Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Wow, great story!!

Post  Boyun Park on Sun Apr 13 2008, 14:30

Lee Pilsu wrote:"The Best Birthday Party in Life"

(Jung Yoo-jin, Kim Sun-young, Park Mi-hyun, Hwang Yun-kyoung, Ryu Jeong-a, Park Bong-kyeong)

There was a lovely house in a deep forest. It was decorated with very delicious biscuits and chocolate. I had lived there for twenty years with my mom and dad. It was a Sunday morning, and it was also my birthday. All of the animals in the forest came to my birthday party.

Since I was five, I've always wanted to communicate with animals. But it seems to be very difficult to learn animals language. I picked up only a few phrases. But still I couldn't understand a thing when the animals speak each other. My parents, however, were excellent at speaking animal's language. It was a complete mystery to me how come they are good at it while I am not.

It was sad that I couldn't speak animal's language. I was the only one who couldn't. Although all the animals in the neighborhood came over to my place to celebrate my birthday, I couldn't talk with them. They approached to me, giving me presents, saying "blablabla", which I interpreted as "Happy Birthday" from the context of speaking. Although I was so happy to receive gifts from them, I couldn't continue the conversation with them no longer. All the words they were speaking sounded like all the same "blablabla." If I turn this way, I could hear "blabla", and if I turn that way, another "blablabla"

What on earth those "blabla" mean? With no one to talk to, I felt alone. I decided to hide in the closet. When they find that I was missing, they will feel sorry for neglecting me. That's what I thought. I was not just pretending. I was really lonely, indeed. However the closet I was in was so dark and smelled bad. What's worse I found myself locked inside. I got puzzled. I let out a cry and called for help. No one came. Soon I got tired and fell asleep, murmuring to myself "blablablabla"

In my dream, a big black pig came over me and asked me what presents I wanted to be given. So I preyed to him, 'Please, let me also have the special ability to talk with the other animals.' Then surprisingly the big black pig turned to a small white pig. At that moment, I felt somebody shaking me and I woke up. It was just a dream.

It was my mom who found me. I went to the dinner table with my mom. On that table I saw the exactly same white pig that I had seen in my dream. 'What a coincidence,' I said to myself. When my mom was trying to cut the pig with a sharp knife, I called out at top of my voice to my mom, "Please, don't eat it, mom. It's the pig I've seen in my dream. it had promised to give me the power to communicate with animals." After hearing my explanation, my dad who was the best animal language speaker ever, had a surprised look on his face. He was awe-struck, his eyes and mouth wide open. I couldn't get why he was so surprised like that. I continued explaining my dream and now all the animals turned to me with the same shocked expression on their faces. I still couldn't understand why. My mother came to me and said, "How did you become so fluent in animal's language all of sudden?" Now my father said, "You were explaining your dream, or whatsoever, in ANIMAL'S LANGUAGE." Now the animals all chorused rejoicingly, "Miracle Happened. This Kid Now Speaks Our Language"

I was jumping with joy. After several years listening to animal's language, I had thought I failed to learn it. Now all over sudden, it paid off and I can speak the language as well as understanding it. It wasn't for nothing that I was exposed to animal's speaking "blablabla" for the painfully long time.

At 11 in the evening, when every guest returned to their home, I lied down on my stomach on my bed, thinking the unbelievable change in me. I thought about the white pig that changed from the black pig in my dream. Maybe the color "dark" means that I can't understand the animal's language, and "white" means that I got enlightened from my ignorance. Before go to sleep I broke off a white chocolate instead of black one from my bed which was all made of chocolate, and popped it into my mouth and smiled. 'Well, at first I thought today was the worst birthday in my life, but turned out to be the best birthday party in my life.'

Your story is greatly structured! You must print it in short story book!!! Very Happy It's like a fairy tale where the house is decorated with chocolates and biscuits and the story itself was very sweet and cute also. I like the idea of you compared dark black as 'ignorance' and white as some kind of 'enlightenment'. And good way to connect it with the ending part about eating white chocolate instead of black one. Moreover, the way kid acquired second language is similar to our way of learning foreign language. People are able to speak foreign language after hard time training and being exposed to its environment for long time. I'm happy to know that the kid got to understand animal's language after all and it turned out to be the best birthday ever. Also while reading your story about communicating with animals, it reminded me of the movie 'Doctor Dolittle' Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy
avatar
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 78
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I liked the way you expressed your idea.

Post  Boyun Park on Sun Apr 13 2008, 16:33

Oksun wrote:No More Happy Endings ~!
written by Kim Hyojin,Moon Namsuk, Kim Youngah, Kim Jinyoug,Park Boyun, Park Jihyn and Lee Hyejin

Everybody likes "happy ending"story in real life or even soap operas on TV. It's like everybody's hope in their lives, so we wish main actor and actress can get together even if they met with an accident or some difficulties.

Sometimes we are told the saying,"No pain, No gain." So perhaps many people like "happy ending" much more after they experienced some bad things. But I think "happy ending" is a little boring idea in a movie or soap operas. Even a korean movie "Happy Enging" didn't show real happy ending.

Therefore ,we need something opposite to "happy ending" like pitiful lives or psychotic stories. These kinds of movies really sound interesting to us. Like "Prison Break", there is a movie which has a lot of brutal scenes. Despite those bad things, most of viewers are crazy about it. Many critics question the morality of those topics, though.

By the way, korean TV dramas and movies tend to be made in a quite different way . They let the viewers choose and make the story. Whenever they needed next stories or synopses, they would ask viewers on phones or by internet to make a decision. So all dramas and movies turned out quite crazy , depending on how koreans are feeling or thinking during those votes(votes about the next episode.)

But you know what? People started to blame the writer for being undecisive. Now people want to have a special story which is based on the writer's creative work, not on public opinions. What do you think the writers should do? Which one is better? To keep asking audience or do on their own? We need to find a solution, without spending much money getting that answer. I'm of the opinion that it's up to the writer's creativity.

Yes. Writers should be as creative as possible. When we watch TV dramas or see movies, we can easily notice what's going on, what will happen next ,who will be dead and who will be happy in the end. We don't want to see boring and obvious endings anymore. I mean, we are sick and tired of some thing like " ~~lived happily ever after."

Writers! Try to think outside of the box. You can be very imaginative and amazing writers. Do not rely on featuring famous actors and actresses for making a big hit.

Even though it ended kinda of boring and all similar, I've always been fond of 'happy endings' just because it makes me feel calm and satisfied. However, I do believe there should be various endings and genres in movies and dramas provided to viewers. All people have different favorites and they would like to have choices. Smile I agree with you about writers' creativities. Sometimes, Korean dramas fail to attract viewers even with famous actors starring in them. That's mostly because the topic or theme wasn't creative enough or the story couldn't communicate nor sympathize with vierwers. Writers! (Even us people) better think outside of the box Exclamation And the result will be just awesome cheers
avatar
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 78
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

It was a dream~

Post  Boyun Park on Sun Apr 13 2008, 16:42

kim young-ah wrote:Titled by Kim Ji-Young, Written by Joo Un-Jin, Kim Bo-Yeun, Kim Hyo-Jin,Jung Ji-Eun, Jung Sung-Yoon, Moon Nam-Suk and Kim Young-Ah.

One day, I met a magician. He said, "I'll give you anything that you want. But you must keep it a secret." First I laughed at him and thought he was making fool of me. I just said, "Be my servant." I was just joking , thinking he was very strange. But he was so serious and said, "OK. I will be your servant. But you must not tell it to anybody."

And he said to me, "If you reveal the secret, you have to be my servant and you should do whatever I want." "OK. Sure. No problem." I said. I wanted the magician to make everything that I wanted. As time went by, I felt that the magic was not interesting any more to me, so I decided to become a magician, thinking that I could do anything and get anything including a servant.

So, I called the magician and asked him " Hey, servant! I want to be a magician just like you. Can you help me?" Then, he seemed to be thinking about it for a second and accepted it. But he suggested to me one condition.

"Of course, I can make you a magician. But, you have to go to the HOGWARTS school and study there. You know why? It is the time to follow your destiny. You were destined to be a great magician, Harry Potter!" I couldn't say anything in front of him. Am I Harry Potter?

"Yes. " he said. "Even though I go to HOGWARTS school alone, and if I got the more magic power and I were a magician, it wouldn't matter to me at all." I thought. "OK! I'll try but what if I go there with my best friend. I'm afraid of the loneliness."

"That's one of your duties that you have to overcome." he said. I was quite curious about that, but I wasn't quite sure whether I could handle this situation alone at the same time. Therefore I called my best friend to get her opinion after thinking about it for several days. She said that she'd be willing to go with me because she knew very well how scared I would be in my being alone. Suddenly, the magician appeared, and said "OK. You've my servant from now."

At the moment, I was at a loss. As soon as I became his servant, I was made to catch up with him, to run with a bus, to clean up his laboratory, etc..... Finally, I had the difficulties done, as he ordered. But, without knowing myself, I had already arrived at HOGWARTS school and I had finished the magic course. What happened to my best friend? Nowhere she was. I cried and cried. Just then someone hit my back. She was....
She was.... my MOM. "Why don't you get up and wash your face? Be late for school. Hurry up!" All was a dream. Ha ha ha.

I liked your story since it had some fantasy in it and also a magic story Very Happy Great idea of putting it with Harry Potter's story. I didn't remember the setting of its story so got to know a little bit more about it when I searched about HOGWARTS magice school!!! Cool He must have been glad to see his mom waking him up after all those hard work he had to do as a servant!!! Exclamation Well~ good for him lol! Sometimes, I'm also glad to be awaken by someone after having a bad Sleep dream.
avatar
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 78
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

It was an unexpected day~~~

Post  Boyun Park on Sun Apr 13 2008, 16:53

Bae Sung-han wrote:
Unexpected Day
(titled by Lee Kyeong-im)
(Yu-jin Lee, Yoo-jin Jung, Sun-young Kim, Mi-hyun Park, Yun-kyoung Hwang, Ok-sun Jeong, Sung-han Bae)

I woke up late in the morning, feeling very tired. I called mom, but there was no answer. I also called my brother, no answer, either. I came to realize that there wasn't anyone in the house. I looked up the clock which was hanging in the dining room, but it was gone. I thought someone must have stolen everything in the house except for the bed I had been lying.
HOW IT COULD BE POSSIBLE!

Then, suddenly a handsome and gorgeous guy appeared in front of me. and he asked me, "Would you like to marry me?" How odd he was! At the first sight, he gave me a propose, kneeling before me. My mind tried to say, "No, not at all," but my mouth was moving in a different way I'd like to respond. In a split second, I was saying, "Yes, I would. I'd love to." And I followed him to his place. As a matter of fact, he was the prince of a mysterious world, who was awesome and handsome.

However, something happened to us. it was a bit cloudy all day and at last in the later afternoon it started to rain slightly. And the drops was hitting this windows upon the ceiling. It was after the thunder splashed in the air of dark night. The handsome prince began to scream like the roar of lion and changed into a poorly old, ugly man. He tried to covered his appearance with his arms, stepping backward to avoid my eyes. And then, "I'm so sorry, said he like he talked to himself. He mumbled, "I, actually, was cursed by a witch who he had dated with." But I could hear him as enough as I said to myself.

Poor prince... I wanted to help him to regain his appearance, so that I firmly told him, "I will meet the witch to figure out what you have got." I, by myself, went to the witch's place where was located in the suburb of the town. It wasn't far way from the castle. It took 2 day horse-riding time for me to get there. The place which the prince directed me to get there wasn't not worse than I had expected. I walked slowly to the door and knocked three times. There was no response and I knocked again. But no answer again. But I could feel something behind. It was a bit spooky somehow, but not bad though. The witch was behind me, clearing her throat and saying to me,
"Who are you? What brought you here?"
I'd like to be straight, so I asked her why she had done to the prince and how much he was suffering.
And then, her response was not different from what I had expected. After discussing, she told me that the prince was a playboy.

And she explained that all he says was lie. She also went through the same experience as mine. Long time ago, when she had woken up in her own house, there had been nothing left in it. And suddenly he had appeared. He even proposed to her. During the conversation, I could feel the anger growing up to my brain and decided to revenge him.

On my way back to the castle, I was thinking about how I could revenge him effectively. The prince appeared and said,
"How did it go? Did you meet the witch?"
"Yes," I said, "Straight with you, I love you but I can't marry you."
"Why not?" he asked me with surprise and suspicion.
"She doesn't want me to get married to you. She still loves you." I mentioned as if I had felt disappointed and there had been nobody helping.
"No way," he cried.
After that, I tried to run away from him, but I couldn't move at all.
At the moment, I heard my mom calling my name.
"Alice, are you still sleeping?"

When I opened my eyes in my own bed, looked around my room and found out what I had dreamt of, I was so relieved. My pyjama was totally soaked with much of sweat and my body seemed to have no energy left, so I put my head on my pillow again. My face was a bit smiling with relief, hearing from mom's calling for me to get up once again. I moved my body up, thinking not to have such a horrible dream and a disgusting man in a real world.
It was a brightly sunny day, with the birds singing around out of the window nearby my bed.

- The End -


I'm replying to several dream stories today!! Very Happy lol! I especially thought your story was interesting because it reminded me of many stories. I thought of the frog prince, Alice in wonderland, and even Shrek Question Very Happy and sleeping beauty and what else?? lol!! all stories seemed to have mixed up in one Exclamation I liked your imagination and creativity about the girl wanting to revenge. All girls should look out for playboys~~~ right?!! Cool Like 'saved by the bell', this girl was 'saved by mom's calling' Exclamation Smile
avatar
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 78
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Twist turny story~!!!

Post  Boyun Park on Sun Apr 13 2008, 17:05

Liz wrote:By Jeong Oksun, Bae Sunghan, Lee Kyeongim, Lee Yujin, Jung Yoojin, Kim Sunyoung, Park Mihyun, Hwang Yunkyoung


It was a bright and sunny day. I wouldn't get this kind of weather again in my entire life. It was also the day that I met J. She was sitting next to me and such a sweet girl that I'd always dreamed of. We were sitting in a car to the airport which was decorated with lots of flowers. We were heading for the island which had the most beautiful scenary in the world. My heart was beating rapidly for excitement.

After we arrived at the island, we had a great lunch and enjoyed sunshine walking along the beach. I was so sure that we would fall in love. Everything was so perfect to be true.

Suddenly it started to rain heavily with thunderstorm. We had no place to get away from the rain. She got wet and started to shiver. I came up with an idea of making her a special umbrella. However, no matter how I made them, she threw them right away. She didn't like any of them.

How could she do this to me! I couldn't stand it any longer. I hate people make me angry. So I stabbed her several times with the very knife that I used for making the umbrellas and threw the body away in the ocean. That night, I was arrested by interpol. I couldn't understand how they found me that quickly. We were isolated in this island. Were we not alone?

I would escape from this island! One of the police officers, who was female, fell in love with me at first sight. I knew it wasn't right to use her feeling but I persuaded her to help me run away. However, she was murdered by her co-worker, ex-boyfriend. He was so annoyed to find out that she had feelings for me and lost his temper while they were arguing.

I was locked in a room for days, but they didn't find any evidence of accusing me. Finally, I would get my freedom back, I would be released, today.

Now, I'm home. It took quite a long time to figure out what had happened to me. I thought I was a human but I wasn't. I was just a brand new cyborg which could think and feel. J was my master and I was supposed to protect her. On the contrary, I killed her. Then the alarm system in my body alerted the interpol. That's how they found me. The manufacturer recalled me to find out what caused this fatal error and my body is falling apart into pieces. After all, I survived from the island.

Ohhh.. the story was spooky and also scary!! Rolling Eyes I thought it would be a horror story after reading 2 parts about boys killing girls. I believe this really is twist turny story with diverse and interesting happenings continuously followed. It started with such beautiful sweet love story about boy and girl going trip to an island. Then, with sudden change in weather, murders occurred and this hero realized himself finally at the end that he was a cyborg. This set up made it possible for the last paragraph to make sense and also about interpol arriving right away. The story was a bit mysterious and creepy? Wink but I had fun time reading it along.
avatar
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 78
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

hmm.. secret admirer even gave her wealth and fame??!!

Post  Boyun Park on Sun Apr 13 2008, 17:19

bakbann wrote:Title by Hye Jin Lee
Bae Sung-han, Lee Keyong-im, Lee Yujin, Jung Yoo-jin, Kim Sun Young, Park Mihyun, and one nameless person

There is a yellow rose on the desk. I got it from a man I have never met before. It was delivered but I didn't know why. My friends said he must be my secret admirer but I didn't think so because a small card which I got with a rose said "As a token of my gratitude... -your angel-".

Next day, "my angel" gave me another rose. I got a rose everyday with the same message for about a month. I had no idea who sent these roses and why. The same words were just repeated, "As a token of my gratitude... -your angel-".

As my friends guessed, does he like me? Maybe... but "my angel" is not my type. I like the man who has guts and says whatever is on his mind. Even if he doesn't have a feeling for me, his roses made me uncomfortable. "I should get rid of these!"

However, surprisingly, these roses were not just normal roses. They were made of gold, pure gold. I changed my mind to sell the roses and get some money. When I went to jewelry store to sell it, I found the perfect guy behind the counter. Nevertheless, whenever I tried to talk to him, he ignored my words and walked away from me. Not only I couldn't sell the roses, but I had to get out of the store.

I was embarrassed and so mad at him. "Am I a monster or what?" I went there again right away. However, he was whispering on the phone secretly, looking around carefully. He even had a gun with him. As soon as I entered the store, he hung up the phone, hided the gun, and walked away. His suspicious behavior made me report to the police. He turned out to be a spy from North Korea.

I got a reward of a billion won for reporting the spy. All eyes focused on me. "I awoke one morning and found myself famous". I became to have both wealth and fame.

As I became famous, my story about gold roses also spread. I haven't gotten any gold roses since then. Instead, many who heard my story are arguing that they are "my angel". Yet I haven't found the real rose guy. Roses were bothering me once, but I ended up being rich and famous thanks to them. Here is another surprise: My story will be filmed with the title "A Rose". flower

I like man who has gut to come up and propose in person but sometimes, it wouldn't be bad to have a secret admirer?? Very Happy I think it would make her curious and even wait for the surprise and that's kind of romantic, isn't it? Question I love you Funny how you related the good looking guy in the store to a North Korean spy!! Because of the mysterious yellow rose the girl got famous and much fortune and moreover! many admirers who want to be her angel Exclamation I hope the secret admirer and she would work out Very Happy He gave her everything already as a big surprise~ all he has to do now is to appear himself in front of her and go steady with her I love you jocolor She probably is waiting for you!! and I'm going to watch that film, "A Rose" cheers
avatar
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 78
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I agree!! Don't most girls do???^^

Post  Boyun Park on Sun Apr 13 2008, 17:31

Joo Un-jin wrote:What I Like...

(titled by Kim Hyun-jin, written by Cha Yoo-bin, Kim Eun-jung, Kim Ji-young, Joo Un-jin, Park Sang-yung, Jang Deuk-ju, Jeong Mi-jin)




I had secrets. It is not earth-shattering like American bombing into Japan. I have a boy friend, Ken. We look like Barbie and Ken. I told him that I weighed 50kg but actually I weigh 60kg. You know only one number is changed. I really felt happy when he believed my lie.




One day Ken and I went to the amusement park. We wanted to ride toy horses. There were a row of students in front of them. We also stood in line to ride them.




Then, finally we came to ride toy horses. But as soon as I got on it, it started to make a noise and become unstable and then it was broken at last. How embarrassing and humiliating it was! It seemed like everyone around me laughed at me including my Ken!




I couldn't stand crying. Ken came to know I weighed much. What if your girl friend broke the toy horse due to her heavy weight? I thought Ken wanted to break up with me. But at that time, he hugged me and said, "Darling, don't cry. It's not because you weighed too much but because it was made bad. And what I like is what you are, not what you pretended to be. I love you although you weigh much and you are not beautiful. Always your all is lovely to me." I was moved and regretted lying to him. 'Thank you, Ken. Although you'll be old and fat, I'll love you forever because what I like is also what you are."




(I'll put these three stories below because I thought they were not coherent with the first story a little. But they are good and interesting stories.)




I like this season, the end of March because beautiful blossom on the trees and in the field really starts. Above all, I like the white pink cherry blossom. I have some memory about cherry blossom. Do you guess?




Everyone has a skeleton in his chest; like this old saying goes, I myself have a lot of secrets. It could be dirty, immoral or about sexual fantasy I have. Whether it is desirable or not, having a secret makes our lives more interesting. The girl you had crushed on but never told how you felt, taking a bill from your mother's wallet, wetting your pants even when you were a 7th grader and so on so far.




What I like is ...money. I can go anywhere I want. I can have anything I want to buy. I think I can do anything that I want to do!

I really want to win a lotto. Some told me the numbers. I'll share that money with you. Call me!^^

About the first story, I truly understand the girl's wanting to keep her weight as a secret from his boyfriend. I talk to my girlfriends and most of them say that unfortunately the boys seemed to underestimate girl's weight. Rolling Eyes So they sometimes lie about their real weight, unintentionally. However, I think boys should see how ken reacted in that girl's embarrassing situation!! Exclamation How considerate and sweet of him to I love you protect her in such great way rendeer It's absolutely true that lovers should love each other what they are, not by how they pretend to be. Also, even the story wasn't related, I enjoyed reading the following stories too Smile
avatar
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 78
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I can feel her nervousness ^^

Post  Boyun Park on Sun Apr 13 2008, 17:43

Kim Jin-Young wrote:titled by Joo Unjin,
written by Kim Boyeun, Kim Jin-young, Jung jieun, Jeong Seongyoon, Moon Namsuk, Kim YoungAh, Kim Hyojin.

Today it was my first day to teach English in school. Actually, it made me nervous, so I had to prepare a lot of things for class. I dressed up and arrived at school on time. I felt my heart beating quickly and my face blushed. With my legs crossed, I tried to calm down my restless mind. As soon as I start to teach, the front door opened slowly. Rain, the world star, walked into the class.

It was unbelievable! It seemed that I was dreaming of him. Also it was likely that I would die of extreme nervousness. In addition, I was so embarrassed that I totally forgot how to say hello at the moment. After a few seconds of silence, he suddenly started to laugh and then said to us "Hi! nice to meet you".

You know what? I couldn't say anything in front of him. We managed to shake hands with each other as politely as possible. The director of a new TV program asked me to accept Rain as one of my students in class for today.

I started to introduce him to the rest of students before studying. However, there was a rule in class; Only English is allowed to be used during English class, so I had to explain any grammar rules in English. Smiling all the time, he suddenly suggested some possible activities such as riddles and storytelling. I was a little surprised, but I had no choice but to accept it. It was definitely unexpected because this kind of thing was not on my list.

As all the teachers were curious about how well each student work out, so I wanted to know the new student's English ability. However, he spoke so fast that I couldn't understand what he was saying exactly. Surprised at his fluency and accurate pronunciations, I sometimes made a couple of mistakes in pronouncing difficult words and even made a pause for breath. It was shameful that his English skills outdid mine in every aspect. At last, the 50-minute class ended up not achieving the objects of lesson 1. I said to myself 'This cannot be true!'.

Would that I dreamed of it! Fortunately, I realized the reality; it was a dream. When I woke up, I couldn't see anything in the dark. Only ticking sound from my watch was heard. Actually, I was in a bad situation; I didn't still pass the test to be a teacher. The mental pressure in my mind caused me to think of the frightened dream.

Frankly speaking, I experienced in breaking up with a ex-boyfriend who is now dating with another girl. Until my hurt get recovered, it took several months. However, I wouldn't let myself think it over and over because there remained many things to do. All of a sudden, I was told that the Ministry of Education made an announcement to adopt new teachers. It said that the number of new English teachers was going to increase this year, which resulted from the introduction of new English curriculums, Immersion Education Program. That announcement was enough to motivate me to study more than usual! I prayed God for me to make it.





I only have several tutoring experiences and none of actually teaching in classes. So just even thinking about first real class makes me have butterflies in my stomach. Rolling Eyes That's one of reasons why I like to share thoughts with classmates and hear their experiences since some of them are already teachers at schools. Pity for her because I know I would have failed from all heart beatings!! Very Happy first class day and the singer "Rain" at the same time??!! lol ^^ didn't she have hard time breathing? Surprised However the reality part about her waking up and realizing it was a dream was sad. It must have been extremely hard and stressful for her to worry about taking a test! Good luck to her and all the students in the class as well Exclamation sunny
avatar
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 78
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

It's a sweet loving story.

Post  Boyun Park on Sun Apr 13 2008, 17:55

Kang Eunmi wrote:Witten by Kim Sunyoung, Park Mihyun, Hwang Yunkyoung, Ryu Jeonga, Park Bongkyung, Lee Pilsu, Bae Haesol, Kang Eunmi

My Dear Grandmother

I have a wonderful grander who is over 100 years old. She is amazingly healthy and young. I like her very much.

If people ask me why I like her, I can give them millions of reasons. But the most important reason is this; She is my grandmother. I'm very happy to have such a wise grandmother. She is my friend, teacher, mother and grandmother.

I still live with my grandma. She still cares for her grandsons and daughters. Sometimes, I and my grandma go to play bingo games. There, many people ask me if she is my mother. Then I tell them just she is my sister.

One day, taking my kids to school, I went back to school expecting a nice happy chat with my grandma. I rang the door bell and opened the front door. There stood a strange woman that I had never seen before. I wondered who this woman was. I asked her " Excuse me, who are you? Have you seen my grandma?" Then the lady answered, "Oh, my sweet little puppy, I'm your grandma. Are you joking? Did you take kids to school?" What had happened to her and to me? I had no idea who she was. Something weird very spooky things must have happened.

So I asked her several questions to see if she is really my grandmother. In the beginning I thought she is a crazy woman saying that she is my grandmother. But as I asked her many family-related questions, she answered them all correctly. She even remember that I had a scar in my leg that I had got from being beaten bu a dog. Amazingly she remembered everything from beginning to the end. I looked at her face closely. Surely, she resembled my mother and me.

But she looked so much younger that her age. I was so confused. Smiling brightly, my grandmother started explaining. The Story was like this; when my mom was killed by the car accident, my grand mother was there too. But both my mom and grandmother got killed. My grandmother and my mom were so sad that they couldn't go to the haven. So they decided to take care of me. That's why there were my mom and my grandmother always. They are ghost!

Actually I know that my story sounds a little weird. But I can feel their love wherever I am like the air. I just feel that I had a sweet dream of them. Even though my mom and grandmother are with me as ghosts, I love them so much. Even, I can trust them more than anyone who are around me. For this reason, I'm the most happiest person in the world. Are you guys with these kinds of people all the time, huh?

I usually am not fond of ghost stories but this one I love it I love you It's just so sweet and heatwarming story and I admire her that she has such beautiful protecting angels around. I myself am very close to my grand parents. I used to visit them every weekend and still do. My grandma raised me when I was a baby and being their first grandchildren, they took care of me and loved me dearly. Very Happy And now they are also parents of my little dog!! ^^ I don't know if I'll ever be able to repay or give love back at them as much but just am really happy and feel blessed to be their granddaughter Very Happy
avatar
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 78
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

very interesting story

Post  Joo Un-jin on Sun Apr 13 2008, 19:09

First I expected to meet a very romantic story with the title "rose" and the beginning that you got a rose from an unknown man everyday. I really wondered who the guy was.
I predicted that the guy in the jewelry shop would be the one. I thought he was pretending to ignore you to hide his feeling.
But I was really surprised that he was a spy from North Korea. He was never related with the rose. The story turned very surprisingly and it made me feel fresh. The fact that a spy appreared under such a romantic title is so interesting. I like that.
But I really wonder now who gave you such a rich golden rose for a token of gratitude and why it stopped after you became famous. Maybe he was a guy who loved you and wanted to make you his own one. He might be disppointed that you became the person not his own, but everyone came to know.

bakbann wrote:Title by Hye Jin Lee
Bae Sung-han, Lee Keyong-im, Lee Yujin, Jung Yoo-jin, Kim Sun Young, Park Mihyun, and one nameless person

There is a yellow rose on the desk. I got it from a man I have never met before. It was delivered but I didn't know why. My friends said he must be my secret admirer but I didn't think so because a small card which I got with a rose said "As a token of my gratitude... -your angel-".

Next day, "my angel" gave me another rose. I got a rose everyday with the same message for about a month. I had no idea who sent these roses and why. The same words were just repeated, "As a token of my gratitude... -your angel-".

As my friends guessed, does he like me? Maybe... but "my angel" is not my type. I like the man who has guts and says whatever is on his mind. Even if he doesn't have a feeling for me, his roses made me uncomfortable. "I should get rid of these!"

However, surprisingly, these roses were not just normal roses. They were made of gold, pure gold. I changed my mind to sell the roses and get some money. When I went to jewelry store to sell it, I found the perfect guy behind the counter. Nevertheless, whenever I tried to talk to him, he ignored my words and walked away from me. Not only I couldn't sell the roses, but I had to get out of the store.

I was embarrassed and so mad at him. "Am I a monster or what?" I went there again right away. However, he was whispering on the phone secretly, looking around carefully. He even had a gun with him. As soon as I entered the store, he hung up the phone, hided the gun, and walked away. His suspicious behavior made me report to the police. He turned out to be a spy from North Korea.

I got a reward of a billion won for reporting the spy. All eyes focused on me. "I awoke one morning and found myself famous". I became to have both wealth and fame.

As I became famous, my story about gold roses also spread. I haven't gotten any gold roses since then. Instead, many who heard my story are arguing that they are "my angel". Yet I haven't found the real rose guy. Roses were bothering me once, but I ended up being rich and famous thanks to them. Here is another surprise: My story will be filmed with the title "A Rose". flower
avatar
Joo Un-jin
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 50
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I hope you will become a great teacher!!

Post  Joo Un-jin on Sun Apr 13 2008, 19:29

I feel sympathy for the story because I had similiar experience to that.
In my class there was a student who had lived in America for years. Her pronunciation was better than mine and she was so fluent in speaking English. She was so smart that she used to win the top in examinations. I was nervous in my class with her.
I used to be worried " What if I make any mistakes in pronunciation and cannot understand what she speaks in English?" But it became a optimistic stimuli to be. I tried to learn English hard at that time.
And at tha last part of story, I came to know how hard you study to become an English teacher and how much you pay attention to English policies. This administration expecially focused on English Education, so there will be more chances to be an English teacher. Try hard! Where there's a will, there's a way.
Kim Jin-Young wrote:titled by Joo Unjin,
written by Kim Boyeun, Kim Jin-young, Jung jieun, Jeong Seongyoon, Moon Namsuk, Kim YoungAh, Kim Hyojin.

Today it was my first day to teach English in school. Actually, it made me nervous, so I had to prepare a lot of things for class. I dressed up and arrived at school on time. I felt my heart beating quickly and my face blushed. With my legs crossed, I tried to calm down my restless mind. As soon as I start to teach, the front door opened slowly. Rain, the world star, walked into the class.

It was unbelievable! It seemed that I was dreaming of him. Also it was likely that I would die of extreme nervousness. In addition, I was so embarrassed that I totally forgot how to say hello at the moment. After a few seconds of silence, he suddenly started to laugh and then said to us "Hi! nice to meet you".

You know what? I couldn't say anything in front of him. We managed to shake hands with each other as politely as possible. The director of a new TV program asked me to accept Rain as one of my students in class for today.

I started to introduce him to the rest of students before studying. However, there was a rule in class; Only English is allowed to be used during English class, so I had to explain any grammar rules in English. Smiling all the time, he suddenly suggested some possible activities such as riddles and storytelling. I was a little surprised, but I had no choice but to accept it. It was definitely unexpected because this kind of thing was not on my list.

As all the teachers were curious about how well each student work out, so I wanted to know the new student's English ability. However, he spoke so fast that I couldn't understand what he was saying exactly. Surprised at his fluency and accurate pronunciations, I sometimes made a couple of mistakes in pronouncing difficult words and even made a pause for breath. It was shameful that his English skills outdid mine in every aspect. At last, the 50-minute class ended up not achieving the objects of lesson 1. I said to myself 'This cannot be true!'.

Would that I dreamed of it! Fortunately, I realized the reality; it was a dream. When I woke up, I couldn't see anything in the dark. Only ticking sound from my watch was heard. Actually, I was in a bad situation; I didn't still pass the test to be a teacher. The mental pressure in my mind caused me to think of the frightened dream.

Frankly speaking, I experienced in breaking up with a ex-boyfriend who is now dating with another girl. Until my hurt get recovered, it took several months. However, I wouldn't let myself think it over and over because there remained many things to do. All of a sudden, I was told that the Ministry of Education made an announcement to adopt new teachers. It said that the number of new English teachers was going to increase this year, which resulted from the introduction of new English curriculums, Immersion Education Program. That announcement was enough to motivate me to study more than usual! I prayed God for me to make it.




avatar
Joo Un-jin
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 50
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

haha i agree with you guys.

Post  sunnypine on Sun Apr 13 2008, 20:04

Oksun wrote:No More Happy Endings ~!
written by Kim Hyojin,Moon Namsuk, Kim Youngah, Kim Jinyoug,Park Boyun, Park Jihyn and Lee Hyejin

Everybody likes "happy ending"story in real life or even soap operas on TV. It's like everybody's hope in their lives, so we wish main actor and actress can get together even if they met with an accident or some difficulties.

Sometimes we are told the saying,"No pain, No gain." So perhaps many people like "happy ending" much more after they experienced some bad things. But I think "happy ending" is a little boring idea in a movie or soap operas. Even a korean movie "Happy Enging" didn't show real happy ending.

Therefore ,we need something opposite to "happy ending" like pitiful lives or psychotic stories. These kinds of movies really sound interesting to us. Like "Prison Break", there is a movie which has a lot of brutal scenes. Despite those bad things, most of viewers are crazy about it. Many critics question the morality of those topics, though.

By the way, korean TV dramas and movies tend to be made in a quite different way . They let the viewers choose and make the story. Whenever they needed next stories or synopses, they would ask viewers on phones or by internet to make a decision. So all dramas and movies turned out quite crazy , depending on how koreans are feeling or thinking during those votes(votes about the next episode.)

But you know what? People started to blame the writer for being undecisive. Now people want to have a special story which is based on the writer's creative work, not on public opinions. What do you think the writers should do? Which one is better? To keep asking audience or do on their own? We need to find a solution, without spending much money getting that answer. I'm of the opinion that it's up to the writer's creativity.

Yes. Writers should be as creative as possible. When we watch TV dramas or see movies, we can easily notice what's going on, what will happen next ,who will be dead and who will be happy in the end. We don't want to see boring and obvious endings anymore. I mean, we are sick and tired of some thing like " ~~lived happily ever after."

Writers! Try to think outside of the box. You can be very imaginative and amazing writers. Do not rely on featuring famous actors and actresses for making a big hit.
wow this is really cool story. I don't like always "Happy Ending"story very much. Happy Ending is like a trademark of Hollywood movies. Sometimes when I feel gloomy, I enjoy just happy happy simply movie. but after I watch those kinds of movies, I feel like.. something is missing. It needs to be rational happy, not just happy happy ending. To do that writers have to be creative and intelligent too. Anyways, I think we are being creative! Shocked
avatar
sunnypine
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 52
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good ending!!

Post  sunnypine on Sun Apr 13 2008, 20:22

eunjin39 wrote:The Mystery of the Red Boss cherry
Written by Mi-hyun Park, Yunkyoung Hwang, Jeonga Ryu, Bongkyung Park, Pilsu Lee, Haesol Bae, Eunmi Kang and Eunjin Cho

He is always gloomy and quiet. No one knows his real name, so we call him "Red Boss." I don't know when people started to call hime like that. However, one thing that I do know about this is he always has red stuffs like a red hat, a red cane, a red shirt, etc.


He is not insane, though. He just wears red one and has many red things. However, one day, he showed up wearing a pair of white shoes, and the other day, in a blue shirt. After changing all the stuffs that he had one by one, he broke with red.


The boss is not called "Red Boss" anymore. Not only the color of his items but also his personality has changed in a good way. Now he has smile on his face most of the time, and even he kindly say hello to his employees in the morning. How could a person like him turn into a totally different person? Everybody working for him wondered the reason why. However, they still coudn't figure it out. Whatever the reason, people loved him much better than before. What happened to him? It's a mystery.


There was a very important incident that changed his favorite color 'red' to others. One night after finishing work, he went out for drinking with his employees. On that day, he dressed himself with all red. After the gathering, he was walking home when he suddenly saw a cat staring at him on the wall. Since he was drunk and surprised to see the mysterious animal, he tripped over a stone and fainted. He fell into a sleep; he started to have a nightmare.


In his dream, he was in the swimming pool which was full of blood. He was trying to swim forward, but he couldn't because of the sticky blood. He was very sad and miserable. Suddenly, one big guy in rainbow colors came to the pool and started to suck the whole blood. The boss passed out for several hours and woke up at a strange place.


After recovering himself, the boss started to have different feeling toward colors. As soon as he got home, he began to look for the clothes that he put in a warehouse; he put them there because they were not red. Every morning, whenever he tried to wear stuffs in red, he kept thinking of the rainbow guy. After that strange and yucky dream, he changed. The change started to appear by the way he wear clothes and other items; moreover, as his stuffs changed, his personality started to become different.


He is originally a very weak and shy person, but he has been just pretending to be stonger than anyone else in red stuffs. However, after the incident, he made up his mind to admit the way he is. Whether he was frustrated or not, he just faced himself naturally by trying on clothes in various colors. The age of red clothes was gone. He isn't "Red Boss" anymore. He began to be called "Honesty Boss" because he knew how to accept himself. Now the story of the "Red Boss" became a famous legend in his town and it encouraged many people who are shy and quiet. Smile

I like this ending so much!! When I wrote this I had so much fun to read the things which were written so far. I was also very interested in ending too. I thought the name of this story was very funny too. Finally this funny story is ended instructively. That's so nice. I think students will like this way of writing so much because it's really actually fun activity and creative. and you don't need to prepare many things either. I like this story!! You did really good job!! Razz
avatar
sunnypine
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 52
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Ji-eun on Sun Apr 13 2008, 20:47

Lee Hye Jin wrote:My favorite things bounce

written by Jung Ji-eun , Moon Nam-suk, Kim Young-ah, Kim Jin -young, Park Bo-yun , Park Ji-hyun, Lee Hye-jin


There are lots of things that I like in my life. At first, I like coffee so much. I think it is very hard for me to live without it. I've already addicted to it. Smelling tea or coffee, I relax and take a rest with music. I prefer thinking good things to bad things. So thinking about my favorite things of my life makes me feel better. Even though life deceives me, myself.

Once I tried to limit the amount of coffee I drink but it wasn't easy. At first I didn't really know the true or deep taste of real coffee and just enjoyed the smell of it until I was mature enough to drink it. And I still like my coffee with much milk or syrup in it. Speaking of coffee, it's really hard to drink espresso even though the cup looks so tiny and cute.

Meanwhile, sometimes I prefer to be alone rather than to be with people. I really love coffee in other ways; when I encounter difficulties to endure, I drink coffee. It doesn't matter how many cups I drink a day. At first, I tried to soothe myself drinking coffee. Now it became something harmful in my stomach.

However, We have only one life. What's happiness? I thought about this question, drinking my bitter espresso. Suddenly something comes up. I rushed outside, running to the coffee place and finally got a cup of coffee with lots of creams and caramel syrup. I drank a little bit. Oh! I felt heavenly. Yes! Yes! This is what life is! After that day I totally changed my mind.

The second thing I love is the smile of my students in the kindergarten. I'm so happy because I can enjoy my life with my favorite things. Mingling with people I like is also one of my favorite things. I'm more like people person, and I hate being alone or isolated. Whenever I'm so down or have some problems, I can get good advice from them and I feel much better or even relieved. The moment I'm chatting and having coffee with them is the best moment for me.

Two of my favorite things in my life are coffee and spending time with people I like. Then the most valuable and precious thing in my life is having a cup of coffee with my favorite people. hee-hee

We all have a right to make our lives beautiful and energetic! Even though We all have different types of characters, hobbies and taste, how about trying to enjoy doing our favorite things everyday and make our lives worth living~~! What are your favorite things? What do you want to do now? NOW! JUST DO IT!




Laughing My humble feedback about this activity....
I think it was a very good activity to write , as the professor said, without thinking it's a boring writing session. However, We should have had more understanding about this activity. I felt like many of us, of course including me, couldn't understand how to do this exactly. So I had a little bit of hard time to edit the writing according to the title and to keep the intention of the writers. I think many other people did, too.

I hope we have another chance to do it. ^^ I have had few chances to write for many years just teaching my students how to speak, listen and read having not much time to teach how to write. So at first It was really stressful when the professor told us to write and post more than one paragraph every week like 'opinion and prediction'. However, now I think it's a good chance to practice writing. We can learn from other classmates and from many practices. We have to write to survive. hee-hee ^^ Thank my professor, smart and diligent classmates for making me feel less stressful about writing and giving me chances to learn more. Have a nice week~~!! Shocked


albino At that time, i was late, so i couldn't have time to understand this activity totally, so i made some mistakes with making a topic, and a first paragraph. So after i handed over to the next person, i worried about it. However, due to you, this story could be finished so perfectly. Thank to you. ^-^
avatar
Ji-eun
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 31
Join date : 2008-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I really envy this rabbit!!

Post  jihyun on Sun Apr 13 2008, 23:03

Kim Eun-jung wrote:A Rabbit which Hates Carrots


(Titled by Cho Eun-Jin, Written by Han Kyung-Jae, Kim Hyun-Jin, Cha You-Bin, Park Saang-Young, Jang Deuk-Ju, Jeong Mi-Jin, Kim Eun-Jung)


There was a rabbit family in a peaceful forest. It had father, mother and a very cute daughter rabbit. One day, after the daughter rabbit came back from the school, she kept asking her mother strange questions. "Mommy, why should we eat carrots for meals? There are many friends who don't eat carrots, and they always eat nuts for their meals. I want to have any other kinds of meals. I will have peanuts meals from now on."


In that evening, mother thought about what her daughter said in the afternoon. Mother wanted to raise her daughter as a healthy child, so she began to try various carrot-cooking recipes, such as carrot cakes.


Her daughter really liked to eat carrot cakes. She ate all of them. She asked her mother to make carrot cakes everyday. After 2 months later, her daughter became chubby. She gained almost 30 pounds.


Her mother said, "Oh, what's going on to my daughter?" The pretty daughter rabbit answered, "Mom, I'm going to be fat. But I can't stop eating your carrot cakes. I am a carrot-holic now. I don't care my weight!" And then mom said, "You need a special treatment!"


Mother picked up the receiver, "Hello. I need your help. 3 years old, female, when do we start? Oh, yes, yes, my pleasure, check your account 30 minutes later. She hung up the phone. "Mom, what's going on? Who did you talk to?" "Well, don't worry my dear. I called someone who could help you. You must need their expertise." "Help? What help?"


At that moment, someone rang the door bell. When the daughter rabbit opened the door, three rabbits were standing in front of the door with something big and square on their hands. There were wearing so tight clothes. "Come on in. My daughter really needs your help now. She need to lose her weight," said mom rabbit. They came in and prepared something quickly.


They started to make a ring for boxing using the tools and materials they prepared. From that day on, they started their special lesson to lose weight. The training was really tough. Daughter rabbit complained first. After three month, she became slim. Mother said, "It's enough. Now you don't have to do boxing any longer." But daughter rabbit couldn't quit boxing because she began to be attracted to boxing as time went by, and this time she became boxing-holic. Daughter rabbit became far healthier than her mom expected.

Although there is not big radical turn like transgender;;;, I really like this cute story.
Oh! I would say not like but envy this story's main character.
I am not a -holic person. Maybe some of you could say what's wrong with that but it's really matter to me.
I want to be a big fan of something such as music, book, food, actor, movie even man or whatever.
But I can't be. I don't know why but just I can't get excited with anything for a lone time. ㅠㅠ How poor I am!
Sometimes when I saw a person who are very passionate for something, he or she just looks beautiful to me.
I tried to be enthusiastic about something, but it couldn't last long. Am I too lazy or do I have some problem with my character? I don't know........Anyway.... But this little rabbit can stick to something
he likes, forever even though it makes her fat or thin. At least she knows what she likes.
Wow~ that's a happy gift from god!. Nowadays I am trying to have fun and concern with one thing. I am looking for right target except English ^^;;. It can be traveling, exercising, music or fashion. Just one is enough! Then I can answer to people's questions like 'what's your hobby?' 'What do you like?' That's real tough
questions. Except that, I really want to be a passionate woman like this rabbit~ ^^*
avatar
jihyun
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 68
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  billy on Mon Apr 14 2008, 07:35

I really enjoyed your story. Frankly speaking i missed this making-up-story class because of my baby having a sudden fever and pimples on his face that day. I shouldn't have missed this class. What a wonderful technique to keep student's attention and help them do creative thinking!
Anyway, the topic was great because no one will turn a deaf ear to a love story.
I felt like i was reading a best selling short story, which means it was really interesting and catching my eye to the end. However, i wish there would be more to the story. I want you to upload the story after they met.^^
I've always thought that your English is excellent whether you realize it or not. Keep up your outstanding work!

Ji Young, Kim wrote:
THE TWO PEOPLE FALLING IN LOVE

(Titled by Han Kyung-Jae. Written by Kim Hyun-Jin, Cha Yoo-Bin, Park Sang-Yong, Jang Deuk-Ju, Jeong Mi-Jin, Kim Eun-Jung, Kim Ji-Young)


The girl and the guy were just friends at first. Maybe they didn't know each other well at the beginning of the semester. One day, the weather was so nice that the girl was reading a book, sitting on a bench by the lake. One of her habits was shaking her legs when she was reading. So, as usual she was shaking her legs, and then one of her shoes accidently fell down into the lake. She was just looking at her shoe without knowing what to do. Then, a guy came to see her situation.

The man was very brave. He jumped into the lake without any hesitation and picked it up for her. The girl said very sweetly "Thank you," and her face became red with shyness. The girl wanted to know more about him.

The guy was tall, strong and handsome. Besides, he seemed to have a good personality. The two came to have a nice conversation about this and that, and at around 6 pm, the guy told her that he should leave her. Actually he had a very important class at 6 on Thursday, which was Jason's Practical English class in KNU.

For her entire life, it seemed like she had no right time for a man. When priority was the matter, making a boyfriend was not in her list. Moreover, she always considered herself 'Ugly Betty,' (and actually she was.) so she never thought of having a boyfriend seriously. But this time was really different. She wanted to make the guy interested in her. "Things should be changed now." Determined, she rushed to the classroom and could find the guy sitting in the very first row. "I'd better move now."

She thought, "It's the right time to put the magic pinky lotion on my face to make him have a crush on me." Actually, she had a magic cosmetic stuff that could make her ugly face really beautiful within a second. She was very excited and took the thing out of her bag in a hurry. And then She applied that lotion over her face.

Immediately she was transformed to a very attractive woman. She approached the guy and said, "Hello." Surprised, he said "I didn't expect to meet you here. Glad to see you again. What about having a cup of coffee in a near cafe after class?" She said, "I'm glad to." She came to a seat in the back and Jason came. During class, she couldn't concentrate on the lecture, thinking of him.

After class, they went to the nearest coffee shop and had a sincere talk over coffee. The guy was so perfect that he seemed like the one that the girl had been waiting for her entire life. And the girl also looked so cool and charming to the guy. However, it was not her pretty face that fascinated him. It was the way she saw the world around her, the way she talked, and the way she smiled. After an hour or so, the guy started thinking, "There is something great about her. I might fall in love with this cute girl."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the end of the story about how the two people first met and fell in love with each other. And there's one more thing to tell you before wrapping up the story. After reading this story, now some of you might wonder, "Where can I find the magic pinky lotion to become an attractive girl (or guy) myself?" Do you want to know the real secret? Actually, there is no such a thing in the world. Then, what really made the girl in the story charming and beautiful? You may already know the answer if you have met the person of your fate.

Actually the two were made for each other, and that's why they looked amazingly attractive to each other. The girl thought that the guy was more handsome than Brad Pitt, and the guy thought he was so lucky to meet a girl who exactly looked like Angelina Jolie. If you find the girl or the guy who is destined for you as in the story, she or he never fails to recognize you and your true beauty. Razz
avatar
billy
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 44
Join date : 2008-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I am wondering of what my students would say about me!!

Post  jihyun on Mon Apr 14 2008, 09:59

Nam-suk wrote:
by Kim Ji-young, Joo Un-jin, Kim Bo-yeun, Kim Hyo-jin, Jung Ji-eun, Jeong Seong-yoon.




A Day of Jason


Jason is a very passionate professor teaching English at Kyung-book National University. Of course, he loves his job and students very much, but these days he feels kind of bored a little with his life, because it seems like everyday is the same and nothing exciting or fantastic is going to ever happen to him. He woke up this morning just like other days and started the day without any expectation. He had no idea about what would happen to him today.

During day, he just thought to learn magic might be interesting and even it might give him a little life change. So, he visited a magician who knows the way to be an invisible man. The magician listened to what he said very carefully and taught the way to him. Eventually, Jason became the invisible man and nobody could see him. First, he visited the house of the president of KNU, and he saw something shocking there.


That was the president of KNU was also preparing for being an invisible man. Actually, he also wanted something new and especially, he wanted to know how students feel about him and what he had done. So, Jason and the president went around campus together, but there were no one on campus.


Then, they decided to change their route, so they went to a pub near campus instead of just waiting for students to come. They stopped by several pubs and listened to what the students were talking over drinking, because they wanted to hear about students' opinions on themselves.


There were some students of Jason, and they just got a class with Jason today. So their topic was the assignment of the class. They said that Jason's class is pretty hard because there are lots of things to do, but absolutely they enjoyed it. Jason was happy with that, but their topic was moving to the school tuition and they were getting more serious and angry about it.


However, students tried to make themselves calm down because they knew speaking ill of someone behind is bad. Jason and the president learned many things through this experience. They tried to care students' opinion and give them better circumstances than before. This was such a great experience for them.


Suddenly, Jason woke up from his short time nap. It was weird, but he had a chance to look back his life through this dream. He was more sympathetic to his students during his class, and he could see and realize something new and different though it was just same class that he had had. He smiled from time to time remembering that dream and those stuffs that he'd listened in that dream, and that made students wonder.


This is quite interesting story... How could you come up with this lovely idea titling Jason in the story.
It's good setting to be an invisible man. Sometimes I really want to be an invisible woman, especially in the school. I don't exactly know what my students think about me. Sometimes I really wonder, "Do they like me? Are they ok with my teaching style?, How about other teachers? What they think about me? Am I doing well? Did I do something wrong?........etc" If these questions start to come up in my head, it goes on and on and at the end, I have some despairing concusion. So sometime, I really want to get the information about what people think about me. To be an invisible woman is a good way to do this. Or how about having seeing-thorugh
sunglasses? What a Face Anyway, I hope I can hear the same things from my students as Jason's students did in the dream ^^;; Laughing
avatar
jihyun
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 68
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Um......well.... I am not sure ^^

Post  jihyun on Mon Apr 14 2008, 10:55

Jung Yoojin wrote:"A Blind Date, how about it?"

titled by BoYun Park

[with JiHyun Park, HyeJin Lee, Oksun Jeong, SungHan Bae, YuJin Lee, YooJin Jung]

A beautiful and sunny Sunday in spring, there is a female sitting alone at home. Not washing her face and undressed, she just watch TV blanky. It's me who deadly want to have a great boyfriend. Having boyfriend, why don't I have a blind date?


Suddenly I got a call from my best friend J who is good looking and has a very good shape. She told me she wanted to set me up with a rich guy. (Acting J has just broken up with her boyfriend after seeing each other for 2 years. She said she doesn't want to meet any man for a moment.) She asked me to come to R cafe at 6 this Thursday. She suggested me to meet a guy there.


What a fantastic news, isn't it? There was no need to hesitate! The time has come. Today is Monday, I have three days left. How lucky woman I am ! Thanks to J, I could have a blind date! hmm... What should I do first? get a massage on my face? or get a hairdo? get a new clothes? Oh~~I can't wait to see the guy!!


Three days after,
Oh... last night, I have been watching TV a lot, because I can't sleep for worrying the first fantastic impression. Anyway, I went to beauty saloon and I asked hairdresser to make my hairdo as much beautiful as he can. As I couldn't have much sleep last night, I was drowsing and my head started to fall a bit. Few minutes later when I woke up..... oh my GOD! What the XXXX going on my hair????? He cut my hair half long unevenly because of my drowsy knocking!


Oh my godness! Only 30 minutes left. What should I do? As soon as I went out of the beauty saloon, I tried to find store. I nearly could buy one hat which could cover my hair. I just run to the R cafe without thinking. Just not to be late..... When I arrived....


There was a guy sitting in the middle of the restaurant. He was wearing a gloamorous hat. I walked toward him with frustration. When he looked at me, he loved my hairstyle. I wondered why he said like that. hmm... I was curious why he was also wearing hat though. By the time he took off his hat, I saw that. I saw...He was bald!!
That's why he loves my clumsy hairstyle. He likes every person who aren't bald.


That was the last time I ever had a blind date. I never have had a boyfriend since then. It was a horrible time to me and the best experience to me. By virtue of my friend J, I could become two children mother. Yes, even though he was bald, he was rich and humorous. I think I had right choice, don't you think so? Haha, anyway, I am happy now. And I realize that appearance is nothing especially for your spouse. I met my soul mate who is my husband. And I am happy with my family now.


It's interesting story. Thanks for giving me a enjoyable story.
Actually, I am waiting for a blind date, right now. At the end of our mid-term, I will meet one guy~ Like a Star @ heaven
I don't know about him very well. Frankly speaking, I don't have high expectation, because it has been unsuccessful several times. By the way, this story makes me worry about my upcoming blind date.^^;;
How does he look like? How about this character? I wish he is a good man!....
I know the appearance is not that important comparing with the inner character, but honestly, people like a handsome guy and a pretty woman. But to me, if the person is right guy, his appearance doesn't matter that much. ^_______________^ Good luck to me !!!
avatar
jihyun
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 68
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I like this story.^^

Post  Kim Hyunjin on Mon Apr 14 2008, 11:27

Kyeong-im wrote:by Kim Jin-yong, Boyun Park, Jihyun, Park, Hyejin Lee, Jeong Ok-sun, Bae Sung-han, Lee Kyeong-im

She broke up with a lovely boyfriend and then cried all day long. She didn't want to meet anyone, ever her best friends. After a few days, she felt very long. Tatally forgetting what happened to her, she tried to find something interesting in only restricted room. She found many creatures, millions of ants, in her house. At first time, they were disgusting, so she killed all of them. However, she started to feel happy by doing so.


She was quite surprised by herself. She was starting to feel happy and better after torturing the insects. She went to bed feeling much better. However, the next day, she woke up and found herself face to face with a giant ant. She pinched herself thinking she was still dreaming, but hey~. it was real. The giant ant was staring right back at her.


He, the giant ant, asked her, "Do you want to be killed or to live as our servant?" She didn't want to die nor to be a servant. However, there was no choice. So she said, "OK! I will do whatever you say" Then, the ant took her into their kingdom. Actually, he was the king of there, and the ants that she killed were his babies. He gave her a little shovel and asked her to dig a hole as many as she can.


"Dig, dig, and dig! You're the one who killed my lovely babies." "OK. I'll do everything you want." Even though she said like that she was looking for some ways to get out of this kingdom. After working 3 hours without a break, she was allowed to have lunch for 30 minutes. 'I should do something to go back to my normal life. How stupid and cruel I was...' Yet, there was nothing but crying. "What can I do?"


She kept weeping and weeping. Suddenly a fairy appeared near her eyes. The fairy said to her, "Can you promise not to kill any insects or small beings any more?" She stopped weeping and said, "Of course I do. I'll never ever kill any living things from now on. I promise!" Then the fairy turned into the giant ant. The giant ant blowed the whistle and so many-about one million-ants were lining up in front of her.


She was surprised at those millions of ants. However, she came to realize they were acting differently to her. They were gathering in front of her and seemed to follow the direction of their own king. She wasn't sure they would let her go home, but something was coming up in mind to follow. For a couple of hours walking to home,...


That was the last scene in her dream. Everything was not real. She dreamed in her dream. How strange! She tried to read a dream and finally found that victims(the giant ant's babies) represented her boyfriend. Unconsciously, she blamed him for the breakup. Through this dream she learned something. ; We are one. Although everything seems to be separated they have effect on one another. To hate someone or injure someone's feelings is to destroy ourselves. One man is no man. Now, she prays that he(her boyfriend) might be happy with a smile on her face.

Unlike my stories that I wrote as one of writers, this is so realistic. Especially, I like the closing of the story. Intorduction of this story is real situation and the middle of it is fairry story, and in the last part she came back to the real world. Also, it has lesson. Actually, I like happy-ending stories.
avatar
Kim Hyunjin
Flyer
Flyer

Posts : 35
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a touching story!

Post  Oksun on Mon Apr 14 2008, 12:30

Kang Eunmi wrote:Witten by Kim Sunyoung, Park Mihyun, Hwang Yunkyoung, Ryu Jeonga, Park Bongkyung, Lee Pilsu, Bae Haesol, Kang Eunmi

My Dear Grandmother

I have a wonderful grander who is over 100 years old. She is amazingly healthy and young. I like her very much.

If people ask me why I like her, I can give them millions of reasons. But the most important reason is this; She is my grandmother. I'm very happy to have such a wise grandmother. She is my friend, teacher, mother and grandmother.

I still live with my grandma. She still cares for her grandsons and daughters. Sometimes, I and my grandma go to play bingo games. There, many people ask me if she is my mother. Then I tell them just she is my sister.

One day, taking my kids to school, I went back to school expecting a nice happy chat with my grandma. I rang the door bell and opened the front door. There stood a strange woman that I had never seen before. I wondered who this woman was. I asked her " Excuse me, who are you? Have you seen my grandma?" Then the lady answered, "Oh, my sweet little puppy, I'm your grandma. Are you joking? Did you take kids to school?" What had happened to her and to me? I had no idea who she was. Something weird very spooky things must have happened.

So I asked her several questions to see if she is really my grandmother. In the beginning I thought she is a crazy woman saying that she is my grandmother. But as I asked her many family-related questions, she answered them all correctly. She even remember that I had a scar in my leg that I had got from being beaten bu a dog. Amazingly she remembered everything from beginning to the end. I looked at her face closely. Surely, she resembled my mother and me.

But she looked so much younger that her age. I was so confused. Smiling brightly, my grandmother started explaining. The Story was like this; when my mom was killed by the car accident, my grand mother was there too. But both my mom and grandmother got killed. My grandmother and my mom were so sad that they couldn't go to the haven. So they decided to take care of me. That's why there were my mom and my grandmother always. They are ghost!

Actually I know that my story sounds a little weird. But I can feel their love wherever I am like the air. I just feel that I had a sweet dream of them. Even though my mom and grandmother are with me as ghosts, I love them so much. Even, I can trust them more than anyone who are around me. For this reason, I'm the most happiest person in the world. Are you guys with these kinds of people all the time, huh?

You guys made so touching a story . This story reminds me of the movie "Ghost"-a story about the ghost guy who couldn't leave his so precious love. I remember weeping all the while I was watching the movie. The same here with this story. I wish I had anyone I really trust like this grandmother. ^^
avatar
Oksun
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 58
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Lee Hye Jin on Mon Apr 14 2008, 12:59

I like the expression you wrote below "Think outside of the box!" We want no more rutine happy endings. We want something new, more challanging endings or some experiemental endings.

I think korean TV series or movies are getting better. The writers are doing their best to meet the eyes of the consumers. We'll see.



We don't want to just

Oksun wrote:No More Happy Endings ~!
written by Kim Hyojin,Moon Namsuk, Kim Youngah, Kim Jinyoug,Park Boyun, Park Jihyn and Lee Hyejin

Everybody likes "happy ending"story in real life or even soap operas on TV. It's like everybody's hope in their lives, so we wish main actor and actress can get together even if they met with an accident or some difficulties.

Sometimes we are told the saying,"No pain, No gain." So perhaps many people like "happy ending" much more after they experienced some bad things. But I think "happy ending" is a little boring idea in a movie or soap operas. Even a korean movie "Happy Enging" didn't show real happy ending.

Therefore ,we need something opposite to "happy ending" like pitiful lives or psychotic stories. These kinds of movies really sound interesting to us. Like "Prison Break", there is a movie which has a lot of brutal scenes. Despite those bad things, most of viewers are crazy about it. Many critics question the morality of those topics, though.

By the way, korean TV dramas and movies tend to be made in a quite different way . They let the viewers choose and make the story. Whenever they needed next stories or synopses, they would ask viewers on phones or by internet to make a decision. So all dramas and movies turned out quite crazy , depending on how koreans are feeling or thinking during those votes(votes about the next episode.)

But you know what? People started to blame the writer for being undecisive. Now people want to have a special story which is based on the writer's creative work, not on public opinions. What do you think the writers should do? Which one is better? To keep asking audience or do on their own? We need to find a solution, without spending much money getting that answer. I'm of the opinion that it's up to the writer's creativity.

Yes. Writers should be as creative as possible. When we watch TV dramas or see movies, we can easily notice what's going on, what will happen next ,who will be dead and who will be happy in the end. We don't want to see boring and obvious endings anymore. I mean, we are sick and tired of some thing like " ~~lived happily ever after."

Writers! Try to think outside of the box. You can be very imaginative and amazing writers. Do not rely on featuring famous actors and actresses for making a big hit.
avatar
Lee Hye Jin
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 64
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

the process to finding love

Post  Joo Un-jin on Mon Apr 14 2008, 15:56

This story makes me think again about how people meet and fall in love.
The most impressive thing in this story is that what makes a person attractive is not his/her facial feature but inner beauty.
When I was younger, I used to think how handsome a guy was so important. But as I grow older, I come to believe that how he thinks and looks at the world is the most important.
Maybe someone is waiting for you who has the similiar point of view to the world. He is destined to meet you after all.
The person who has already found him/her...so lucky Surprised
Ji Young, Kim wrote:
THE TWO PEOPLE FALLING IN LOVE

(Titled by Han Kyung-Jae. Written by Kim Hyun-Jin, Cha Yoo-Bin, Park Sang-Yong, Jang Deuk-Ju, Jeong Mi-Jin, Kim Eun-Jung, Kim Ji-Young)


The girl and the guy were just friends at first. Maybe they didn't know each other well at the beginning of the semester. One day, the weather was so nice that the girl was reading a book, sitting on a bench by the lake. One of her habits was shaking her legs when she was reading. So, as usual she was shaking her legs, and then one of her shoes accidently fell down into the lake. She was just looking at her shoe without knowing what to do. Then, a guy came to see her situation.

The man was very brave. He jumped into the lake without any hesitation and picked it up for her. The girl said very sweetly "Thank you," and her face became red with shyness. The girl wanted to know more about him.

The guy was tall, strong and handsome. Besides, he seemed to have a good personality. The two came to have a nice conversation about this and that, and at around 6 pm, the guy told her that he should leave her. Actually he had a very important class at 6 on Thursday, which was Jason's Practical English class in KNU.

For her entire life, it seemed like she had no right time for a man. When priority was the matter, making a boyfriend was not in her list. Moreover, she always considered herself 'Ugly Betty,' (and actually she was.) so she never thought of having a boyfriend seriously. But this time was really different. She wanted to make the guy interested in her. "Things should be changed now." Determined, she rushed to the classroom and could find the guy sitting in the very first row. "I'd better move now."

She thought, "It's the right time to put the magic pinky lotion on my face to make him have a crush on me." Actually, she had a magic cosmetic stuff that could make her ugly face really beautiful within a second. She was very excited and took the thing out of her bag in a hurry. And then She applied that lotion over her face.

Immediately she was transformed to a very attractive woman. She approached the guy and said, "Hello." Surprised, he said "I didn't expect to meet you here. Glad to see you again. What about having a cup of coffee in a near cafe after class?" She said, "I'm glad to." She came to a seat in the back and Jason came. During class, she couldn't concentrate on the lecture, thinking of him.

After class, they went to the nearest coffee shop and had a sincere talk over coffee. The guy was so perfect that he seemed like the one that the girl had been waiting for her entire life. And the girl also looked so cool and charming to the guy. However, it was not her pretty face that fascinated him. It was the way she saw the world around her, the way she talked, and the way she smiled. After an hour or so, the guy started thinking, "There is something great about her. I might fall in love with this cute girl."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the end of the story about how the two people first met and fell in love with each other. And there's one more thing to tell you before wrapping up the story. After reading this story, now some of you might wonder, "Where can I find the magic pinky lotion to become an attractive girl (or guy) myself?" Do you want to know the real secret? Actually, there is no such a thing in the world. Then, what really made the girl in the story charming and beautiful? You may already know the answer if you have met the person of your fate.

Actually the two were made for each other, and that's why they looked amazingly attractive to each other. The girl thought that the guy was more handsome than Brad Pitt, and the guy thought he was so lucky to meet a girl who exactly looked like Angelina Jolie. If you find the girl or the guy who is destined for you as in the story, she or he never fails to recognize you and your true beauty. Razz
avatar
Joo Un-jin
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 50
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This story is really touching!!

Post  jihyun on Mon Apr 14 2008, 18:53

Boyun Park wrote:I love you Forever Love I love you


Titled by BoYeun Kim

Written by HyoJin Kim, JiEun Jung, SeongYun Jeong, NamSuk Moon, YoungAh Kim, JinYong Kim, and BoYun Park


After experiencing a very heartbreaking love when I was young, I didn't get to believe in true love that lasts forever. Since then, my life has been just normal and nothing special. That was until the day I met him for the first time.


I can't forget that very day. Everything bothered and annoyed me so much that I was exhausted and frustrated all day long. Things just got worse and worse. You see, I was on my way back home riding a bus, when I noticed my purse was gone. I "Oh, no!" I cried out loud trying to find it. I almost gave up looking for it when my cell phone rang. It was a fine voice of a man. He told me he found my purse and wants to give it to me. That's how we got to meet each other.


Well that was the first time I met my true love, but wait there, let me tell you another love story of me. I went on a trip to Europe in 1995, when I was a university student. There I came across this beautiful just amazing girl with perfect star-like big eyes. "This is what people say love at first sight!" I couldn't take my eyes off her. I knew she was the one! She's my first true love! Instantly, on my flight to France(my next stop), I wrote to my ex-girlfriend who I had just broken up with couple weeks before on my trip to Europe. (I was a bad boy and had cheated on my ex-girlfriend.)


I told in the letter that I am finally over her and wished her the best luck. Finishing that letter, I went straight to my new love and start going steady with her. Had just marvelous time together and we couldn't stay apart each other. However, back at my hometown, my ex-girlfriend received my heartbreaking letter. She seemed to take it okay after couple months but didn't tell me anything about having my baby back then.


Time just flied. Forgetting completely about my ex-girlfriend, I am still with my girlfriend for 5 years now. I have been living in Italy since then. Currently, I'm selling some sightseeing guidebooks in front of Pompei remains and my girlfriend plays guitar on the street for living. We live poorly and I wonder if there's any love left between us. Is there?


I now realize that any great love cannot exist without money. That chemistry I thought my current girlfriend and I share seems to be vain now. I'm not sure if it's cause I'm too tired of living in foreign country pennilessly or because I just miss my home and past days, but nothing seems to matter to me now. I feel like a guy who have given up his life. I knew I had to make a decision if I want to straighten out my life. I sadly said goodbye to my girlfriend and hoped that everything will work out fine for her from now on. She didn't stop me from going and also wished me good luck. It was hard to call a closure to my 5-year love in Italy but I believe it was the right choice for both of us. So now I'm back on the plane to my hometown writing this story. Keep following my journey.


When I got home, my family greeted me with warm hugs. I have missed them so much! They didn't ask me why I came back or anything yet. Maybe my family were waiting for me to tell them the story when I'm ready. But first, I knew where to head. There was someone I truly needed to see and ask for forgiveness. Her house was just same as before and time seemed to have stopped 5 years ago when she opened the door. Except one change, a cute little boy was standing beside her holding hands. My ex-girlfriend invited me in and told the whole story. I couldn't believe my ears but it was true and she was still waiting for me after I have abandoned her for 5 years. I didn't know how to pay her back nor say sorry to her from bottom of my heart. Maybe this is my one true love or who knows? However, I finally got a chance to make up to her and I'm not going to let her down this time. We started dating again and also made much money after working very hard. Now, I believe we're the happiest couple on earth! I hope our love lasts forever.

Thank you for reading Very Happy


Like a Star @ heaven This story is so touching. It sounds like real story, not a fiction.
Yes, Yes, Yes, Everybody really expect true love to come to their life at this very moment. But we don't have ability to figure out what is true love. As this man did, some people think they fall in love with someone at first sight. Others think they still don't know whether they love their lover, fiance(e) or spouse even if they have met for several years. Who knows what the true love is and what the fake one is. I think nobody can
explain it reasonably. No
Actually, I can't understand the woman who was abandoned by the man. If I had been in her shoes, I couldn't have done it as she did. Maybe I let him leave me without anything and will not let him to see his son for a moment as a punishment. (I don't know the exact position of mon because I have never been that position...but this is what I am thinking now)
Do you think it is possible to live together with the man who had abandoned me and has lived with another woman and came to live me once again? No~~ No~~ not for me, no thanks.
Anyway.....Nobody knows whether the woman really loved him or she had any other reasons to accept him once more. But in any case, it was good that she was happy with him and lived happily, because she really needed it and she had right to be happy. scratch
avatar
jihyun
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 68
Join date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Han Kyoung Jae on Mon Apr 14 2008, 22:11

Oksun wrote:No More Happy Endings ~!
written by Kim Hyojin,Moon Namsuk, Kim Youngah, Kim Jinyoug,Park Boyun, Park Jihyn and Lee Hyejin

Everybody likes "happy ending"story in real life or even soap operas on TV. It's like everybody's hope in their lives, so we wish main actor and actress can get together even if they met with an accident or some difficulties.

Sometimes we are told the saying,"No pain, No gain." So perhaps many people like "happy ending" much more after they experienced some bad things. But I think "happy ending" is a little boring idea in a movie or soap operas. Even a korean movie "Happy Enging" didn't show real happy ending.

Therefore ,we need something opposite to "happy ending" like pitiful lives or psychotic stories. These kinds of movies really sound interesting to us. Like "Prison Break", there is a movie which has a lot of brutal scenes. Despite those bad things, most of viewers are crazy about it. Many critics question the morality of those topics, though.

By the way, korean TV dramas and movies tend to be made in a quite different way . They let the viewers choose and make the story. Whenever they needed next stories or synopses, they would ask viewers on phones or by internet to make a decision. So all dramas and movies turned out quite crazy , depending on how koreans are feeling or thinking during those votes(votes about the next episode.)

But you know what? People started to blame the writer for being undecisive. Now people want to have a special story which is based on the writer's creative work, not on public opinions. What do you think the writers should do? Which one is better? To keep asking audience or do on their own? We need to find a solution, without spending much money getting that answer. I'm of the opinion that it's up to the writer's creativity.

Yes. Writers should be as creative as possible. When we watch TV dramas or see movies, we can easily notice what's going on, what will happen next ,who will be dead and who will be happy in the end. We don't want to see boring and obvious endings anymore. I mean, we are sick and tired of some thing like " ~~lived happily ever after."

Writers! Try to think outside of the box. You can be very imaginative and amazing writers. Do not rely on featuring famous actors and actresses for making a big hit.


First of all, I enjoyed the story and I entirely agree with you guys. Nowadays most of the movies and soap operas have similar or even same endings. So we can guess the ending at the middle of the story. Maybe most of people don't like that. I know that creating something is very difficult and writers or creaters are confronted with difficulty. However, if all the endings of the movies and stories all over the world have similar one, people may not enjoy those any more. Being creative and imaginative is difficult, but it's very important in our society for all of us.
avatar
Han Kyoung Jae
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 66
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Han Kyoung Jae on Mon Apr 14 2008, 22:20

Joo Un-jin wrote:What I Like...

(titled by Kim Hyun-jin, written by Cha Yoo-bin, Kim Eun-jung, Kim Ji-young, Joo Un-jin, Park Sang-yung, Jang Deuk-ju, Jeong Mi-jin)




I had secrets. It is not earth-shattering like American bombing into Japan. I have a boy friend, Ken. We look like Barbie and Ken. I told him that I weighed 50kg but actually I weigh 60kg. You know only one number is changed. I really felt happy when he believed my lie.




One day Ken and I went to the amusement park. We wanted to ride toy horses. There were a row of students in front of them. We also stood in line to ride them.




Then, finally we came to ride toy horses. But as soon as I got on it, it started to make a noise and become unstable and then it was broken at last. How embarrassing and humiliating it was! It seemed like everyone around me laughed at me including my Ken!




I couldn't stand crying. Ken came to know I weighed much. What if your girl friend broke the toy horse due to her heavy weight? I thought Ken wanted to break up with me. But at that time, he hugged me and said, "Darling, don't cry. It's not because you weighed too much but because it was made bad. And what I like is what you are, not what you pretended to be. I love you although you weigh much and you are not beautiful. Always your all is lovely to me." I was moved and regretted lying to him. 'Thank you, Ken. Although you'll be old and fat, I'll love you forever because what I like is also what you are."




(I'll put these three stories below because I thought they were not coherent with the first story a little. But they are good and interesting stories.)




I like this season, the end of March because beautiful blossom on the trees and in the field really starts. Above all, I like the white pink cherry blossom. I have some memory about cherry blossom. Do you guess?




Everyone has a skeleton in his chest; like this old saying goes, I myself have a lot of secrets. It could be dirty, immoral or about sexual fantasy I have. Whether it is desirable or not, having a secret makes our lives more interesting. The girl you had crushed on but never told how you felt, taking a bill from your mother's wallet, wetting your pants even when you were a 7th grader and so on so far.




What I like is ...money. I can go anywhere I want. I can have anything I want to buy. I think I can do anything that I want to do!

I really want to win a lotto. Some told me the numbers. I'll share that money with you. Call me!^^



After reading this story, I felt again that there are so many people in the world and they are all different. They have their own taste so it is natural that what they like is different from people to people. What I like is money, too. ^^ But I think love and trust is more important that money. Therefore I can say that what I like is love and trust.
avatar
Han Kyoung Jae
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 66
Join date : 2008-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum