?? If there is forever love in the world, I want everyone to seek for it soon without giving any hurt to someone and taking it. I hope my love lasts forever too.^^
avatar
Han Kyoung Jae
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 66
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a cute, little story!!

Post  Ji Young, Kim on Tue Apr 15 2008, 22:40

What a cute, little story! All children must like your story! Imagine a baby girl rabbit who is a boxing-holic! How adorable she must be!! Smile

It's an interesting short story for children, but I think it can give some important lesson at the same time. I like the idea that there might be a rabbit which hates carrots. We live in a world with diversity, so we just can't assume that others think, behave and live the same way as we do. The story can show this to its readers.

Kim Eun-jung wrote:A Rabbit which Hates Carrots


(Titled by Cho Eun-Jin, Written by Han Kyung-Jae, Kim Hyun-Jin, Cha You-Bin, Park Saang-Young, Jang Deuk-Ju, Jeong Mi-Jin, Kim Eun-Jung)


There was a rabbit family in a peaceful forest. It had father, mother and a very cute daughter rabbit. One day, after the daughter rabbit came back from the school, she kept asking her mother strange questions. "Mommy, why should we eat carrots for meals? There are many friends who don't eat carrots, and they always eat nuts for their meals. I want to have any other kinds of meals. I will have peanuts meals from now on."


In that evening, mother thought about what her daughter said in the afternoon. Mother wanted to raise her daughter as a healthy child, so she began to try various carrot-cooking recipes, such as carrot cakes.


Her daughter really liked to eat carrot cakes. She ate all of them. She asked her mother to make carrot cakes everyday. After 2 months later, her daughter became chubby. She gained almost 30 pounds.


Her mother said, "Oh, what's going on to my daughter?" The pretty daughter rabbit answered, "Mom, I'm going to be fat. But I can't stop eating your carrot cakes. I am a carrot-holic now. I don't care my weight!" And then mom said, "You need a special treatment!"


Mother picked up the receiver, "Hello. I need your help. 3 years old, female, when do we start? Oh, yes, yes, my pleasure, check your account 30 minutes later. She hung up the phone. "Mom, what's going on? Who did you talk to?" "Well, don't worry my dear. I called someone who could help you. You must need their expertise." "Help? What help?"


At that moment, someone rang the door bell. When the daughter rabbit opened the door, three rabbits were standing in front of the door with something big and square on their hands. There were wearing so tight clothes. "Come on in. My daughter really needs your help now. She need to lose her weight," said mom rabbit. They came in and prepared something quickly.


They started to make a ring for boxing using the tools and materials they prepared. From that day on, they started their special lesson to lose weight. The training was really tough. Daughter rabbit complained first. After three month, she became slim. Mother said, "It's enough. Now you don't have to do boxing any longer." But daughter rabbit couldn't quit boxing because she began to be attracted to boxing as time went by, and this time she became boxing-holic. Daughter rabbit became far healthier than her mom expected.
avatar
Ji Young, Kim
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 46
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Mi Jin Jeong on Wed Apr 16 2008, 08:55

kiera wrote:How to Get Along with a Stranger

by Ji-Hyun Park, Hye-Jin Lee, Ok-Sun Jeung, Sung-han Bae, Kyeong-Jin Lee, Yu-Jin Lee, Yoo-Jin Jung and Sun-Young Kim.


It's really difficult to get along with strangers. The first thing you should do is to memorize some jokes to break the ice between you and a stranger. Once you have some small talk and break the ice with him/her, you'll feel less stressful about getting along with strangers. The second one you should do is to be open-minded. Since we're all human being, we all have something common.

First of all, Start talking with some questions like "What a nice weather!" , "What do you usually do on weekends?"" or "I've been to Japan. Have you ever been to any foreign countries?". This could be one of the safest way to start conversation. Then you can find that the strangers who you are talking with and yourself are getting to feel more comfortable.

However, there is a subtle difference between man and woman in choosing the conversation topics. Here are some additional tips for starting conversation, especially for man. For example, woman and man have different point of views. If man wants to get along with a woman, just start with her favorite things, which man must get information at the beginning of conversation. Relatively, woman are interested in the emotional and detail subjects such as cooking or happiest time, something like that.

Secondly, you should be more open-minded when you first start a conversation with a stranger. Here is an interesting episode. One day, a woman has a chance to get along with a stranger, a beautiful woman. In order to break the ice, she says something emotional. Unfortunately, the beautiful woman doesn't seem to understand what she says and doesn't feel interested at all. She gets embarrassed. Actually, the beautiful girl was man in the past and even worse, she is not able to hear because of illness.

She is really angry with this beautiful girl, because she doesn't know about the girl's secrets. She is so upset, so she hits the girl. The girl calls the police, but it takes a long time for the police to arrive.

So these two people inevitably tries breaking the ice, now in a different way. She finds that the beautiful girl is unable to hear so she apologizes to the girl for hitting her. The girl accepts her apology and introduces herself again through writing. Now, she realizes that the girl is a transgender and she is a good person, and they become friends.

As you can see, breaking the ice is the most important thing when you met a stranger. In order to interact with a stranger better, you should choose normal and safe topics. You can prepare a common jokes or a small talk about weather. In addition, you should be more open-minded since there are various kinds of people in different situations. That is, breaking the ice should be based on understanding with each other. I hope these tips should be helpful for you.


- The End -



Those would be good tips to get along with strangers. I think open mind is the most important thing in the relationship with others. It's surprising that we can recognize others' feeling change and emotional thing without talking about that. Therefore your friends and strangers will read your mind when you are talking and see if you are pretentious or not.
So, just be honest and sincere to them. Be yourself. ^^
avatar
Mi Jin Jeong
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 40
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Kim Eun-jung on Wed Apr 16 2008, 20:14

Ji-eun wrote:Titled by Jang Deuk-Ju

wrriten by Jung Mi-Jin / Kim Eun-jung / Kim Ji-young / Joo un-jin / Kim bo-yeum / Kim Hyo-jin / Jung Ji-eun


There were two pretty girls at the same class of the same schoo. They always said that they were good friends each other and were together anywhere. And both of them were very popular with other students because of their beauty.

A boy transfered to this schoo. He was tall, handsome, smart and from a very rich family. All of the girls in the school liked him. But he was a little arrogant. Oe of the two pretty girls wanted to be a girl friend of him, and the other hated him because of his arrogance.

Then, the boy, named Tom and the girls, Sally and Cindy cam to attend the same class, so they made friends with each other But there was a problem. Sally liked Tom from the beginning, but it seemed like Tom was not interested in her at all. Rather, Tom was more interested in the other girl, Cindy, who didn't like Tom at first because she thought he was arrogant.

Finally, Tom deciede to propose Cinty, although she wasn't familiar with him. But that day, he overheard his mom say that Cindy was his sister and he was destined to marry Sally. How shocking it was! And what did fortune do to them? He couldn't accept that and told her mom what had happened to him. His mother was shocked also. She wanted to keep it a secret that Tom had another sister.

Even though Cindy is Tom's sister, he couldn't accpet it. It makes him hurt his heard. He cried every night, couldn't eat anything. So his mom also worried about him. Fortunately, his mom suggested good solution to him.

Tom's mom had hard time as well watching his agony. So she suggedted asking Cindy out first and going out with her if she likes him. And in case they got into deel love, they could leave their own contry. Tom agreed to his mom's opinion. He had to find out what was in Cindy's mind.

He prepared lots of things for Cindy. He had to get her love for both of them. At that day, they met finally, and Tom said everything to her honestly. Cindy was almost faint at the first time, of course it was really big deal to handle for her. But fortunately, she accepted him, too. They made a decision to leave their own country. They chosed the way to be happy for them. They made their destiny by themsleves and have a happy ending forever.

It's a real melodrama. A love triangle, the secret related to birth and conflict with parents.. Intriguing storyline^^ Thank you for interesting story!

Kim Eun-jung
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 40
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Man and woman are always...

Post  Kang Eunmi on Wed Apr 16 2008, 23:56

Man and woman, especailly a couple story is always funny.

Nowadays, it's quite difficult for me to feel the tension between couples. It's been a long time....

However, I've been thinking that to love and to be loved is the basic power to manage this complicated world.

Love is the only rational act!!

Ji Young, Kim wrote:
THE TWO PEOPLE FALLING IN LOVE

(Titled by Han Kyung-Jae. Written by Kim Hyun-Jin, Cha Yoo-Bin, Park Sang-Yong, Jang Deuk-Ju, Jeong Mi-Jin, Kim Eun-Jung, Kim Ji-Young)


The girl and the guy were just friends at first. Maybe they didn't know each other well at the beginning of the semester. One day, the weather was so nice that the girl was reading a book, sitting on a bench by the lake. One of her habits was shaking her legs when she was reading. So, as usual she was shaking her legs, and then one of her shoes accidently fell down into the lake. She was just looking at her shoe without knowing what to do. Then, a guy came to see her situation.

The man was very brave. He jumped into the lake without any hesitation and picked it up for her. The girl said very sweetly "Thank you," and her face became red with shyness. The girl wanted to know more about him.

The guy was tall, strong and handsome. Besides, he seemed to have a good personality. The two came to have a nice conversation about this and that, and at around 6 pm, the guy told her that he should leave her. Actually he had a very important class at 6 on Thursday, which was Jason's Practical English class in KNU.

For her entire life, it seemed like she had no right time for a man. When priority was the matter, making a boyfriend was not in her list. Moreover, she always considered herself 'Ugly Betty,' (and actually she was.) so she never thought of having a boyfriend seriously. But this time was really different. She wanted to make the guy interested in her. "Things should be changed now." Determined, she rushed to the classroom and could find the guy sitting in the very first row. "I'd better move now."

She thought, "It's the right time to put the magic pinky lotion on my face to make him have a crush on me." Actually, she had a magic cosmetic stuff that could make her ugly face really beautiful within a second. She was very excited and took the thing out of her bag in a hurry. And then She applied that lotion over her face.

Immediately she was transformed to a very attractive woman. She approached the guy and said, "Hello." Surprised, he said "I didn't expect to meet you here. Glad to see you again. What about having a cup of coffee in a near cafe after class?" She said, "I'm glad to." She came to a seat in the back and Jason came. During class, she couldn't concentrate on the lecture, thinking of him.

After class, they went to the nearest coffee shop and had a sincere talk over coffee. The guy was so perfect that he seemed like the one that the girl had been waiting for her entire life. And the girl also looked so cool and charming to the guy. However, it was not her pretty face that fascinated him. It was the way she saw the world around her, the way she talked, and the way she smiled. After an hour or so, the guy started thinking, "There is something great about her. I might fall in love with this cute girl."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the end of the story about how the two people first met and fell in love with each other. And there's one more thing to tell you before wrapping up the story. After reading this story, now some of you might wonder, "Where can I find the magic pinky lotion to become an attractive girl (or guy) myself?" Do you want to know the real secret? Actually, there is no such a thing in the world. Then, what really made the girl in the story charming and beautiful? You may already know the answer if you have met the person of your fate.

Actually the two were made for each other, and that's why they looked amazingly attractive to each other. The girl thought that the guy was more handsome than Brad Pitt, and the guy thought he was so lucky to meet a girl who exactly looked like Angelina Jolie. If you find the girl or the guy who is destined for you as in the story, she or he never fails to recognize you and your true beauty. Razz
avatar
Kang Eunmi
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 40
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  kiera on Thu Apr 17 2008, 12:18

kim young-ah wrote:Titled by Kim Ji-Young, Written by Joo Un-Jin, Kim Bo-Yeun, Kim Hyo-Jin,Jung Ji-Eun, Jung Sung-Yoon, Moon Nam-Suk and Kim Young-Ah.

One day, I met a magician. He said, "I'll give you anything that you want. But you must keep it a secret." First I laughed at him and thought he was making fool of me. I just said, "Be my servant." I was just joking , thinking he was very strange. But he was so serious and said, "OK. I will be your servant. But you must not tell it to anybody."

And he said to me, "If you reveal the secret, you have to be my servant and you should do whatever I want." "OK. Sure. No problem." I said. I wanted the magician to make everything that I wanted. As time went by, I felt that the magic was not interesting any more to me, so I decided to become a magician, thinking that I could do anything and get anything including a servant.

So, I called the magician and asked him " Hey, servant! I want to be a magician just like you. Can you help me?" Then, he seemed to be thinking about it for a second and accepted it. But he suggested to me one condition.

"Of course, I can make you a magician. But, you have to go to the HOGWARTS school and study there. You know why? It is the time to follow your destiny. You were destined to be a great magician, Harry Potter!" I couldn't say anything in front of him. Am I Harry Potter?

"Yes. " he said. "Even though I go to HOGWARTS school alone, and if I got the more magic power and I were a magician, it wouldn't matter to me at all." I thought. "OK! I'll try but what if I go there with my best friend. I'm afraid of the loneliness."

"That's one of your duties that you have to overcome." he said. I was quite curious about that, but I wasn't quite sure whether I could handle this situation alone at the same time. Therefore I called my best friend to get her opinion after thinking about it for several days. She said that she'd be willing to go with me because she knew very well how scared I would be in my being alone. Suddenly, the magician appeared, and said "OK. You've my servant from now."

At the moment, I was at a loss. As soon as I became his servant, I was made to catch up with him, to run with a bus, to clean up his laboratory, etc..... Finally, I had the difficulties done, as he ordered. But, without knowing myself, I had already arrived at HOGWARTS school and I had finished the magic course. What happened to my best friend? Nowhere she was. I cried and cried. Just then someone hit my back. She was....
She was.... my MOM. "Why don't you get up and wash your face? Be late for school. Hurry up!" All was a dream. Ha ha ha.

As I read through the whole stories, I became curious how this story would end. When I meet the words "Hogwarts" and "Harry Potter", I was completely atrracted since I like that novel very much. And the wrap up part of the story appels me well because I myself had this kind of experience, too. I mean, I can tatally undertand how vain it is to wake up from an happy, interesting dream. Well, thank all of you for your efforts to complete this funny story. I really enjoyed reading it.
avatar
kiera
Mover
Mover

Posts : 22
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a sharp criticism!

Post  Hyo-Jin Kim on Sat Apr 26 2008, 18:06

I was kind of embarrassed while reading this story to the end for feeling guilty. I felt that I started it so seriously compared with other stories that the next writers could have had difficulties with making it interesting. But I still liked to hear different ideas of many other classmates. And I also want to take pride in having created another sort of story together. The story read very smoothly thanks to well-made connections among all the paragraphs and what was the best of all in the story was that each writer got one interesting point with an exact example. king




Oksun wrote:No More Happy Endings ~!
written by Kim Hyojin,Moon Namsuk, Kim Youngah, Kim Jinyoug,Park Boyun, Park Jihyn and Lee Hyejin

Everybody likes "happy ending"story in real life or even soap operas on TV. It's like everybody's hope in their lives, so we wish main actor and actress can get together even if they met with an accident or some difficulties.

Sometimes we are told the saying,"No pain, No gain." So perhaps many people like "happy ending" much more after they experienced some bad things. But I think "happy ending" is a little boring idea in a movie or soap operas. Even a korean movie "Happy Enging" didn't show real happy ending.

Therefore ,we need something opposite to "happy ending" like pitiful lives or psychotic stories. These kinds of movies really sound interesting to us. Like "Prison Break", there is a movie which has a lot of brutal scenes. Despite those bad things, most of viewers are crazy about it. Many critics question the morality of those topics, though.

By the way, korean TV dramas and movies tend to be made in a quite different way . They let the viewers choose and make the story. Whenever they needed next stories or synopses, they would ask viewers on phones or by internet to make a decision. So all dramas and movies turned out quite crazy , depending on how koreans are feeling or thinking during those votes(votes about the next episode.)

But you know what? People started to blame the writer for being undecisive. Now people want to have a special story which is based on the writer's creative work, not on public opinions. What do you think the writers should do? Which one is better? To keep asking audience or do on their own? We need to find a solution, without spending much money getting that answer. I'm of the opinion that it's up to the writer's creativity.

Yes. Writers should be as creative as possible. When we watch TV dramas or see movies, we can easily notice what's going on, what will happen next ,who will be dead and who will be happy in the end. We don't want to see boring and obvious endings anymore. I mean, we are sick and tired of some thing like " ~~lived happily ever after."

Writers! Try to think outside of the box. You can be very imaginative and amazing writers. Do not rely on featuring famous actors and actresses for making a big hit.
avatar
Hyo-Jin Kim
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 41
Join date : 2008-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oh my god!

Post  Hyo-Jin Kim on Sat Apr 26 2008, 19:27

This story is really interesting! It set me to laughing a lot. jocolor
Since unexpected stories were continued, I couldn't stop reading it even for a second.
Especially, when he was proved to be Harry Potter, I completely got absorbed into the story. I couldn't imagine that he might tell it to his friend not to go to the HOGWARTS school alone though I was already expecting when he was going to reveal the secret to someone. And it was the perfect timing that the magician showed up and announced Harry Potter as his servant. Although I felt a bit bad nearly at the end as I could get no idea about where his friend had gone, I was much fond of the way you finished the story. Thanks for the exciting dream-like story.
I feel like dreaming about encountering the masician clown tonight.



kim young-ah wrote:Titled by Kim Ji-Young, Written by Joo Un-Jin, Kim Bo-Yeun, Kim Hyo-Jin,Jung Ji-Eun, Jung Sung-Yoon, Moon Nam-Suk and Kim Young-Ah.

One day, I met a magician. He said, "I'll give you anything that you want. But you must keep it a secret." First I laughed at him and thought he was making fool of me. I just said, "Be my servant." I was just joking , thinking he was very strange. But he was so serious and said, "OK. I will be your servant. But you must not tell it to anybody."

And he said to me, "If you reveal the secret, you have to be my servant and you should do whatever I want." "OK. Sure. No problem." I said. I wanted the magician to make everything that I wanted. As time went by, I felt that the magic was not interesting any more to me, so I decided to become a magician, thinking that I could do anything and get anything including a servant.

So, I called the magician and asked him " Hey, servant! I want to be a magician just like you. Can you help me?" Then, he seemed to be thinking about it for a second and accepted it. But he suggested to me one condition.

"Of course, I can make you a magician. But, you have to go to the HOGWARTS school and study there. You know why? It is the time to follow your destiny. You were destined to be a great magician, Harry Potter!" I couldn't say anything in front of him. Am I Harry Potter?

"Yes. " he said. "Even though I go to HOGWARTS school alone, and if I got the more magic power and I were a magician, it wouldn't matter to me at all." I thought. "OK! I'll try but what if I go there with my best friend. I'm afraid of the loneliness."

"That's one of your duties that you have to overcome." he said. I was quite curious about that, but I wasn't quite sure whether I could handle this situation alone at the same time. Therefore I called my best friend to get her opinion after thinking about it for several days. She said that she'd be willing to go with me because she knew very well how scared I would be in my being alone. Suddenly, the magician appeared, and said "OK. You've my servant from now."

At the moment, I was at a loss. As soon as I became his servant, I was made to catch up with him, to run with a bus, to clean up his laboratory, etc..... Finally, I had the difficulties done, as he ordered. But, without knowing myself, I had already arrived at HOGWARTS school and I had finished the magic course. What happened to my best friend? Nowhere she was. I cried and cried. Just then someone hit my back. She was....
She was.... my MOM. "Why don't you get up and wash your face? Be late for school. Hurry up!" All was a dream. Ha ha ha.
avatar
Hyo-Jin Kim
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 41
Join date : 2008-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Interesting-!

Post  Hyo-Jin Kim on Sat Apr 26 2008, 20:12

Well, you surprised me by telling an interesting story and then getting me to think.^^;
No matter how general or boring this story could be seemed, this kind of topic is an excellent choice at most times according to the widespread tendency that people(mostly women, in fact) want to hear or watch happy ending stories of normal women. So the story must have been fun for me as one of the normal women, too. But I got somewhat upstet about the story because it appeared to be reflecting that we were about to take Lookism for granted now. What's wrong with weighing much in loving one another? Does it matter as much as it could break a good relationship? How stupid the idea is! It is natural that somebody's appeance does not tell who the person is. I am grateful for you to remind us of the truth. queen



Joo Un-jin wrote:What I Like...

(titled by Kim Hyun-jin, written by Cha Yoo-bin, Kim Eun-jung, Kim Ji-young, Joo Un-jin, Park Sang-yung, Jang Deuk-ju, Jeong Mi-jin)




I had secrets. It is not earth-shattering like American bombing into Japan. I have a boy friend, Ken. We look like Barbie and Ken. I told him that I weighed 50kg but actually I weigh 60kg. You know only one number is changed. I really felt happy when he believed my lie.




One day Ken and I went to the amusement park. We wanted to ride toy horses. There were a row of students in front of them. We also stood in line to ride them.




Then, finally we came to ride toy horses. But as soon as I got on it, it started to make a noise and become unstable and then it was broken at last. How embarrassing and humiliating it was! It seemed like everyone around me laughed at me including my Ken!




I couldn't stand crying. Ken came to know I weighed much. What if your girl friend broke the toy horse due to her heavy weight? I thought Ken wanted to break up with me. But at that time, he hugged me and said, "Darling, don't cry. It's not because you weighed too much but because it was made bad. And what I like is what you are, not what you pretended to be. I love you although you weigh much and you are not beautiful. Always your all is lovely to me." I was moved and regretted lying to him. 'Thank you, Ken. Although you'll be old and fat, I'll love you forever because what I like is also what you are."




(I'll put these three stories below because I thought they were not coherent with the first story a little. But they are good and interesting stories.)




I like this season, the end of March because beautiful blossom on the trees and in the field really starts. Above all, I like the white pink cherry blossom. I have some memory about cherry blossom. Do you guess?




Everyone has a skeleton in his chest; like this old saying goes, I myself have a lot of secrets. It could be dirty, immoral or about sexual fantasy I have. Whether it is desirable or not, having a secret makes our lives more interesting. The girl you had crushed on but never told how you felt, taking a bill from your mother's wallet, wetting your pants even when you were a 7th grader and so on so far.




What I like is ...money. I can go anywhere I want. I can have anything I want to buy. I think I can do anything that I want to do!

I really want to win a lotto. Some told me the numbers. I'll share that money with you. Call me!^^
avatar
Hyo-Jin Kim
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 41
Join date : 2008-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Real Happy Ending"

Post  Hyo-Jin Kim on Sun Apr 27 2008, 03:59

I should say the story was pretty interesting first. Very Happy
There was actually no relation between the story and the title, but naming the twins after Hansel and Gretel was really smart!! I had a lot of fun by being the one sharing their secret in reading it even though it was a little disappointing that the story wasn't about what I expected from the title, some adventures of the twins. I was also sorry that the story was likely to be suddenly finalized. Nevertheless, I felt the story was far enjoyable beyond the flaws.
I've envied twins since I was little because identical twins are amazingly adorable. And I reallly want to know how it is to live with the other who looks very alike with me. So it was good to have an indirect experience through this impressive, happy-ending story.
Oh and, to be honest, I am the unknown student who didn't put the name on the paper.kk




Jeong, Seong-yoon wrote:Titled by Jeong, Mi-jin

with Kim, Eun-jung, Kim, Ji- young, Jeong, Ji-eun, Jeong, seong-yoon and unknown one student.

Hansel and Gretel are identical twins. Their appearance is perfectly same, but their personalities are very different. Hansel is so nice daughter to her parents. But Gretel is a little troublemaker. Their parents like Hansel rather more.

Then, One day, Gretel wanted to know whether their parents or friends distinguish her from her sister, Hansel. So she made a suggestion to Hansel that She would pretend to be Hansel and Hansel would pretend to be Gretel for fun, and then they, so curious sister, would find out if their parents or friends could really distinguish one from the other or not. Hansel also agreed that, so Gretel started behaving nicely and Hansel began being a trouble maker.

Gretel set to study at night. She sometimes stayed up all night. At first, it was really difficult. Additionally She didn't know even A. B. C. But she came to learn a lot. She is getting interested in studying day by day and finally She came to find out how pretty exciting it was.

Unfortunately, however, Hansel thought that he didn't have to study hard any longer, that's because Gretel is not real Gretel, Hansel is neither. Hansel got to hang out with friends every night over and over again. Also, Hansel was happy because Gretel studied hard instead of him.

Before soon, their parents realized something wrong with Hansel and began to blame her. On the other hand, Gretel was getting praised everyday. Hansel felt so jealous of Gretel that she took her outside and came to talking about what to do next.

And then, by accident, Hansel heard that their parents was talking about them. Their parents were very serious because of them and worry about both of them!

Hansel finally realized that they love him, too! He thought they always love and care for Gretel, and it was only his misunderstanding!

It's kind a story with a happy ending . Very Happy
avatar
Hyo-Jin Kim
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 41
Join date : 2008-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wow-!

Post  Hyo-Jin Kim on Sun Apr 27 2008, 04:42

You got me wrong!
I didn't expect that she would ever get married to him. I rather supposed she wouldn't go on a bling date again and die alone or something like that. silent
The story was so amusing that I fully understood with reading it only once.^0^
I thought the bald man and she were doomed to be a couple by destiny. There could have been no chance to meet him unless her friend had broken up with her boyfriend. Moreover, if she hadn't failed to get her hair dressed, she might have left him without hestitation. Even though I do not pefectly believe in fatalism, I come to think about it when I face with kind of unexplainable happenings in books, movies, or sometimes life. What's our opinion? Surprised
A bald man on a blind date.. I was even made to imagine the situation on my blind date. I'm not clear if I could be as understanding as you. You're right in saying appeance is not the most important of all, but I can't say it is nothing because I have to be concerned about my children. The old saying comes to me all of a sudden:"Don't judge a book with the cover." Maybe, we need to try to see what's inside more than look for something good outwardly.
I appreciate the beautiful story that you've made together.


Jung Yoojin wrote:"A Blind Date, how about it?"

titled by BoYun Park

[with JiHyun Park, HyeJin Lee, Oksun Jeong, SungHan Bae, YuJin Lee, YooJin Jung]

A beautiful and sunny Sunday in spring, there is a female sitting alone at home. Not washing her face and undressed, she just watch TV blanky. It's me who deadly want to have a great boyfriend. Having boyfriend, why don't I have a blind date?


Suddenly I got a call from my best friend J who is good looking and has a very good shape. She told me she wanted to set me up with a rich guy. (Acting J has just broken up with her boyfriend after seeing each other for 2 years. She said she doesn't want to meet any man for a moment.) She asked me to come to R cafe at 6 this Thursday. She suggested me to meet a guy there.


What a fantastic news, isn't it? There was no need to hesitate! The time has come. Today is Monday, I have three days left. How lucky woman I am ! Thanks to J, I could have a blind date! hmm... What should I do first? get a massage on my face? or get a hairdo? get a new clothes? Oh~~I can't wait to see the guy!!


Three days after,
Oh... last night, I have been watching TV a lot, because I can't sleep for worrying the first fantastic impression. Anyway, I went to beauty saloon and I asked hairdresser to make my hairdo as much beautiful as he can. As I couldn't have much sleep last night, I was drowsing and my head started to fall a bit. Few minutes later when I woke up..... oh my GOD! What the XXXX going on my hair????? He cut my hair half long unevenly because of my drowsy knocking!


Oh my godness! Only 30 minutes left. What should I do? As soon as I went out of the beauty saloon, I tried to find store. I nearly could buy one hat which could cover my hair. I just run to the R cafe without thinking. Just not to be late..... When I arrived....


There was a guy sitting in the middle of the restaurant. He was wearing a gloamorous hat. I walked toward him with frustration. When he looked at me, he loved my hairstyle. I wondered why he said like that. hmm... I was curious why he was also wearing hat though. By the time he took off his hat, I saw that. I saw...He was bald!!
That's why he loves my clumsy hairstyle. He likes every person who aren't bald.


That was the last time I ever had a blind date. I never have had a boyfriend since then. It was a horrible time to me and the best experience to me. By virtue of my friend J, I could become two children mother. Yes, even though he was bald, he was rich and humorous. I think I had right choice, don't you think so? Haha, anyway, I am happy now. And I realize that appearance is nothing especially for your spouse. I met my soul mate who is my husband. And I am happy with my family now.
avatar
Hyo-Jin Kim
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 41
Join date : 2008-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thank you .. ^^

Post  Kyeong-im on Mon Apr 28 2008, 20:53

Kim Hyunjin wrote:
Kyeong-im wrote:by Kim Jin-yong, Boyun Park, Jihyun, Park, Hyejin Lee, Jeong Ok-sun, Bae Sung-han, Lee Kyeong-im

She broke up with a lovely boyfriend and then cried all day long. She didn't want to meet anyone, ever her best friends. After a few days, she felt very long. Tatally forgetting what happened to her, she tried to find something interesting in only restricted room. She found many creatures, millions of ants, in her house. At first time, they were disgusting, so she killed all of them. However, she started to feel happy by doing so.


She was quite surprised by herself. She was starting to feel happy and better after torturing the insects. She went to bed feeling much better. However, the next day, she woke up and found herself face to face with a giant ant. She pinched herself thinking she was still dreaming, but hey~. it was real. The giant ant was staring right back at her.


He, the giant ant, asked her, "Do you want to be killed or to live as our servant?" She didn't want to die nor to be a servant. However, there was no choice. So she said, "OK! I will do whatever you say" Then, the ant took her into their kingdom. Actually, he was the king of there, and the ants that she killed were his babies. He gave her a little shovel and asked her to dig a hole as many as she can.


"Dig, dig, and dig! You're the one who killed my lovely babies." "OK. I'll do everything you want." Even though she said like that she was looking for some ways to get out of this kingdom. After working 3 hours without a break, she was allowed to have lunch for 30 minutes. 'I should do something to go back to my normal life. How stupid and cruel I was...' Yet, there was nothing but crying. "What can I do?"


She kept weeping and weeping. Suddenly a fairy appeared near her eyes. The fairy said to her, "Can you promise not to kill any insects or small beings any more?" She stopped weeping and said, "Of course I do. I'll never ever kill any living things from now on. I promise!" Then the fairy turned into the giant ant. The giant ant blowed the whistle and so many-about one million-ants were lining up in front of her.


She was surprised at those millions of ants. However, she came to realize they were acting differently to her. They were gathering in front of her and seemed to follow the direction of their own king. She wasn't sure they would let her go home, but something was coming up in mind to follow. For a couple of hours walking to home,...


That was the last scene in her dream. Everything was not real. She dreamed in her dream. How strange! She tried to read a dream and finally found that victims(the giant ant's babies) represented her boyfriend. Unconsciously, she blamed him for the breakup. Through this dream she learned something. ; We are one. Although everything seems to be separated they have effect on one another. To hate someone or injure someone's feelings is to destroy ourselves. One man is no man. Now, she prays that he(her boyfriend) might be happy with a smile on her face.

Unlike my stories that I wrote as one of writers, this is so realistic. Especially, I like the closing of the story. Intorduction of this story is real situation and the middle of it is fairry story, and in the last part she came back to the real world. Also, it has lesson. Actually, I like happy-ending stories.


Dear Hyunjin,
When read your writing I thought it wasn't the skills of this writing that drove this reaction(like), but the perspective/interpretation of you. ^^
avatar
Kyeong-im
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 55
Join date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hahaha~

Post  Yoobin Cha on Thu May 22 2008, 19:10


This is really funny story.
If I had lived in house decorated with biscuits and chocolates for twenty years, I would be most fattest girl in the world but just imagination makes me happy.
Sleeping with Sweet Apple Pies with Whipped Cream... Deluxe Cherry Pies... Brownies... and of course, Blueberry Pies.. Oh it's never better.
I really like sweet-flavored foods and my mom always warn me not to eat.
I have a puppy,a Pomeranian, named JJORI.
He is a year but understand people's talk.
He also comforts me when I am sad. I love him so much.
This story reminds me of my puppy (and my family).
I want to live with JJORY.b_n

Lee Pilsu wrote:"The Best Birthday Party in Life"

(Jung Yoo-jin, Kim Sun-young, Park Mi-hyun, Hwang Yun-kyoung, Ryu Jeong-a, Park Bong-kyeong)

There was a lovely house in a deep forest. It was decorated with very delicious biscuits and chocolate. I had lived there for twenty years with my mom and dad. It was a Sunday morning, and it was also my birthday. All of the animals in the forest came to my birthday party.

Since I was five, I've always wanted to communicate with animals. But it seems to be very difficult to learn animals language. I picked up only a few phrases. But still I couldn't understand a thing when the animals speak each other. My parents, however, were excellent at speaking animal's language. It was a complete mystery to me how come they are good at it while I am not.

It was sad that I couldn't speak animal's language. I was the only one who couldn't. Although all the animals in the neighborhood came over to my place to celebrate my birthday, I couldn't talk with them. They approached to me, giving me presents, saying "blablabla", which I interpreted as "Happy Birthday" from the context of speaking. Although I was so happy to receive gifts from them, I couldn't continue the conversation with them no longer. All the words they were speaking sounded like all the same "blablabla." If I turn this way, I could hear "blabla", and if I turn that way, another "blablabla"

What on earth those "blabla" mean? With no one to talk to, I felt alone. I decided to hide in the closet. When they find that I was missing, they will feel sorry for neglecting me. That's what I thought. I was not just pretending. I was really lonely, indeed. However the closet I was in was so dark and smelled bad. What's worse I found myself locked inside. I got puzzled. I let out a cry and called for help. No one came. Soon I got tired and fell asleep, murmuring to myself "blablablabla"

In my dream, a big black pig came over me and asked me what presents I wanted to be given. So I preyed to him, 'Please, let me also have the special ability to talk with the other animals.' Then surprisingly the big black pig turned to a small white pig. At that moment, I felt somebody shaking me and I woke up. It was just a dream.

It was my mom who found me. I went to the dinner table with my mom. On that table I saw the exactly same white pig that I had seen in my dream. 'What a coincidence,' I said to myself. When my mom was trying to cut the pig with a sharp knife, I called out at top of my voice to my mom, "Please, don't eat it, mom. It's the pig I've seen in my dream. it had promised to give me the power to communicate with animals." After hearing my explanation, my dad who was the best animal language speaker ever, had a surprised look on his face. He was awe-struck, his eyes and mouth wide open. I couldn't get why he was so surprised like that. I continued explaining my dream and now all the animals turned to me with the same shocked expression on their faces. I still couldn't understand why. My mother came to me and said, "How did you become so fluent in animal's language all of sudden?" Now my father said, "You were explaining your dream, or whatsoever, in ANIMAL'S LANGUAGE." Now the animals all chorused rejoicingly, "Miracle Happened. This Kid Now Speaks Our Language"

I was jumping with joy. After several years listening to animal's language, I had thought I failed to learn it. Now all over sudden, it paid off and I can speak the language as well as understanding it. It wasn't for nothing that I was exposed to animal's speaking "blablabla" for the painfully long time.

At 11 in the evening, when every guest returned to their home, I lied down on my stomach on my bed, thinking the unbelievable change in me. I thought about the white pig that changed from the black pig in my dream. Maybe the color "dark" means that I can't understand the animal's language, and "white" means that I got enlightened from my ignorance. Before go to sleep I broke off a white chocolate instead of black one from my bed which was all made of chocolate, and popped it into my mouth and smiled. 'Well, at first I thought today was the worst birthday in my life, but turned out to be the best birthday party in my life.'
avatar
Yoobin Cha
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 56
Join date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Jokes

Post  Yoobin Cha on Thu May 22 2008, 19:26

To me, breaking the ice beween me and strangers are difficult.
I think I am free and easy but strangers do not think like me.
They regard me as uncomfortable person who are not easy to access.
Once, I asked ond of my friends what you thought about me when you first met me.
She said that she was afraid because I might behave myself haughtily.
I don't know why they think about me. That's because of my clothes?
Anyway, I do not care what they think about me because I realize that it's just their
guesses and easy to be changed.

kiera wrote:How to Get Along with a Stranger

by Ji-Hyun Park, Hye-Jin Lee, Ok-Sun Jeung, Sung-han Bae, Kyeong-Jin Lee, Yu-Jin Lee, Yoo-Jin Jung and Sun-Young Kim.


It's really difficult to get along with strangers. The first thing you should do is to memorize some jokes to break the ice between you and a stranger. Once you have some small talk and break the ice with him/her, you'll feel less stressful about getting along with strangers. The second one you should do is to be open-minded. Since we're all human being, we all have something common.

First of all, Start talking with some questions like "What a nice weather!" , "What do you usually do on weekends?"" or "I've been to Japan. Have you ever been to any foreign countries?". This could be one of the safest way to start conversation. Then you can find that the strangers who you are talking with and yourself are getting to feel more comfortable.

However, there is a subtle difference between man and woman in choosing the conversation topics. Here are some additional tips for starting conversation, especially for man. For example, woman and man have different point of views. If man wants to get along with a woman, just start with her favorite things, which man must get information at the beginning of conversation. Relatively, woman are interested in the emotional and detail subjects such as cooking or happiest time, something like that.

Secondly, you should be more open-minded when you first start a conversation with a stranger. Here is an interesting episode. One day, a woman has a chance to get along with a stranger, a beautiful woman. In order to break the ice, she says something emotional. Unfortunately, the beautiful woman doesn't seem to understand what she says and doesn't feel interested at all. She gets embarrassed. Actually, the beautiful girl was man in the past and even worse, she is not able to hear because of illness.

She is really angry with this beautiful girl, because she doesn't know about the girl's secrets. She is so upset, so she hits the girl. The girl calls the police, but it takes a long time for the police to arrive.

So these two people inevitably tries breaking the ice, now in a different way. She finds that the beautiful girl is unable to hear so she apologizes to the girl for hitting her. The girl accepts her apology and introduces herself again through writing. Now, she realizes that the girl is a transgender and she is a good person, and they become friends.

As you can see, breaking the ice is the most important thing when you met a stranger. In order to interact with a stranger better, you should choose normal and safe topics. You can prepare a common jokes or a small talk about weather. In addition, you should be more open-minded since there are various kinds of people in different situations. That is, breaking the ice should be based on understanding with each other. I hope these tips should be helpful for you.


- The End -
avatar
Yoobin Cha
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 56
Join date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

hahaha~

Post  Yoobin Cha on Thu May 22 2008, 19:44

A superman who is visit in Daegu?
Funny story which is focus on English education.
I sometimes have a bold idea that I have a pill improving my English.
If this story is to be real, superman become a CEO of English Education Corporation,
it would be wonderful. There is nothing to obstruct to the Superman.
Oh my god. Superman has taking a sex exchange operation?!!
It's really creative, funny thinking. hahaha~
Anyway,There is no rule that women can not be the superman.
I am laughing all the time to read this story. Thank you Very Happy

Ryu Jeong A wrote:Bae Sung Han, Lee Kyeong Im, Lee Yu Jin, Jung Yoo Jin, Kim Sun Young, Park Mi Hyun, Hwang Yun Kyung, Ryu Jeong A.

People always missed and respected superman, because they were able to learn what justice is, what they should do for their neighbors, etc. Even they sometimes dreamed meeting him in their dreams. Now, it's time for their dreams to come true. One day...

Superman happened to appear in Daegu. He really wanted to explain he wasn't a difficult person to meet. Unfortunately, however, he could speak English only. Whenever he tried to help and talk to Daegu citizens, he was refused because they were afraid to speak in English. So, he thought something went wrong in English education of Daegu.

Later he felt he should renovate English education in Daegu. So, he decided to meet the mayor of Daegu. Meeting him and his aides, superman talked about the seriousness of English education and said he wanted to help them. Then they made an agreement to educate citizens by developing new English education system. For the sake of solving that problem together, superman became a CEO of English Education corporation.

Superman's business was such a success, but he suddenly disappeared. He was seriously thinking about his gender identity. In fact, Superman always admired wonder woman's shinning tiara. So, he decided to get a surgery.

The superman became a woman. Now, superman doesn't exist any longer.

People in Daegu Education Department was very surprised to find that superman had gone. They tried to find him using every possible way. They even made a UCC of finding superman. One day, a woman called to the mayor and told him that she knew where he was and wanted to make an appearance on air.

Finally, the mayor met her on live TV show. Amazingly, she was the very wonder woman and really gorgeous than expected. She said the shocking story to the public, "Actually, superman always said he wanted to be a woman. While helping the others make their dreams come true, he found himself that he also could make his dream of becoming a woman come true and in the end he made it However, as you know, most of the people dislike and disrespect the trans genders. That's why he, no, no, now 'she' can't show up to the public." Even before ending her remark, there came a lot of encouraging messages on the web eagerly hoping the comeback of the super woman. Seeing this, the mayor politely requested her coming back to Daegu, saying, "I think they are already ready to meet and accept the new hero." With a determined look, the wonder woman removed her fake mask and outfits, and then a brilliant figure appears, super woman. 'Superman' returned at last, with a different but more attractive look.
avatar
Yoobin Cha
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 56
Join date : 2008-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum